Final

Why?

Son Seungwan or as she liked to go by Wendy had been in love with her best friend for .. oh Lord knows how long, although it is bit of a cliché. She doesn't know when it happened or even how it happened, all she knows it's been for almost as long as they've known each other. 

Bae Joohyun or Irene as every one knows her. Is of course the most sort after girl in the town, but to Wendy she was just an ordinary girl. She's childish, a bit dorky and honestly loves to be treated like a princess. But Wendy doesn't mind when Irene gets her way with her, whether it's 2 or 3am in the morning and her phone is indicating an incoming call from her favourite person who needs to be picked up from a party or the time she text Wendy to pick her up from work and Wendy had to walk for a good 40mins to pick her up. She doesn't mind, as long as Irene is happy Wendy is happy. 

Irene of course has dated a few guys here and there, some of which didn't last long enough for anyone to remember their name. Wendy continued to be the good best friend that encouraged Irene, even if it was a bad idea. Did I mention.. Irene is a princess, you never tell a princess no. 

Of course Wendy has dated a few times as well. There was once this girl that Wendy was absolutely head over heels for, at least she thought she was. Until that very same girl who told her she loved Wendy left her, a month after Wendys father had passed away. But Irene was right there, demanding the number of the girl that had hurt her best friend so she could send her a piece of her mind. And that's to put it lightly. 

Anyways later Wendy realised she has never loved anyone the way she loves Irene. Nothing has compared to the way Bae Irene makes her feel. Even more cliché, Wendy may have imagined a life with Bae Joohyun as her girlfriend. She remembers once when she told Irene she had liked her more than a friend. Wendy was drunk that night and suddenly found the confidence to confess. So she did, Irene immediately answered her with a "I like you too" and no words could describe how Wendy felt at that moment. 

A few months later (because Wendy is clueless at making first moves and Irene doesn't ever make a first move) they crossed the line. They finally well, slept together as more than friends. And the first moments their lips touched, to Wendy it was like those real cheesy romantic movies(you know those butterflies in the stomach and the magical fireworks that happen out of nowhere) yeah well she felt all of that. 

And not even a week later may be just over a week, Irene was with some guy. Wendy knew better but she was still a er for letting her feelings get the better of her. As much as it , Wendy decided to just let Irene do as she pleased. Why should it bother her if Irene seemed happy right?. 

Fast forward and Irene is now practically married with two kids and Wendy is the best of best friends who treats Irenes boyfriend like family and pretends she never had feelings for Bae Joohyun. Wendy used to quietly wish that Irene and her boyfriend  would break up but now that they have kids, she would never wish that upon the kids. Wendy loves those kids as if they were her own. 

Wendy wishes to move on with her life, wishes she never had these feelings for her best friend. Sometimes wishes she could just tell Irene how she truly feels. She misses when they used to practically live together (Wendy had gone away to see her older sister for a week and her mother had told Irene to move in with them. Irene basically lived there anyways so it made sense). Wendy misses when Irene would be the last thing she saw before she closed her eyes and the very first person she saw when she woke up. She still thinks about moments.

But now she just sits back watching Irene play happy family, while Wendy studies and sleeps. She sometime cries at night, she tells herself she's stupid for letting herself get so stuck in love and not figure a way out of it. She's stuck of feeling like a loser and feeling sorry for herself. She wishes she didn't feel so good inside when Irene tells her that she's fighting with her boyfriend and shes upset. Wendy doesn't feel like such a good friend when she ignores Irene when she needs her the most, but she can't help it shes sick of hearing Irene complain. 

Wendy is sick of living her best friend because it's too difficult for her to get over the feelings that maybe Irene still feels the same but doesn't want to be destroyed by society. 

 

Wendy wishes love was easy but it will never be easy. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_

A/N : this was actually rushed so I apologize if it doesn't make sense ay. Also I wrote in my phone so it was kind of difficult. Anyways yeah let me know what you think Idk lol