01 - s i t u a t i o n

Trouble

01 

                                 s i t u a t i o n

 

There is nothing like a good day without waking  up in a nice, warm bed and inhaling the calming yet sweet scent of vanilla.  If only each and every day was as comforting as this morning - or so she thought. Since when did Younggi have a vanilla scent in her room? 

She springs up, sitting upright on the bed with wide eyes. This was not her room. No, it didn't even come close to her own room. Whose room is this and how did she get here? Her eyes glance to the figure under the blanket beside her. 

" Mother of - " she clasps shut before she could scream and wake the human sleeping nearby.  Taking this chance to observe the room, she realised that the curtains were closed and clothes were sprawled on the ground near the bed. Wait, clothes?

She looked down only to see her chest, bare and exposed. God damn, how did this even happen? Continuously cursing herself did not help her memory. This was a mess. Not just the state of her mind, the whole room was a mess too. 

First things first, she ought to cover herself up. It was either the blanket or yesterday's outfit that lay sprawled on the ground. Should she just wake the human beside her and ask for a spare change of clothes? No, what kind of girl that got herself into this mess be so calm to ask for that. 

She could only sigh to herself. She was that kind of girl. Younggi wanted to solve this mess without panicking and making things worse. Taking in a deep breath, she closed her eyes and concentrated on trying to remember what happened the night before. 

Right, she was at Hana's house warming party. Hana has been her best friend for a total of four years and counting. However, this was definitely not one of Hana's rooms. She was drinking with her and what happened after was a blank. Drinking... She definitely lost herself then. 

" Get a grip of yourself, it'll be difficult if anything happens to you because of me - " 

" - It's okay, I'm totally fine, see! " Younggi was smiling with her face flushed red. She was clinging onto someone's arm tightly. The voice wasn't all that familiar. What was his name... Mark? Hana once worked with him in an office building and met him there. She did continuously spout about how handsome he was back then. Looking at him now, he was ridiculously handsome, indeed.  

Still grinning at him, she hugged his arm without a warning. " Say, let's just get out of here and head home, alright? " This made the man widen his eyes in surprise. Shaking his head, he proceeded to walk towards Hana who was standing in the living room. " We're leaving. I'll send her home so text me her address. " He spoke as soon as he came to face her, not noticing the confused look written all over her face. 

Eyeing him from head to toe, she cautiously nodded. " Alright, then. I'm trusting you to bring my best friend home safely. "  And then her vision was black again. 

Younggi was frustrated. She couldn't remember anything else. If anything, she should've been home safely. Instead, she woke up in the bed of someone whom she barely knew. And through her own best friend at that!

 A low groan startles her, making her heart race in panic. Is he already waking up? She can't even remember what had actually happened but she's already thoroughly embarrassed. If he didn't send her home then did he purposely bring her home? Everything was fuzzy. Younggi turned to look at the man beside her, the blanket barely covering his lower body. She could feel her face heat up and turning red at the sight of that. 

She shifts her attention to his face and studied it carefully. Thankfully, he wasn't totally awake. His face was breathtaking despite the situation she was in. His jaw seemed like it was perfectly chiseled and complimented by the beautiful shape of his lips. Younggi didn't even notice she had started trailing her fingers along his jawline whilst deep in thought. At least, not until the man actually started to wake up. 

She snatched her fingers back, widening her eyes at her own actions. Gripping onto the blanket tightly as it wrapped around her body, she simply stared at Mark. His eyes gradually opened to the sight of Younggi sitting beside him. It took him a moment to process the current situation. He jolts up from the bed, his expression mirroring the other. For a while, the two stared at each other in silence. It seemed like neither of the two knew how to comprehend what was happening this morning. 

To Younggi's surprise, he greeted her. " Good morning. " He wasn't panicking nor did he look like he was going to avoid the question that was coming. " Good morning. " She replies, almost hesitantly. 

" So, how did this happen? " 

And he knew she was going to ask that. He didn't expect her to ask so calmly, though. " Well - "

Mark stops, seemingly uncertain. " You see.. How much do you remember? " Younggi raises a brow at him. Why did he want to know that? " Up until you told my best friend you were sending me home. " 

He sighs. Nodding as if he knew the reason and cause of something, he bitterly laughs. " You were a totally different person drunk. And you out then because that was probably the last thing you remember before fainting and waking up in my car. " His tone was gradually dropping as he spoke. He then added, " As someone else. " 

Once again, Younggi widened her eyes, in shock this time. " You- You mean - " 

" - Yes, I mean you totally changed and started being all touchy. " Younggi gasps, turning to look away. Even so, she was supposed to be brought home. In a somewhat amused tone, he continues. " Oh, and your best friend seemed to forget all about the address. " 

Younggi gasped even louder. Hana?! How could she forget about her own best friend's safety? She couldn't decide if she should be angry at herself for losing control while being drunk or because her best friend forgot about her. It made her wonder if Hana did this on purpose. " S-So.. how did we end up..? " She didn't want to know, but she still had to. 

Mark looks away. His face was stressed. " You.. I.. " He was at a loss for words. 

Younggi was being piggybacked by Mark all the way to his car. He was wondering why he even bothered taking care of her. He should've just let her stay at her best friend's house. Too late to back out now. Swiftly digging the car keys out from his pocket, he unlocked the doors and carefully placed her in the front seat. Is the front seat safe enough? 

As he sat in the driver's seat, he sighed. When was her best friend going to text him the address of her house? Forget it, it's going to take her ages. he'll just drive home. Thankfully, the journey home was quiet. For a while, at least. The girl was starting to groan and wake up. It'd be difficult if she was still drunk. 

Tough luck, he thought. 

" Hey, are we heading home, now? " she was speaking groggily. " Yes. " he answered curtly. He really didn't want anything to happen. Unfortunately, she was feeling him as soon as he thought of that. "  Don't. I'm driving. " Mark was trying to push her away. How did a girl go from friendly and outgoing to this?  " Aww, don't be shy. You're so good looking, no wonder Hana couldn't stop talking about you back then! " 

What is she - Hana did that? Mark shook his head. Thankfully, a few minutes later they had arrived at his apartment. His father being a businessman and Mark himself, too, he was pretty wealthy and owned an apartment. Thank god he was living alone.  

After a long way with Younggi forcibly being carried on his back, he finally put the girl down on his bed. Just as Mark stood up to take a shower, he was stopped by a hand tugging on the hem of his shirt. " What is it? " He turns to look at the girl, face still flushed red. 

" Don't leave me alone. Bring me along with you.. " His eyes widened in surprise at her sudden change. Feeling bad, he sat beside her. " Alright. Go sleep. " In a second, the look on her face changed. 

" No. " 

" Why won't you - " 

" - Ah, it's so hot here. Don't you have an air conditioner or something? " She was starting to take her clothes off one by one, much to Mark's shock.

This was bad. He didn't know what to do in a situation like this. " Don't you have to go home? Your parents must be worried. " He quickly tries to avert her attention, but to no avail. " Nah, I texted them ages ago that I'll be staying over at Hana's. " she had a smirk on her face as she held the phone out to him. 

Mark was at a loss. It was sent around the time they left the party. This girl is almost impossible to handle whilst drunk. He really shouldn't have taken care of her. Without noticing, she already had her hands wrapped around him. " Now, now, don't be disheartened. Let's just enjoy the night while it's still young! "  

" No. You should take a rest. "  He was going to lose control of himself if she did anything else worse than that. Once again, she held her phone out to him. " Don't be like that. Want me to tell my best friend you're not treating me right? Or even.. " 

" Help! Someone, help - " She started to yell at the top of her voice, only to have Mark's hands clasped over . This girl was really shortening his life span. He's definitely going to get in trouble.  " What do you want? " 

Her lips slowly curved upwards. " You know it, don't you? " And in a split moment, her lips captured his in surprise. That was it. This was a mess. He's in trouble

 

Younggi was sitting there on the bed, expression blank. " I.. I did it? I started it? " Her voice was one of disbelief. " I didn't think you were such a girl. Never knew being drunk could change a person like that. " Mark says. 

" So, what do you want to do, now? " He sighs. She was speechless at her own actions. Did she really act like that? She was never going to drink again. Putting her immense regret aside, she was panicking. What if she had to start feeding two? And it was all because of her actions. 

As if he heard her thoughts, he spoke. " It was my fault, too. I shouldn't have brought you home in the first place. I'll take responsibility financially if that ever happens. " Younggi felt a little hurt when he said 'financially'. And she knew what he meant by that. In the meantime, while waiting if that ever happens, what will happen now? 

" What happens while waiting? What am I going to do? " Younggi really couldn't think of anything else at the moment. She was just lost. For one, she was in the last year of college. That's just bad. Who in their right mind would do this at this time? She continuously sighed, unable to think of a proper way to handle the situation. 

It was quiet for a while. A few minutes passed by in silence and finally, one of them made a plan. As if coming to a conclusion, Mark turned to look at her straight in the eye. 

 

" For now, "

" Let's get married. "