040

Never Ever

 

Junior Year, 20XX

 

 

 

“Wow, I’m actually worried for him.” Jaebum mused, Haena looked up from her textbook. They were all gathered at Rina’s condo unit on a Friday afternoon.

“Not for Rina?” Jinyoung mused as he chewed on his ramen.

Mark was smiling mischievously as Rina set down the makeup brushes in front of him.

“I swear to god, I really question why we’re friends.”

Jackson peeked by the door, Rina was grumbling as she placed her makeup on the bed, Mark sat down across her.

“Lighten up, R. You lost the bet.” Jackson teased, Rina narrowed her eyes at him.

“What if I die after this? Do you even know the emotional trauma this might cause?” She complained.

“Come now, R.” Mark pulled her by the wrist, Rina sighed and just sat across him, she tied her hair in loose ponytail.

Please put primer first. Primer. Primer. Primer.” She muttered as she closed her eyes, Mark smiled.

After that, what’s next?” He asked as he picked up the unfamiliar items on the desk.

Foundation, BB cream, you choose.”

“After?”

Then, the eyes, eyebrows~” She opened her eyes; Mark was still trying to understand what was written beneath the Tarte Setting Spray’s bottle.

She sighed and just took it from him.

“Isn’t this just..water? Plain water? Why do you~”

“You know what? I’ll just do the other thing.”

Mark looked up.

“But I want to try doing your makeup.”

“I don’t want to die, Mark.” She leapt down from the bed, Mark grinned as she got her phone. She browsed through her photos.

“Will this do?” She asked darkly as she handed her phone to him.

Mark looked at the screen; it was a photo of Rina and him taken during one of their classes. Mark was seated on his desk, reading his notes, while she leaned over him, her cheek playfully resting on his head while she stuck her tongue out at the camera.

“Does it really have to be Facebook? This will just~”

“Done. I just set it as your profile picture.” Mark said cheekily as he handed the phone back to her. He quickly rushed out of the room.

Rina looked at the screen and read the caption on top of the photo.

Me and my baby<3

Ya, Mark Yi En Tuan!” Rina hollered.

Mark chuckled as he hid behind Haena.

 

 

“Why would you bet on something like that?” Haena grew amused, Rina was chomping down on her ramen.

“I cannot believe you bet on Jackson’s exam results.” Jinyoung chortled.

“I am offended.” Jackson said dryly.

“If Jackson gets something lower than sixty percent, Mark wins. If he gets a higher score, then it’s in my favor. But Jackson just had to fail that exam.” Rina eyed Jackson warily.

“I can already hear the sound of our aunts typing in their comments on Facebook.” Haena laughed.

And the rumors that are going to start at school. How nice.”

Mark grinned and just continued eating his food.

“I don’t think it’s that bad, a lot of people are already assuming about you two.” Jaebum mused.

“I approve. If you guys decide to date, that would be perfect.” Haena nodded while chewing, Jinyoung chuckled and just brushed the bits of food from the side of her lips.

“Don’t play matchmaker, it doesn’t suit you.” Rina said flatly, the younger girl grinned.

“Who knows? Maybe we can make it work?” Mark nudged Rina playfully.

“Heol.” Rina blinked, he just grinned at her.

“I have to get to class in a bit.” Mark stated as he finished his bowl, Jackson and Jaebum nodded at him.

“I’ll see you guys later.” Mark kissed the side of her head before standing up.

“Bye!” Rina nodded without looking up from her plate. Mark picked up his backpack and left the unit.

Haena and Jackson grinned at each other.

 

 

“I don’t think it’s that.” Rina commented, she was browsing through their research paper as she and Jinyoung stepped out of the classroom.

“We have to revise this again.” Jinyoung scrunched his nose at her.

“I know.” She puffed her cheeks at him, Jinyoung took the folder from her, then he paused.

“Wae?” Rina asked, she followed her gaze.

“Isn’t that your cousin?” He spoke, Rina nodded.

Bona was standing before Mark, she was carrying a box of cupcakes with her.

“Are the elders really…persistent about this?” Jinyoung asked carefully.

“I think so. I guess so.” She shrugged as she looked at them, Jinyoung’s brows rose; he saw how Mark nodded politely as Bona spoke to him.

“And you’re okay with that?” He asked her.

“Of course.” Rina nodded and took out her phone.

Jinyoung sighed inwardly.

But she’s not the one he likes!

Rina put her phone back in her pocket, she glanced at Mark and Bona again.

“Look, I have to~”

“Irina!”

She paused, Mark was already making his way towards her, Rina saw Bona look at her briefly, the younger girl’s brows met briefly before she turned away.

“Hey, Tuan.” She smiled as Mark reached them.

“What was that?” Jinyoung asked.

“Bona wanted to grab lunch together, but I promised R that we drop by Apgujeong this afternoon.”

Rina blinked, her eyes went to Bona’s retreating figure briefly.

“You said you had to pick up that purse from Chanel, remember?”

“But, Mark~”

“You ready to go?” Mark asked as he took her backpack from her.

Jinyoung shook his head and bid goodbye to them before walking to his next class.

Mark, but Bona came here to see~”

 

 

“Let’s go, R. We need to avoid traffic.” Mark just pulled her to the steps; she just nodded and followed him.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

I double updated today <3