And so it begins

Airport Run In

"I have got to stop taking these red eye flights. Ugh." Lynn muttered to herself as she shuffled down the airport hallways.
"It's fine. They're worth it. Right? Right." She made her way to baggage claim while attempting to get herself in order.

Her phone started to play Not Today - but who would be calling at this hour?

"Hello?"

"Ohmygosh, Lynn!" It's her fellow ARMY and ride, Jennifer. "I've been trying to get a hold of you! The baby is sick and we're up to our elbows in... well nevermind. I can't come get you and I am SO SO sorry. Can you get an Uber or a taxi here? We should be back in order by the time you make it here. I'm so sorry!"

"Oh no! Yes, I can get a ride. Take care of that little guy and I'll see you in a bit!"

"Okay. Sounds - oh boy... gotta run! See you soon!" *click*

"Well. I wonder if anyone is running Uber this early in the morning..." Lynn pondered aloud.

"Excuse me..." a deep, smooth voice called for Lynn's attention.

"Y-" and suddenly Lynn forgot the entire English language as she stared wide eyed into the face of Rap Monster. After a heartbeat, she recovered. "*cough* Ahem. Sorry about that. Yes?"

"I hope you don't mind. I got separated from my group thanks to a random security check. I heard your ringtone. You know BTS? You know me?"

"I do! I am a big fan. You're Rap Monster. I'm Lynn."

"I am. It's nice to meet you, Lynn. Could you help me get to my hotel? I'm not sure what to do here, my phone is dead, and I don't know anyone's phone numbers."

"Absolutely! I was just about to call for a ride myself. Where are you staying?"

"I think it's Hyatt... the Hyatt... Hyatt something..."

"Hyatt Recency O'Hare?" Lynn jumped in.

"Yes. That sounds familiar."

"Okay, no problem. Hang on just a minute." Lynn began searching on her phone while silently thanking every god she could think of. "Here's one. They'll be here soon."

"Thank you so much." Rap Monster said with a bow.

"No need to thank me! I am happy to help!" Lynn said while waving her hands. "Why don't we wait outside? It should be nice out." She said, trying to cut the awkwardness in the air. 

Lynn headed outside with Rap Monster following closely behind. They stopped at the ride share area and Lynn took a deep breath. "Ahhh... I've missed Chicago. And we get to see the sunrise. How beautiful."

"Yes, very beautiful." RapMon replied while secretly looking at Lynn instead of the sun. He turned away just as the car arrived. RapMon turned to Lynn. "One more favor, please. Can you come with me to make sure I don't get lost again?"

"Sure!" said a confident sounding Lynn (who was actually squealing with delight on the inside). RapMon held the door for Lynn. "Hyatt Recency O'Hare, please." She said once they're settled inside.

"Yes, ma'am." Replied the driver as he pulled away from the curb.

"Will you be going to the concert?" RapMon asked Lynn.

"Yes! I'm going with a friend of mine. We're very excited. She'll totally freak out when she hears I ran in to you." RapMon chuckled. "She couldn't come get me like we planned because her baby got sick."

"Lucky for me."

Lynn's cheeks flushed. She turned her attention to the window.

"Here we are!" she said a bit too excitedly.

"That was fast." replied RapMon, sounding a little sad. Or did Lynn imagine it?

"One moment, please" Lynn said to the driver as she stepped out with RapMon. She turned her attention back to him. "Just go through these doors, up the escalator, turn left, and you'll see-"

"Namjoon!" BTS's manager came bursting through the front door. A flurry of Korean followed between the two. Lynn thought she caught a "sorry" or two in there. She started to head back to the car. They seemed to be pretty wrapped up in conversation and her job was done.

"Wait!" RapMon called. He jogged to Lynn. "Come to security after the show. My manager will put your name on the list and you can come backstage. Bring your friend."

"Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! We will!"

"Thank you for getting me here safely and not 'freaking out.'" He winked and did a quick bow. Lynn bowed back and got in the car.

.:*:. The Next Day .:*:.

Lynn was in heaven. As if getting to go backstage and meet the guys wasn't enough, RapMon showered them with gifts and then invited her out to sightsee with them the next day. It had been awhile since she had acted like a tourist in the city, let alone with BTS!  They were headed back to the hotel in a limo and Lynn was laughing as the guys joked around. She thought she saw RapMon looking at her out of the corner of her eye. Had she been making up all the little signals? The comments when they first met? Hands brushing while walking the Magnificent Mile? Making hearts into the side of The Bean? Side glances during lunch? She must be making it up. But he did smack Jin when Jin blew a kiss at her... Forget it. RapMon is an idol! She's just a fan! This is not some kdrama. She sighed and noticed they were pulling up to the hotel.

The guys got out first and RapMon offered his hand as she stepped out. The other members were already laughing their way into the hotel but RapMon held back. He also hadn't let go of Lynn's hand yet either. She looked up at him.

"Can you come with me? There's something I want to show you." RapMon asked.

"Yes." She said, looking a bit confused. He led her in the building. They bypassed the escalators and headed to one of the bigger meeting rooms.

"Practice room." RapMon said matter of factly.

"Ah." Lynn said while surveying the room. There were a few chairs, a stereo, a couple bags, and several bottles of water. RapMon walked over to a bag in one of the corners and grabbed something.

"This is a new song. I wrote and recorded it yesterday."

"Wow!"

"Please take it. My last thank you for helping me."

"I couldn't possibly do that!" She said, trying to hand it back to him.

"I wrote it for you."

She froze.

"Oh! Um. Thank you, Rap Monster! It is too much. I had fun helping. It was really no trouble. Thank you" she bowed, blushing. She put the disc in her jacket pocket. "I... I should get going. Thank you again." She turned and reached for the door handle. She started to open it when RapMon grabbed her wrist to turn her around and slammed the door shut with his other hand.

"Call me Namjoon ...please."

"Um th-thank you, ...Namjoon" she stuttered, unable to meet his gaze.

"I'll regret it forever if I don't. Forgive me?" 

Lynn looked up at him confused.

"Forgive you for wh-"

Her words were extinguished with Namjoon's lips on hers. Surprised hardly did justice to describing her emotions. Lynn blinked slowly twice. When it became evident she wasn't dreaming, she closed her eyes and allowed herself to kiss him back. 

"One kiss. That is enough. I don't need more." she told herself as she started to pull away.

Namjoon moved his hand from the door to the side of her neck and caressed her cheek as he kissed her again. And again. And again. 

Lynn started to melt. Rap Monster - no - Namjoon was kissing her. Kissing HER. And she was kissing him back. Matching his ever growing passion. Each kiss a silent confirmation this was real.

Lynn made the tiniest of noises as Namjoon put her arms around his neck and picked her up. She wrapped her legs around his waist as he leaned her gently against the door. His kisses started to come more urgently.

Suddenly, someone was trying to get in the room.

"What is this?" Suga's mutters drifted through the door as it rattled.

Lynn tensed. Namjoon silently pressed her firmly against the door and locked it with one swift motion, never stopping his kisses. He supported her with one arm and ran his free hand through her hair. His kisses deepened with every rattle as Suga continued to try to open the door.

"Is someone in there? Jin? Are you practicing in secret so we won't tease you?" Suga called. 

"Aish! This is never locked. Need to find a key." What were presumably several choice Korean swears grew quieter as Suga gave the door one last shove and walked away.

As his voice faded, Lynn slowed their kisses down until she could come out of the clouds long enough to push Namjoon back slightly. "We should stop before he gets back" she breathed.

Namjoon placed Lynn down and held her hand. "Mianhaeyo... I'm sorry" he said while tilting her head to meet his please-forgive-me-I'm-so-y-and-adorable gaze. "I got carried away."

"I think I'm the one who got carried..."

Namjoon smirked. He kissed her forehead and released her hand.

Lynn shuffled her feet. "I should get going. I need to return my friend's car and head to the airport."

"Can I call you? I'll make sure my phone doesn't die. And we won't be too far from you for our next concert" he asked.

"Sure. I'd like that." She smiled.

"Maybe you can come visit Korea too? I can show you around my city as repayment."

"I've been wanting to go. Maybe over the summer?"

"Cool."

"Thanks for everything...Namjoon." She said bashfully.

"Thank *you* for everything." Namjoon bowed before pulling her into one last sweet kiss.

Lynn left feeling head over heels. She'd have a lot to tell Jennifer! But maybe not about *everything*...