Shooting the video

Hibernation

I sat in a chair on the edge of the set. I still couldn’t believe I was here. I never dreamed when I auditioned for Yesung’s new music video I would get the part, the director was looking for something different. I wouldn’t be interacting with him, more like a prop but I was excited all the same. Suddenly he walked onto the set and all I could do was stare. He was even more handsome in person, even just in sweats and a hoodie. The stylist came and got him so they could start his hair and makeup. Another one came and got me and settled me into the chair next to his and started applying makeup while another girl worked on my hair.

“Your hair…. it’s so curly.” She giggled as she tried to figure out how to do it. She finally just fluffed it up a little and slipped on a head band that matched the shirt I was wearing. The girl on my makeup was trying to find a foundation that matched my light brown skin tone. I was watching him out of the corner of my eye, trying not to stare at him. He was playing with his phone while they styled his hair.

“What is your name?” He spoke quietly, not looking up from his phone. I wasn’t sure I’d heard him until he glanced over at me and repeated the question.

“Bonnie…..my name is Bonnie.” I replied, my voice soft.

“It’s nice to meet you Bonnie. I look forward to working with you.” He turned his attention back to his phone. Soon the stylist was finished with me and someone came over to walk me through what I would be doing in the video. It was simple and it didn’t take long. Yesung came out and the shooting started. I kept giggling when I was supposed to brush my teeth. I heard a soft chuckle and glanced into the mirror. He was watching me with a smile.

Soon the shoot was over and I went to change back into my street clothes and grab my bag. As I was heading out the door I felt a soft tap on my shoulder. I turned and it was Yesung. He had changed also and his face was cleaned of the makeup.

“Hey you forgot to take your makeup off.” He said softly and reached up to my face with a wipe and started to clean the heavy makeup off. I closed my eyes and let him, my heart racing as I felt his fingertips through the soft wipe. Time seemed to stretch and then it sped up and he was done. I opened my eyes to look at him. He had a strange soft look on his face.

“You look better without it”, he whispered, dropping the wipe into a nearby trash can. I smiled back at him, my cheeks flushing.

“Feel like grabbing some coffee?” He said with a smile and I nodded. He took my arm gently and we went outside together. The shoot had started in the early afternoon and it was dark now and I looked up at the stars as we walked to the street together. A car pulled up and he lead me to it and opened the door.

“We can go to Mouse Rabbit and I’ll make your coffee myself.” He smiled as he helped me into the car and slid in next to me, the door closing behind him. He smiled at me shyly and reached out to take my hand.

“It was great meeting you, Bonnie. I hope I can see you again.” His smiled stunned me and I could only nod. With a beep of the horn the car pulled away from the curb. I couldn’t believe I was here and couldn’t believe the man who sat beside. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes, smiling. What a day.