020

Never Ever

 

 

 

Rina closed the doors behind her and went to her desk. She sat down and leaned on the table.

“What should I do?” She murmured as she pressed her cheek against the against the cold glass top.

You always say you’re sorry, but you never seem to see the point in everything.

It’s not like that, I just don’t think it’s right.

Why do you have to be like this?

She touched her lips briefly, her forehead creased.

“I’m here to win you back, because the way I look at it,”

“You and Mark Tuan are just acting.”

“That’s not it. It’s not like that anymore.” She mumbled to herself. She sat up and looked at her computer.

She looked up when she heard the doors open.

“Samonim,” It was her bodyguard.

“It’s~”

“It’s your grandfather; he’s been rushed to the hospital.”

 

 

 

The Lees looked up as the elevators opened, Rina was walking behind her two guards, and worry was etched on her face as she reached them.

“What happened?” She asked as she approached her father.

“He was in and out the hospital a few days ago, he didn’t want to tell you,”

Rina’s brows furrowed.

“Then earlier, he was in his room when suddenly he collapsed. It was a .” He finished, Rina looked away.

“Why…Why didn’t you tell me?”

“He didn’t want us to. He knew you were busy and that you’re married now. He said we shouldn’t disturb you anymore.”

Rina glanced at her aunts and uncle, Lee Cheonshik had the guts to smirk at her.

“Aigoo, I guess you aren’t the perfect granddaughter after all.” Bona walked to her, Rina exhaled.

“I don’t have time for this.” She stated before facing her father again.

“Pa, can you call me once he~”

“Why not stay here and tell him everything that you’ve been doing, surely you can do us all the favor of sending him to his deathbed.” Bona continued.

“Bona!” Her mother rushed to her, Rina looked at the girl.

“Come here.” Rina spoke, her eyes had gone cold.

“Why? Do you want to take something from me again, greedy ?” Bona mused. Rina’s lips quirked up, her father panicked.

“Rina~”

Rina walked to her and let her right palm come contact with Bona’s cheek. The younger girl yelped and covered her now swollen cheek.

“Say that again. I’ll make sure you’ll never be able to open that mouth of yours.” She turned away, before she could go, Bona spoke again.

“Isn’t that what you’re doing? Taking the company he built? You’re basically taking his legacy away.”

“Ani, I’m taking his legacy away from scumbags like you.” Rina replied.

“How dare you do to this to family, Rina?” Her aunt spoke, Rina looked at her.

“Didn’t you do the same thing to me? So, how dare you,” Rina moved forward.

“How dare you ask me that, Mrs. Failed Marriage?”

Her aunt’s eyes widened.

“You’re all the same, one got married but is being held on a leash by her husband, you, aunt Mira, married a dictator, you don’t even have your own voice at your home.” She mused.

“How dare you~” Ahee moved towards her with an arm raised, but someone blocked her.

“If you lay a hand on samonim, things will get messy.” The tall male spoke and let go of Han Ahee’s arm.

Rina recognized the male, Mark’s head of security. She glanced behind her; Mark was standing by the elevators, his hands buried in his pockets.

“Rina, you should go.” Her father walked to her, she faced him.

“I’ll call you as soon as halbae gets out of surgery.” He assured her, Rina shook her head.

“Pa,”

She felt a hand on her back, Mark’s familiar warmth greeted her.

“We can wait downstairs.” He said quietly before steering her away from the group, their security stepped back and followed them.

 

 

Rina sat down; she buried her face on her palms.

“Watch over her.” She could hear Mark speaking to her bodyguards, and then she felt a coat drop on her shoulders.

“I’ll wait in the car.” Mark said simply as she looked up.

“Mark, no, wait.” She stood up and walked to him, he paused.

“I’m sorry about earlier. I really am. I just....didn’t..”

“I wanted you to have those because they are really yours. Those belong to you, R.” He said, she bit her lip.

Well, if you don’t want them named to you, I can just~”

“I’ll..take them back, I understand now. This thing is important to you, so I’ll take them back. I’ll call Joey first thing in the morning.” She nodded quickly, ignoring the tears rolling down her cheeks.

Mark frowned before cupping both of her cheeks.

“He’s going to be fine, Irina.” He said calmly.

“But, what Bona said~”

“It doesn’t matter. What she says doesn’t matter.” Mark shook his head before pulling her to his chest.

“He has to be okay, Mark. He has to be.” She murmured.

Mark just kissed the side of her head.

 

 

“How will you bring that down?”

Bona looked at her aunt. Rina’s father had left to make some calls, and Bona’s mother was so disappointed that she refused to speak to her.

“There’s no mystery girl, I checked. ” Cheonshik spoke.

“So, how will we~”

“Mystery girl?” A deep voice made them look up, Mark was standing before them. The elders were frozen in their seats; even Bona didn’t know what to do.

“I know everything. You’ve been plotting things against my wife.” Mark stated.

“Mark, it’s not like that~”

“I don’t care. I don’t listen to explanations very well.” He continued.

“But stop this, I know you’ve been sending people to do checks on me, and now you’re harassing my wife publicly.”

“What she’s doing~”

“It’s all my doing. Buying out LLG, at first it was just an impulse thing, you know.” His lips quirked up slightly.

“And then I saw the way you treated her and her parents, family don’t do that. That’s sick.” He continued.

“You’ve misunderstood, Mark, we were~”

 

 

“Like I said, I don’t care. Just don’t touch her, because if you do, things will get messy for all of you.” He said before turning away from them.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

I double updated today :>