025

Never Ever

 

Sophomore Year 20XX

 

 

 

The black Audi convertible pulled over in front of the building, Mark eyed his schedule on his notebook before sliding down his car.

He made his way towards the marble steps, but then he halted when somebody just jumped on his back and yelled,

“Happy birthday, Mark Tuan!” Rina chuckled, Mark steadied himself while supporting her weight.

What if I lose my balance and we both fall?” He asked dryly, but Rina just grinned and ushered him to move.

“Thanks, R. For not having a heavy breakfast.” Mark teased.

“I promised myself I’ll deal with cranky Mark Tuan today, I know how you hate morning classes. And since it’s your birthday,” Rina stated as she slid down from his back.

“Please don’t tell me you cooked me something.”

“Are you crazy? I don’t want to burn down my building.” She slapped his arm, Mark chuckled and just wrapped one arm around her neck.

“Spill it, Irina. I know you want to say something.” Mark stated as they entered the building, she scrunched her nose.

“I may not be able to go to your party later. It’s not final yet, I just wanted to tell you that.”

Mark looked at her.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry!” She squeezed his arm, Mark chuckled.

“It’s fine, R. It was Jackson’s idea anyway. You can always buy me lunch the next day, or invite me at your place with your mom’s cooking.” Mark suggested.

Heol, he just downright insulted my cooking skills a few seconds earlier, why am I friends with this person?” She muttered, Mark just grinned and kissed the side of her head.

 

 

“You seem in a rush.” Taeyong commented as Rina browsed through his selection of movies.

“Yeah…no, not really. How about a chick flick?” She asked him.

“Why? Because they usually run shorter than other genres?” He mused.

Rina bit her lower lip and just sat down next to him.

“I actually have…You know what, you choose what to watch. You’re always better at this anyway.” She poked his thigh with her toe.

“Star Wars? Or The Ring?” Taeyong mused, Rina just nodded absentmindedly and took out her phone.

Taeyong sighed and just walked to the TV.

Rina dialed Haena’s number.

“Haena?”

Taeyong glanced at her.

“I know, I already told him I may not be able to make it…..Yes, Jackson’s talking behind my back, I had a feeling.” She smiled, the male’s brows met briefly.

“Mark already knows, I called him earlier. Arasso, see you tomorrow. Bye.”

Taeyong walked back to her and took the seat next to hers.

“What was that? Haena?”

“Yeah, today’s Mark’s birthday, he has a party and I’m supposed to be there, I feel guilty already. He hates social gatherings.” She chuckled, Taeyong didn’t reply and just hit play.

“Maybe if we finish early I can still catch them.”

“Yeah, sure.” Taeyong quipped.

 

 

“How is your Irina not here?” Jackson demanded, Jinyoung blinked.

“She already told me that she may not be able to come, Jackson.” Mark stated, they were at one of the Wang’s privately owned luxury yachts, enjoying food and some alcohol.

“But why?!”

“Isn’t today a Friday?” Haena asked as she reached them.

“Yeah.” Mark nodded and handed her a glass of juice instead of wine.

“Friday night is Taeyong movie night.” Haena stated.

“But this is party.” Jackson made a face.

“Taeyong’s the boyfriend, right?” Jinyoung clarified, Jaebum nodded.

Mark looked at his glass briefly.

“Of course, she never misses movie night with Taeyong. Why are you still asking that?” Haena shrugged, Jaebum sent her a look.

“What? It’s true. Even if I don’t like him, there’s nothing we can do about it. Unnie loves him.” She shuddered.

“Of course, Taeyong.” Mark nodded.

 

 

Mark leaned forward and took out his phone, Rina was calling. His lips quirked up slightly as he picked up.

What is it?

I feel guilty. How’s the party?

“Jackson invite a couple of people from our class, some of them I don’t even know.”

Rina laughed.

“You really can’t come?” He asked.

“Yeah. But I’ll buy you lunch tomorrow.”

Mark smiled and looked at his shoes.

“Taeyong couldn’t let you go just this once?” He asked.

“You know him, movie night is movie night.”

“Are you home now, R?”

“I’m on my way home, I just took a cab, didn’t feel like driving.”

Mark’s brows rose, he checked the time on his Rolex, it was already ten in the evening.

“He didn’t drive you?” He asked.

“It’s fine, after the movie..he just fell asleep.”

Mark’s brows furrowed.

“Can you text me when you arrived at your condo?”

“I’m already in front of the building. I’ll call you tomorrow?”

“I’ll pick you up tomorrow.” Mark said.

“Cool, happy birthday, pumpkin.”

“Thanks, princess. Good night.”

 

 

“Ya! You heartless human!” Jackson balked at her.

“What?” Haena blinked.

“Of course she’s heartless, they come from the same bloodline.” Jaaebum stated.

“What did I do?” She asked, Jinyoung who just grinned and pinched her cheek.

“You never noticed it?” Jackson asked.

“What?” Haena asked.

“Tuannie Tuan Tuan likes Irina.” Jackson pointed out.

Haena blinked and looked at Mark’s back briefly.

“Oppa has..unnie, he has feelings for her? The Mark Tuan has feelings?”

Jinyoung almost laughed.

“So tell Rina to break up with Taeyong and just choose Mark.” Jackson nodded.

“How about you tell her that?” Jaebum mused.

“But Wang oppa has a point,” Haena said as she looked at Mark.

 

“They suit each other better. Why can’t unnie see him instead?”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++