Luthors

The Battle of Houses

It was a total nightmare for Kara Danvers when she started entering her senior year, where workload and task piled up every week, coping with endless practices in spells and quidditch…. Not only that, she had classes from morning till late at night, where she had to rush from one class to another, with only a few minutes break in between. However, when in luck she will be having an hour break, which she was more than grateful to make use of the precious time she had by easing her mind off on the resting bench before finally able to keep away the parchments of her essay on magical creatures into her sling bag.

 

Unfortunately, peace did not last long, as Mon-el started shouting out for her across the corridor, running towards her direction, seeming too excited with his newfound information.

 

“Kara! I was looking for you everywhere!” He slipped into the seat beside her eagerly. “I have some great news!”

 

Kara groaned in dismay and buried her face in her hands. “I need a rest. I am sorry, I can’t come over for your quidditch practise today.”

 

“It’s not about quidditch.” He explained with excitement. “I will be participating in the duel on next Monday!”

 

“WHAT?” Kara lifted her head up so fast, that she almost thought she heard it wrongly. “What did you just say?”

 

“I am representing my house, Hufflepuff in the duel match against Slytherin.” He grinned and showed Kara the parchment.

 

Kara quickly grabbed the parchment and scanned from heading to the footer, without blinking her eyes.

 

Duelling Notices

In conjunction of the 10th anniversary of the duelling club, we would like to hold a duel match between each house, to select the best house leader of the year, and to represent our school to compete in the International School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Duelling Competition. The time and date are as followed according to the respective duel:

 

Mon-El (Hufflepuff) --- Lena Luthor (Slytherin)

Date    : 17th April 2017 (Monday)

Time    : 10am                                                              

Venue  : Duelling Hall

 

James Olsen (Gryffindor) --- Maggie Sawyer (Ravenclaw)

Date    : 18th April 2017 (Tuesday)

Time    : 10am                                                             

Venue  : Duelling Hall

 

Jack Spheer (Slytherin) --- Alex Danvers (Gryffindor)    

Date    : 19th April 2017 (Wednesday)

Time    : 10am                                                           

Venue  : Duelling Hall

 

Winn Schott (Ravenclaw) --- Lucy Lane (Hufflepuff)

Date    : 20th April 2017 (Thursday)

Time    : 10am                                                             

Venue  : Duelling Hall

 

Only charms and jinx will be allowed in the duel. The use of Dark Arts, demolishing of buildings, objects, and structures are strictly prohibited, candidate who defies the rule will be terminated and will be sustained to expulsion. Please seek advices from your respective house’s lecturer for more rules and regulations. Students from every house are allowed to watch the duel anytime, at your own risk.

 

J'onn J'onzz

Headmaster

 

Kara looked up, dumbfounded. She tried to open , to utter a word, but failed. There were so many information she needed to digest in this short span of time, and so many questions to ask, especially that particular Luthor, when did she transferred here, and how did she become Slytherin’s representation despite not seeing or knowing her, and worse, she didn’t even know that Lex Luthor has a sister…

 

“Well?” Mon-el looked at her, like nothing affected him.

 

Kara blinked before she heaved in a breath. “Do you even know who you are duelling with?”

 

Mon-el looked confused. “Of course, it’s Lena Luthor, as stated on that parchment.” He was clearly oblivious on the whole situation, his opponent and their capabilities.

 

“It’s a Luthor, Mon-El. Do not let your guard down. You should have known that they are notorious and intelligent individuals. Lex Luthor has been winning the duel for twice a row in the past few years, before he suddenly stopped representing his house.”

 

“But this time it’s only his sister right? I am confident I can beat her with my skills though.” Mon-el shrugged.

 

Kara adjusted her glasses before advising him calmly. “They will make you think that you are winning but in the end you are the one who is losing. Don’t take it that easy with a Luthor until the match is truly over.”

 

“Sure. As if you are confident on my skills.” Mon-el crossed his arms, seeming displeased with Kara’s lack of support.

 

“I am just giving you a heads up on who you are duelling with so that you can be aware of them.” Kara sighed in defeat.

 

“Do you think I cannot defeat a girl?” Mon-el started to raise his voice.  “Just because she has the last surname as her brother, doesn’t mean she can be like her brother.”

 

“Have you ever watch Lex Luthor’s duel?”

 

“No, and I don’t particularly care about him. All I know is that, I will win the duel, that’s it!” Mon-el clutched his palm tightly, anger was apparent in his tone.

 

Kara flinched at the increased of volume. “I am just looking out for you!” She tried to explain her view.

 

“As if you know better.” Mon-el scoffed her, making her sounded foolish.

 

Kara closed her eyes for a little while, she needed rest and Mon-el only added to her burden and worries.

 

“You should have put more faith in me.” Mon-el felt more annoyed than thankful for Kara’s concern.

 

“I do have faith in you, it’s just that I want to let you know about them so that you can prepare and be a step ahead.” Kara tried to reason.

 

“Why are you so adamant on them being better than me!”

 

“I just…”

 

“What?”

 

“…”

 

Kara was defeated. She was tired to argue anymore, tired of his condescending, manipulating and guilt-tripping acts that she did not feel like responding anymore. So she just listened and accepted every critics and remarks that he had said to her.

 

“You will see, Kara Danvers.” He gritted his teeth. “I will show you what skills look like.”

 

She nodded quietly while returning the parchment back to him.

 

“Mark my words. She is going down.” He got up from the seat and left, with the sudden urge to crush down his opponent as soon as possible, while Kara buried her face in her hands, as she thought of the days on why she got into this relationship at the first place and how badly it went after that. Her head then slowly drifted to her family, her sister, her happiness whenever she was with them…

 

Alex…

 

She opened her eyes, she missed her. Though they met often in school and being sorted in the same house, the schedule of their classes were different from others. She tried to recollect the other name, the name in the parchment that she saw earlier.

 

Jay… Jake…

 

She furrowed her brows, trying her best to recall the name next to Alex.

 

Jake Sph… Jake Spheer.

 

The opponent’s name didn’t ring a bell for Kara but it was enough for her to pack her stuff, and planned to head to Ravenclaw’s tower to seek for sources. She decided it was best to learn more about this individual and his capabilities to help Alex out.

 

Ravenclaw’s tower was near to her tower so she knew the way. She walked across the garden, passing by colourful flowers in all sorts of shape which seemed to bloom faster than normal, and larger in size, some levitated among the leaves; she then passed by fountains with crystal clear water that seemed to dance by its own, forming patterns and transforming into life-sized animals like dragon, lion, before her eyes until she reached the last fountain.

 

She abruptly stopped herself and examined the surrounding as she was surprised of the slight difference in ambience; she had walked passed the fountains plenty of times and also fond of these routes, but this time it seemed odd with the number of students hanging around these areas.

 

She furrowed her brows while observing the students; several Gryffindor and Ravenclaw girls were whispering at something before giggling, some Slytherins were commenting and gossiping in the corner… which Kara overheard  some of them.

 

Curious, Kara followed their view, trying to find the source of these slight commotion, so she made a turn behind the fountain.

 

What happened next hit her so hard that she immediately had to blink her eyes several times before gazing at her carefully.

 

It was a girl, dressed with a robe similar to her, except for the green tie, she was leaning against the pillar; seeming to wait for another presence, beside her stood her friend, in glasses from another house. She slowly found herself drawn towards the Slytherin unknowingly, directly meeting her green orbs, sending a chill down her spin. She was transfixed by her orbs, while her heart thumped loudly from her chest, feeling dazed and restless as her surrounding became to slow down, every motions delaying as the Slytherin gazed back into her soul. The girl was mirroring her, gazing at her intensely, dangerously as they burnt into her.

 

The green orbs belonged to one of the most attractive girl she ever seen in school, she had features like a Greek goddess, eyebrows which arched slightly at the end, a sharp jaw, full lips, and demeanour which depicted a mature and alluring upfront. Her long black hair was smoothly draped from her shoulder to her chest framing her crafted face beautifully, with her deep side fringe almost shielded one of her eyes, reflecting a charming and dangerous look from Kara’s sight of view.

 

She found it difficult to look away from her, her allurement was strong and appealing that she found herself captivated by her; the girl was leaning against the pillar, her expression was hard to be read with a combination of  solemn, and enticement as she continued gaze at her.

 

Kara never fancied or had friends from Slytherin, as Gryffindor did not usually interact with Slytherin, as they cannot seem to cooperate with each other and always considered each other as foes and opponent, but this girl proved otherwise, that Kara thought she might associated with her. She was different from the others. Kara cannot pinpoint what exactly was there, but it was something she can see herself working together with this particular Slytherin.

 

Kara had to break the eye contact as a rowdy group of Slytherin boys started walking past her and stopped between them to flirt at the girl. The girl just rolled her eyes at that statement. One of the boys then stepped a little too near towards her, before her friend stopped him from advancing further.

 

“Mind your manners.” The girl who had glasses warned him. She was from Hufflepuff, judging from the yellow tie she wore.

 

The boy laughed and paid no heed to her before the Slytherin took her wand out and pointed at his throat, “Now who’s laughing?” She raised her brow, and tilted her head.

 

It was so fast and sleek, as if she would considered slitting his throat with her wand, without the use of magic spells, even the other boys were shocked by her swift movement that they hesitated for a second before trying to pull their wands out.

 

As they were about to retrieve their wands for defence, a man’s voice abruptly halted them.

 

“Now, now.”

 

The boys looked behind the girls and their expression immediately changed.

 

“Don’t need for that.”

 

When the boys started seeing him walking towards them, they looked terrified and quickly left the area.

 

The Slytherin girl turned and immediately grinned at him after realizing who he was. “I was waiting for you for a long time.” She gave the bald man a hug.

 

“I was busy.” He smiled and patted her hair. “Do you like this place?”

 

“Trying to get used to not hurt the people, brother.” She smirked before slowly gazing back at Kara from a distance. Kara gulped, she can’t believe her eyes. She can’t bring herself to even comprehend nor uttered a word after realizing who she was, as ridiculous as it seemed, she had stood rooted at that particular spot like a pole for minutes, trying to reconnect the pieces.

 

She is…

 

Lena Luthor.

 

Lex Luthor’s sister.

 

The sister of the most notorious and intelligent individual in school. And Kara Danvers had never felt so ed up in her life.

 

----------------------------------

 

Source: https://ilikegirlsss.tumblr.com/

I was randomly scrolling till i accidentally found this. This picture inspires me to write this sh*tty crap. 

I have no regrets!