The Meadow

In The Meadow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Such a radiant smile; not even the Sun can triumph it. That laughter that rings through the vast fields of vibrant flowers; so enchanting. Those bright eyes that holds in them such childish playfulness; so refreshing. Those beautiful rosy cheeks; now sprinkled in pixie dust, the fluffy brunet hair covered in petals; so most absolutely gorgeous. The happiness radiating off of him warms up the cold heart now beating erratically for him.

Oh heavens, He thought, as he watched the brunette play around with the little creatures, what is happening to me?

He was hiding in the shadows of the forest that enclosed the clearing, dazzled. Never before in his many years of existence has he come to feel such emotions. What was this fluttering in his heart? What was this queasiness in his stomach? Why did he feel so light? It was as though all his pain and suffering had vanished. What was this beautiful creature?

~~~

And then their eyes met.

~~~

There he was, partially hidden in the shadows of the trees surrounding the meadow. Looking at him. Calm and magnificent. His eyes; dark abysses of wonder. Looking at him, staring at him, with endless curiosity. His hair; oh, that silky hair; darker than the shadows surrounding him, gleaming so beautifully even in such dim light. His skin; pale, so pale. Such a lovely contrast from the black of his eyes, his hair and his robes.

The elegant creature tilted his head, and-

Wait. Were those horns?

Curved back and down. Not large, nor small. Not really black either. The light catching it making them appear almost crystalline in form.

Demon?

So mesmerizing.

He felt his heart flutter, charmed by the divinity in front of him.

~~~

He was staring at him now. A look of awe crossing those bright, beautiful eyes.

What should he do? He wondered, unfamiliar with the expression he was being given. Never had someone before looked at him with such fascination. It was always either fear or skepticism.

Should he go? Should he stay? Should he say something? He was not acquainted with the skills of socializing. He cannot bring to mind a time he spoke with another humanoid creature in the recent past. After all, his sort were not so taken kindly to in this world.

The pixies around fluttering around the other had now stopped and were staring at him too. The familiar look of fear came to their eyes and he felt his heart turn a little cold once again.

Knowing he was unwelcome, he started to retreat back into the forest.

“Wait!”

~~~

No, no, no, no, no. Don’t go! He thought desperately.

“Wait!”

He felt the pixies around him tug at his clothes as the creature in front of him looked back up at him. He felt himself flush slightly under the unwavering gaze.

“Do you want to play with us?” He asked, and felt a little childish afterwards.

What are you, five? He scolded himself.

Slight amusement crossed the others features as he asked, “You want me to play with the pixies?”

His voice was smooth and sweet; like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter