Chapter I

Being Her

 

"Beginning" 

 

 

I met him the day I was just a greenie, when I was so scared and deprived of faith. It was hard not to fall for him with the way he hold himself like a knight in shining armor, especially when I gladly took the role of a damsel in distress. His name was Baekhyun, a noble, the brother of the one who cursed me.

 

I wasn’t supposed to take his hand back then, it was a step towards my doom. But the tug in my heart said otherwise and I wouldn’t reverse back time even if I could. Baekhyun still played a huge part of my growth and plus, my heart won’t hurt this bad for eternity would it? He said so himself, immortals had a gift of forgetting. He also did well in not only saying it but showing it for he was wrapping a new greenie in his fingers.

 

I wasn’t his first nor his last. His first left him a deep scar and ever since he had continued this over and over, pick a helpless girl from a sting of greenies – shape them up – dance a full waltz with them – then leave and look for another. Some whispered he was exactly like those greenies, used then thrown away. The rumor calmed my heart a bit as I pitied him more than I could hate him.

 

And also the fact that he still sneaked inside my room to stare at me while I’m sleeping, or was anyways. His heartbeat could match the stomping of a hoard of elephants. Like tonight, with addition of his haggard breath. I couldn’t help myself “Come,” and he did inch closer to me in a flash. His hands snaking around my waist and pulling my back towards his chest.

 

He was an arse for doing this; for making me feel special to him.

 

“Jade,” his breath tickled my neck and I could only snuggle up to him that led to a hitch in his breath “Don’t tempt me.” I snorted and pinned him beneath me within a second “Who says I am?” He tried to even his breath as his body grew warmer and warmer the closer my fingers got to his heart “What about that new girl? Does she tempt you too?” A flash of anger and protectiveness flashed in his eyes but they melted as soon as they came when a tear slid down my cheeks. A deep breath, then he sat up; erasing all the space between us “You know only you can do this to me now.”

 

There you go, the huge pang of hurt struck my heart like lightning. The word ‘now’ was like a harsh slap to my cheeks as I know he was thinking of whoever broke him like this. I pushed him down and planted a kiss on his temple before rolling to the side and feigning sleep as he traced kissed on my back. His hands tightening its grip around me more and more before he bit my neck

 

“Baekhyun!”

 

“Shh, shh, just a little, okay?”

 

“No-“

 

“Chaeyoung-“
 

We both froze as that name escaped his lips. His grip loosened on me as I stared up at him and he stared back at me “I mean Ja-“I silenced him with the shake of my head. And the stupidest words escaped my lips this time “Is that who you want me to be?” I could see him struggle between his own selfishness and sense of justice. A moment of silence hung in the air before he devoured my lips “Please.”

 

That was when it started, being Chaeyoung.