Well, that escalated quickly

You're okay I guess

 

 

 

No matter how hard she tried to pay attention to what the not so lovely lady was trying to explain, Sinb just couldn't. The topic was too off her interests, and the almost lifeless voice her teacher had discouraged her even more. However, she could say she kind of liked this class, if she ignored the fact that Ms. Kang made her sit next to the one who annoyed her the most. It was the only hour and a half that nobody was picking on her, since all her classmates feared the authority in front. She started slightly looking among the silent kids, with her chin in the palm of her hand, until her eyes landed on the hot evil bi- blondie, hot evil blondie, as one of her friends used to call her.

Five months ago, Sinb joined this school, and there hasn’t been a single day in which she didn’t regret it. The reason was sitting there, doodling on her notebook looking like the most innocent child ever. Suddenly, she felt the urge to rip off one sheet from her own book just to mold it into a crumpled paper ball and throw it towards Yerin’s direction, most specifically her face, to get her out of that calm state. She doesn’t deserve peacefulness, Sinb thought.

“You like what you see?” The girl on the desk beside her said almost in a whisper, with a confident but low tone so that the teacher wouldn’t notice. Her eyes were still glued to drawings she herself made. Despite never meeting Sinb’s glance, Yerin could feel it.

“Sure.”

Before rolling her eyes and dismissing her stare from the blonde’s figure, the shorter girl caught a sly smile creeping up on Yerin’s lips as the class was getting to its end. Without time to overanalyze the weird gesture, Sinb rapidly got up smoothing down her school skirt, and started packing up her stuff to leave as soon as possible. She usually went home immediately, but today her quick movements were induced by a young and half-Canadian cutie she was supposed to meet. As she stepped out of the classroom, Yerin’s senses were strangely disturbed by the girl’s rush. Yes, she used to keep an eye on her because you should be aware of almost everything your nemesis does in case they’re planning anything against you, right? And the blonde knew Sinb’s normal plans after class were going home, with no excitement whatsoever because well, it was just going home. That’s why her doings got her curious this occasion. Yerin was popular, irritating and above all meddlesome. Therefore, she decided to follow her arch-enemy’s path to satisfy her inquisitiveness.

After getting rid of her friends and convincing them to leave without her, Yerin gingerly hid behind lockers and students as she followed Sinb down the hall, keeping her distance so she wouldn't be exposed. She saw the girl entering the Sophomore’s section, and then approaching someone who was waiting for her near a railing. Yerin didn’t think twice and came closer to a random stranger, and out of the blue initiated a conversation about nothing. The kid stood still as the blonde spoke, the starstruck taking over his body for a while. He obviously knew her, she was Jung Yerin, the popular girl everyone wanted. In seconds, the sixteen-year-old interacted back, he wasn’t about to miss this opportunity, even though he didn’t understand the reason of it all. He now had something to brag about later to his friends. This was Yerin’s way of going unnoticed, so she could do her spying without worrying about Sinb realizing. If she did acknowledge her presence in this place and called her out for it, she’d just say she had to talk to this pal of hers.

“Wow, you got so much prettier.” Somi commented with sincerity as she got involved into a hug.

Once the embrace ended, Sinb smiled shyly. This was the usual reaction her system used to come up with whenever someone complimented her. Somi was one of the friends she had to leave behind when her parents decided to move to her current city. A month ago, Somi had texted with the news she’ll be living there too, and since then she couldn’t wait for this day to arrive.

“I’ve missed you so much,” the nostalgia in Sinb’s voice was evident as she interlocked her fingers with her friend’s. “Mainly because I have no one here. I know it’s been like five months already but you know me, it’s always been hard for me to start a friendship.”

“Sinb-yah… You’ll end up alone if you keep acting like this. Unless you marry me.” The younger girl winked at her right after blurting out the joke. Her constant flirting with almost everyone who was close to her is something that characterizes Jeon Somi. Many times, she got herself in trouble for that part of her personality, but that never stopped her.

“We can discuss the wedding on our way to your house. Let’s go. I’ll call my mom telling her to pick me up at nine.” Sinb let go of the girl’s hands and linked her arm with hers while taking her phone out of her coat.

An apologetic look was shown in Somi’s eyes. She took Sinb’s cellphone off her hand and put it back in the pocket. “I’m afraid we won’t be able to do that. I must go to a family dinner. I’m actually super late but I wanted to spend some time with you…” With a pout, she hoped the older girl wouldn’t get mad, but she knew she’d be anyway.

“Tsk… you should’ve told me that yesterday when I asked you! It’s not like this was just planned. I hate you.”

“Don’t be a kid… My dad just texted me about this minutes before we met here. Don’t be mad.”

“I’m not. I’m upset, I just wanted to share an afternoon with my best friend. But I understand.”

Furrowing her eyebrows, Sinb took a bit of distance from the girl. Despite being considered mature, she couldn’t help but act child-like whenever she didn’t get what she wanted. Her friend implied she had to leave, and against her will Sinb said goodbye after receiving a thousand kisses on the cheek.

The disappointment she experienced could be reflected on her face, Sinb was a very expressive and sensitive person so any situation like this would affect her no matter what. Either way, happiness surrounded her heart now that once again she had someone to rely on and to share moments with. Sometimes, the constant fights with one of her classmates, Yerin, and her useless clique would mess her up too much. And with Somi’s presence she was sure those days were over… or at least they wouldn’t be as rough as other times.

Sinb got so lost in her thoughts as she walked past by a lot of people in the hall, that she didn’t notice someone was following her. Minding her own business, she started getting sort of thirsty, so her goal for now was the bathroom, and then she’d be finally going home.

Just when the dark-haired girl stepped inside, she perceived someone behind her. Before she could turn around, this person took her by the arm, not in a soft way like she’d took Somi’s, and with a harsh move did the work for her, so now they were facing each other.

“W-what are you doing?” Sinb has never been afraid of Yerin until this very moment, when she was looking deep down in her eyes with a look she could define as… angry. It’s true, they can’t stand each other and have said many hurtful words to each other’s faces. But things have never gotten physical, and it was hard to believe it was about to happen now. Even though Yerin was annoying and rude, Sinb didn’t portrait her as someone who would actually beat up a person just because she didn’t like them. The grip on her arm was strong and the shorter girl whined softly out of pain. Apparently, the blonde noticed, so she held now both of Sinb’s wrists, with the same strong grip, while walking a few steps forward, which made the other girl walk backwards and eventually hit the bathroom wall.

She wasn’t going to fight back because it just wasn’t part of her. She didn’t want to get involved into a fight of this kind and then feel guilty for being impulsive. Sinb thought of herself as someone quite mature for her age, so this was a way of proving it to… herself, of course. She noted how Yerin let go of one of her wrists, she was quick to deduce that was the hand she was getting hurt with, and shut her eyes waiting for the rough contact of Yerin's hand against her face.

Her heart skipped a beat when her cheek got tenderly caressed, it turned pink right away, but she didn’t open her eyes due to the fear she couldn’t stop sensing. In seconds, she felt Yerin’s breath way too close for her liking, but before she could say anything a pair of sweet lips were on hers in a short-lasting kiss.

Sinb felt Yerin’s trembling lips, her girly smell was trapped inside her nose, and the burning feeling on her cheek wouldn’t vanish. It was a lot to take in, she couldn’t understand the circumstance and now her whole body was shivering. Yerin didn’t break the closeness even though the kiss ended, her reputation with the girl was over now. She knew she screwed up but at the moment she couldn’t care less, and as a last embarrassing action, she rested her forehead against the girl between the wall and her.

"Well, that escalated quickly." Sinb said. Brushing her lips lightly and unitentionally against Yerin's as she did so.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sooo, this was the first chapter. Pls let me know what you think, if there's something you don't like, anything. Also, I'm truly sorry if there are typos hehe. If this gets a good responde ofc I'll keep writing but if it doesn't I'll probably think of something new. Have a nice day!!!! :D