Prologue

Fated Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There is heartache in everything but life is learning to see heartache as one of the most beautiful moments one could have.

It was January and the snow was falling slowly outside the classroom window. Hana was stuck in her third period class, AP English, and really didn't want to be there any more. It was pointless for her to be here. She already was supposed to be in a university classroom learning these silly things but the principal hated her and wouldn't let her graduate early. Not to mention her parents definitely could not afford a $500 class. They could barely afford the necessities at this point but she knew she deserved to be in a class she could actually learn in. She was told she was brilliant but soft spoken and she knew they meant no harm but it hurt at the end of the day. She may be smart but just couldn't place the words together in her head before speaking and came out as a fool, she opted to stay silent to avoid the embarrassment. She took to writing poems where she could take as much time to figure out her thoughts instead. She kept staring outside as a new poem idea popped into her head. Hana pulled out the faded blue notebook and flipped to the first page to start writing a few sentences but something caught her eye from her left. A black movement in contrast from the beautiful white landscape a story down. Looking down she saw a boy she did not recognize. He had jet black hair, a black backpack, faded black jeans, red converse, and a black hoodie zipped all the way up. She thought to herself that he must be used to the cold weather to be only wearing a hoodie, or he was just plain stupid. She turned back to her notebook just to end up frustrated as the beginning of the poem escaped her mind. She ruffled her bangs that had recently been died blonde and closed the notebook as the bell rang signaling it was time for lunch. She had packed up her belongings slowly to let her classmates leave first to avoid the crowd that formed at the door.

She walked slowly to her locker and switched her books for her next set of classes and grabbed the lunch she packed that morning and walked to the lunchroom. As she thought, the line for lunch were basically out the door and had to move around the irritated high school students as she went to her usual spot in the corner and sat on the floor since it was the least crowded area. Shortly after, her best friend Kim Namjoon sat down.

"Hey Hana," Namjoon said full of cheer in his deep voice. Hana just nodded silently as a sign of greeting then she bit into the sweet PB&J sandwich she had taken out of the lunch box. Namjoon understood the gesture and started to dig into his own lunch box. The boy was kind and never judged her. They had the same taste in music and he wrote lyrics that she loved to read. She was grateful he was an extrovert and talked to her first. She had an irrational fear of rejection and he made sure she felt no rejection almost immediately after he met her. They had dated when they were 13 but Hana broke it off after he was out of the country for a few months and didn't contact her. Well that was what she said but, in reality it was because she felt nothing but friendship for the boy who was only a bit older than her. Namjoon took it bad at first but let it be and stood next to her as her best friend.

Hana finished up her sandwich and pulled out her notebook hoping she received some inspiration during lunch. She felt like she was cursed when Namjoon cleared his throat ruining any thought process she may have. With a sigh she closed the notebook looking at her best friend.

"We have a new student," he started, "apparently he's in the music program here and extremely intelligent." Hana looked at the voice with an and this has to do with me why? face. He grimaced trying to put a smile on his face. "I was thinking of adding him to our friend group."

Namjoon knew the answer before she even said it. "Absolutely not. We are a duo not a friend group." He pouted cutely in hopes she would change her mind. He thought the older male would be perfect for their friend group, well "duo" as Hana put it. The older male had only one thing he was interested in and it was music (Namjoon thanked what ever divine being was up there that he wasn't interested in dating or he would have to keep him away from Hana). This made him the perfect friend candidate for Namjoon but for Hana it was different. The guy had to be good at poetry but also accepting almost immediately. He knew the latter of the demands may not become a reality for Hana and the new kid but, he knew they would be amazing friends over time.

"Fine. Just don't think I'll accept him immediately." She scowled and looked away from the boy that was now grinning ear to ear. The truth is she was scared to lose Namjoon as a friend and didn't want to upset him but she didn't want someone taking away one of the best things that happened to her. She was only being reluctant for this reason. She didn't make friends easily and had a difficult time trying to speak exactly what was on her mind. Namjoon was the first and only person to understand this about her and she was afraid this new "friend" would automatically outcast her.

"Let me go get him so he can eat with us!" Namjoon jumped up from his spot and ran to a boy that was across the room talking to some classmates. Hana however wasn't paying attention and looked at her hands trying to calm the shaking. She was meeting a stranger for the first time in a few minutes and she didn't want to seem like a fool so she started practicing the words she was going to say. She felt a tap on her left shoulder and she looked up anxiously to just see Namjoon pouting yet again.

"He's busy at the moment so he told me he'll eat with us tomorrow." Hana visably relaxed at the words but felt bad her friend was feeling rejected. She placed a loving hand on his right shoulder and smiled sincerely at the child man. "Don't pout. He'll eat with us tomorrow. It's almost the end of lunch anyways." He gave a small dimpled smile, which still made him look like a dejected child, and nodded at her. "Now let's get going to class Joonie~."

Hana started walking to her fourth class with Namjoon in tow. He was talking animatedly about the new song he was producing, but Hana's mind was far away. She could feel the dread pouring into her soul the closer she got to the classroom she was supposed to be in with the next few minutes. Her worst subject was behind the door of that room, Algebra. They took a test last week and they would be getting the results back today. To say she was frozen in fear mentally at the idea of her results is an understatement. She was in full blown mental shutdown. 

"Yah! Hana!" She blinked a few times and looked at the hand waving in front of her face. Namjoon was looking at her in concern. "You okay there? You just stopped walking." Blinking a few more times she recollected herself and nodded towards the boy. "Okay, if you say so. Anyways, I'll just walk you to here since your classroom isn't that much farther! Try your best! I'll see you after school!"

The male ran off in the general direction of his class and she smiled to herself to stop the pessimistic thoughts from coarsing through her head but she secretly knew it was because the boy never failed to cheer her up. With a burst of what she calls bravery, she continued down the hallway counting the doors on the left so she didn't get lost. She reached the fourth door and headed in. She leaned down to get her folder in the cubbies on her direct left after the door. The folder would hold her nightmare of the day and she was not looking forward to it. Hana groaned as someone had moved her folder again and now she had to search through all the cubbies. She was through searching the third cubby when she felt herself hit the ground. She frowned and went to glare at the cause of such situation but stopped when she saw the male's face. He had medium length jet black hair that was messy yet chic and his bangs were swept in front covering his eyebrows. Her focus then switched to black eyes that looked deep into her own and she felt like she was drowning, then to the thin but plump lips that were formed into a frown. He had  the cutest nose she's seen, which is saying something since she finds noses gross. Finally her eyes sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter