001

Never Ever

 

 

“A few years ago, it was my first day as a college student here in Korea, I rushed to class in fear of being tardy,” The male spoke in front of the guests, he was aware of the eyes on him as well as the almost blinding spotlight.

“So, I just blindly ran into the room and randomly chose a seat,”

“And then I heard someone…speak beside me, complaining that all our textbooks were in Korean.”

The crowd laughed softly.

“Little did I know, I was already looking at my future wife.”

She didn’t really complain, you know.” Jackson snickered.

“Well, she…cursed.”

The crowd chuckled.

 

 

 

Freshman Year, 20XX

 

Rina looked up just a male plopped down beside her and dropped his books on the table.

Her brows rose briefly as she noticed how stressed out he looked, then her eyes went to the books.

“You managed to get all the required books?” She spoke, the male blinked and nodded.

“Mind if I look?” She asked, the guy simply handed her one of the thick textbooks.

She set it down and opened it, she balked.

“, it’s all in Korean.” She muttered in English, the male paused and turned to look at her.

“You can’t read Korean?” He blinked at her.

“Of course I can, I just figured since we’re in college now…I’m Rina, by the way.” She extended her palm to him.

The boy grinned and took her hand in his.

“Mark.”

 

 

“I still cannot believe this is happening.” The male said quietly, the lady beside him smiled.

“It’s okay to say that sometimes you can’t trust Rina unnie’s choices, but you gotta trust her anger. It leads her to things.”

“Like this grand wedding?” The male beside her nodded.

“They don’t know what kind of monster they just unleashed.” She added as she glanced at the table behind them where some of Rina’s aunts were seated.

“But, I don’t feel bad for them at all.”

“And, we can also thank Mark’s very relaxed approach to marriage.” He stated as he looked at the older male who was still speaking.

The girl grinned and squeezed his hand.

“He needed an escape, she needed his power. Unnie can provide him that escape, and Mark oppa has the power she needs.”

“You’re talking as if they’re chess pieces,” He chided.

“I’m just saying, it’s power play, and it will be very enjoying to watch when those Lees start to suffer.”

 

 

 

Sophomore Year, 20XX

 

“I don’t know, Tuan.” Rina stated as they stepped out of the lecture hall.

“Do I really want to be trapped in my grandfather’s company or be on my own in this scary world?” She stated.

“But you said you can’t deal with your uncle and aunts.” Mark stated as he gently steered her away from the group of students who were chatting loudly.

“Exactly, but I feel bad for abeoji…he’s been expecting me to come and help them.” Her brows met briefly.

“You know, R, the only thing that matters if you want to do it, and if you’re going to be happy doing it.” Mark said as they reached the elevator.

“Yeah, so how about we talk about what I heard from mom?”

“What?” Mark asked as he pressed the button.

“I heard you’re being arranged to meet up with my cousin. Bona was so happy when she called me last night.”

“Yeah, dad was pretty adamant about it, since I’m not making any move on you.” Mark chuckled.

“Blech.” She shuddered, Mark just gestured for her to get inside the elevator.

“Be nice to her, Tuan.”

“I am nice.”

“Stop lying to my face.”

“Awwe, but I never lie to you, R.” Mark chuckled and pinched her cheek.

“Don’t touch me, trust fund kid.” She hissed, he just grinned.

 

 

 

“That was nice, Tuan.” Rina grinned as Mark took his seat beside her, careful not to step on the train of her gown, she was careful not to be overheard by others.

“I tried to make you look nice, princess.” He teased and brushed the locks of her hair from her bare shoulder.

“Don’t start.” She quipped, he just smirked.

“Can you believe it? We’re actually doing this?” She asked quietly and looked at guests before them, Mark smiled and took her hand in his.

The ceremony was over an hour ago, R. It’s too late to be telling me that.” Mark pointed out.

Or are you feeling post-wedding jitters? Does that thing even exist?” Mark blinked.

She just smiled and looked at the diamond ring on her finger.

“So, when do we start?” Mark asked as he picked up his fork.

“Start what?” She asked as she picked up her glass of wine, Mark met her gaze and gave her a meaningful smile.

 

 

“Your revenge, beautiful wife.” Mark winked before kissing her cheek causing for the guests to gush over them.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++