Past, Future, and Present

E R A S E D
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mark looked up at his father a little confused. “I shall choose the army leader? Why father?”

 

Mark’s father chuckled at the fact that his son still didn’t understand the way royalty worked. It had already been a year since Mark’s mother passed away, and he hoped his son was ready to take his and his mother's place. “Mark, since you are now the queen you must choose the new army leader. They await your decision.” The old king didn’t have anymore right on Kingdom Hikari, so he hoped his son would be wise.

 

Mark looked down at the paper on the brown table in front of him and nodded. His eyes scanned the list of names of the army members. Mark’s finger just magically happened to land on a particular name, as if he was so sure. “Him,” said Mark determined. “I want him to be the next army leader.”

 

His father nodded at the decision, but was a little sceptical about the person Mark chose. Did the queen still have it in him? Was the pain of the forgotten still hidden inside Mark?

Jeno looked up at the past army leader appealed. “Me? Why does the queen want me to be the army leader of Hikari? I mean, I’m younger than most of the members.”

The old man before Jeno smiled, he took the paper that belonged to the queen and handed it to him. “We must never question the decision of those with higher status than us. They can be very wise sometimes.”

 

Jeno’s eyes met the paper to see that there was a pink envelope attached to it. He ripped off the envelope and examined it. “And what is this?”

 

The elder looked down at the envelope with the crown stamp. “I believe that is the answer to all your questions young man. Hurry up and read it,” he placed his hand on Jeno’s shoulder. “We need to get you into your new cloths and have you announce yourself as the new army leader of Hikari.”

 

The man then walked off as Jeno opened the pink envelope in his hand. “The other seniors are going to hate me when they find out.” Jeno knew he should have been happy, maybe he was. But he was more scared of how others were going to treat him now, and how he was going to run the army. Jeno had no experience in ruling anything, so he had no clue why the new queen chose him.

 

Jeno slowly read through the letter. No use though, it was just filled with all his new duties and responsibilities that Jeno was sure he couldn’t handle. Jeno sighed as his lips moved along the words, until he finally stopped. Re-reading the last few lines again and again.

 

You might be wondering why I chose you. Well, Lee Jeno, I believe that those who look the weakest are the strongest on the inside.  And if you don’t believe you can do it, then you’ll never be able to do it. So I hope with all trust that I have in you, you’ll believe. Jeno just believe in yourself once. Stop being so unsure and push the past behind.  

I know we were closer than this, but now, even with all this distance, I’ll always believe in you. My hope in you will never end Jeno.

I hope you can believe in yourself with these few words Jeno.

 

Jeno’s heart set to flame as he crumpled the paper in his hand. His eyes and voice weakened. “So, I see that you still haven’t forgotten.”
 

But wasn’t it Mark who first told him to forget it all? Throw away everything that existed between them. Jeno never knew one could be so selfish.

He grew older learning that we should never question those on a higher status than us. And it was funny how Mark tried to cover up his mistake. About how he had created a new world for Mark to enter, but suddenly, Mark told him to destroy that world.

 

Jeno knew Mark knew all of him; his past, his future, and his present. Mark knew he still perished because of the past and wanted the future so badly. To just forget everything that they once had.

 

But no, those memories were covered by piles and piles of snow. So no one would be able to dig deep into the cold ground and bring them back.

 

Those memories had already melted with the snow. But why was Mark trying to make Jeno remember it all? He didn’t want to be stuck in the past, but every time Jeno took a step in front, Mark grabbed his hand and pulled him back into his arms.

 

Was it possible now that Mark had gotten all that he wanted in life? He had the highest status in the kingdom, so was he possibly thinking of getting Jeno back? Even if he was, Jeno wouldn’t go back.

 

He had moved on. Well, he hoped to have moved on. But once again, Mark was pulling Jeno back to him with excuses.

 

And this time the excuse was making Jeno the army leader. Even Jeno knew that Mark had no hope in him. The queen only wanted Jeno to return now that they had the freewill to become one.

Haechan's eyes filled with curiosity as he watched the man a few miles away from him shoot the arrow again. He looked so emotionless, like he wasn’t killing an animal with every arrow he shot. The woods were barely covered with people anyways, only the army members, animals, and Haechan.

 

Haechan suddenly felt the urge to walk up to with man and talk to him. He had been watching him for the past few days, and everything inside of him wanted to know more about the man. He took a step forward but was held back by someone's arm.

 

“Haechan, we aren’t allowed to go that far. It’s against the rules to go into the woods.”

 

The noble turned around to his friend, Chenle, and frowned. “I’m j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter