004

Never Ever

 

San Francisco, Present Time

 

 

Rina smiled and leaned back on the seat, letting the cool air blow her hair away.

“It’s always fun when you just suddenly pop out of nowhere.” Rina grinned, Mark smiled behind the wheel and shifted gears.

“How’s work?” Mark asked her.

“I know, time’s up.” Rina nodded at him, Mark’s dark sunglasses reflected her unusually messy look.

Yeah, I came to pick you up.” Mark chuckled before stretching one hand to her, Rina smiled and gently took it.

“It’s been two months, Mark.” She said to him.

“Yes, for two whole months we had everyone thinking we’re on our honeymoon.” He nodded as they finally reached the end of the Golden Gate Bridge.

But I like it here.

But I thought you had plans, baby.” Mark chuckled; she shook her head and took off her sunglasses.

“Actually, I have it.” Mark said seriously, she paused.

“The documents that you asked for, I already have it.” He explained.

“Then, it’s time to go home.” Rina nodded.

Going back to Seoul means we really have to become Mr. and Mrs. Tuan, R.

“I know, I’m prepared to act as if I’d take a bullet for you.” She chuckled, Mark snorted.

Good luck to you then.” Mark nodded.

 

 

“Are we having cheesy pork belly or something classy?” Rina asked from the kitchen, the Tuan couple were both in their rarely used Pacific Heights home.

Which do you prefer?” Mark asked as he appeared from the bedroom, his hair still damp from the warm shower he had just taken.

Cheesy pork.” She said sheepishly.

Then, let’s have that.” Mark nodded coolly before taking over the stove, Rina moved away and sat down on one of the stools.

“I already went through this.” She stated as she picked up the white folder before her.

“So, what do you plan?” Mark asked as he glanced at her briefly, he saw how her lips quirked up slightly.

Let’s do it.” She nodded.

Okay, I’ll ask director Ahn to call you the first thing in the morning. After taking over, do you want to name it to you? Or someone else?” Mark faced her.

“No, after we finally buy out LLG, I’m naming seventy five percent of the shares to you,”

“Rina~” Mark started to protest, but she shook her head at him.

Since halbae already divided it to the siblings, he wont be able to do anything. You can give me ten percent, and fifteen for my father.

Mark studied her expression quietly before nodding.

Mark, I’m naming most of it to you because they wont be able to approach you. You scare them. Bigger fish remember?” She asked playfully.

“Don’t worry, I’ll handle everything as soon as we’re home, I just need you to sign things.” She chuckled before walking towards him.

“Are you okay, R?” He asked before opening one arm to her, her brows met briefly.

I don’t think I’ll ever be.” She stated before hugging him.

Then, let’s hurry home then, it’s your time to cause damage.” Mark said quietly before kissing the side of her head.

 

 

“She’s always bragging about her grades are really better this semester, this and that, blah, blah.” Haena rattled on, Rina grinned in front of her iPad.

“Ya, you don’t really have to hate her. I’m the one who has an issue with Bona.” Rina replied, she was seated on the bed, her back against the headboard.

“Ugh, I hate her!” Haena hissed.

Mark looked up from the TV, Rina shrugged at him. He stood up and plopped down beside her.

“Oh, it’s short-tempered Ji Haena.” He mused.

“Are you guys really going home now?” She asked.

Buckle up, .” Rina mused.

“Yeah, how’s Seoul?”

“Wait, I thought you were in Seoul.” Rina paused and looked at him.

“Ani, I was in Hunan after Taiwan.”

Rina blinked at him.

“Heol is this how marriage works?” Haena snorted.

R, I called you last week.” Mark stated.

“Different time zones, sometimes when you call I kind off just nod and say yes so that you’d end it.”

Mark chuckled and mussed her hair before going back to the couch.

“So, what do you plan to do, unnie?”

“LLG first then Lee Cheonshik.”

Haena’s brows rose at the mention of the older girl’s youngest uncle.

“Bona?”

“I already gave her a low blow, I married her dream guy, remember?” She mused, Mark glanced at her.

“Don’t be too flattered, Tuan.” She deadpanned.

“It’s on.” Mark stated.

“What~” Her eyes landed on the screen.

“Hey, Haena, I’ll call you back okay? Tom and Jerry’s on. Bye, see you later. Love you.” She said before ending the call in a rush and dashing towards the couch.

Mark scooted over as the girl sat plopped down beside him.

“Finally.” She chuckled; Mark just pulled the blanket over her before leaning on her shoulder.

 

 

“Can you imagine it,” Rina started as their driver started to slow down.

“What?”

“If you ended up with Bona,” She mused and crossed one leg over the other, she was dressed in a pair of black joggers, an oversized shirt and a pair of Rick Owens sneakers.

“Then I wont have an angsty princess seated next to me in this car.” Mark mused.

“Technically, it’s gold digger princess.” She chuckled, Mark eyed her warily.

“Friends with benefits?” She added.

“Stop it.” Mark warned just as the car pulled to a full stop.

“But it’s not the kind of benefits people would assume, we~”

“R, drop it. I don’t like it when you talk like that.” Mark stated as they slid down the car, Rina made a face at him before carrying her Louis Vuitton backpack on one shoulder.

Rina grinned as she watched him speak to their two bodyguards; Mark was always a little sensitive when she poked fun at her reason of marrying him. Sometimes, he was so chill and understanding with everything that it drove her crazy.

Okay, okay, I’m sorry.” She said as she walked towards him and tugged on the sleeve of his gray hoodie, Mark threw her a small smile before facing his secretary.

The plane’s ready, sir. We leave in half an hour.” He stated, Mark nodded and took Rina’s hand as they walked together.

We’re flying private?” She asked.

Yeah. And,” Mark took out his phone and handed it to her.

“The documents are all ready, you just need to read it again when we land.” He stated as they were guided to a private lounge, Rina was already browsing on the PDF file on his phone.

“I love it, thanks.” She grinned at him.

“You like it better than the Hermes purse nai nai sent.” Mark mused.

I like that too, but this is better.” She shook her head. They reached the lounge; Mark let go of her hand.

“R, wait,” Mark called her, she faced him. Mark took out something from his jean pocket.

“Right.” She nodded as Mark slid the diamond ring down her finger.

Let’s not forget the wedding bands.” He mused before kissing the back of her hand, he made his way back to sofa and directed his gaze the newspaper before him.

Rina walked to the glass windows and looked at the sleek private jet across them, she exhaled softly.

“This is the start then.” She said quietly as she looked at the documents on Mark’s phone.

 

 

“I will destroy everything.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++