The Sacrifce

Little Sacrifice (SEULMIN)

         Everyone is obviously nervous and worried despite of pretending not to be and being a busy bee all over the place but more than anyone, Jimin is losing his sense already. Today is April 1 and it’s the same concert date that those who threaten him had written about. Of course their company and the organizers have doubled the security and made extra on every inch of safety precautions after the news broke but no one can blame anyone for still being a nervewreck. Jimin lost count of his hard gulps and deep sighs as the cheers of the fans gets louder. The concert is about to star but one voice suddenly echoed in his head and he instantly felt empty realizing that her “I’m sorry” could be the last words he’d heard from her angelic tone. He needs his focus to be where it should be but his pessimistic side just won’t lose it.

 

            He managed to nervously smile and perform well, despite of being so anxious on his surroundings. He made a lot of mistakes in the choreos and lost breath on some songs because of his paranoia but the concert is halfway done and nothing bad is seen yet. He slowly managed to loosen up and enjoy the concert and somehow gets comfortable.

 

But not for long.

 

Not until his solo stage is next on line and the murmurs on the other side of the backstage is getting crazier. The maknae ended his stage and Jimin positioned himself when the lights are all out and waited for his song to start. He danced fluidly and gracefully, sang with his eyes closed and letting himself lose on the music. If I’d die today, at least I’d die performing great. With this thought, tears streamed down his eyes and nearby fans saw it. Some started chanting “don’t cry” and soon the whole arena is cheering him up. Just a little bit more. The song is nearing its end. He softly sang the last chorus and just right before he finished, a certain area on the left side of the stage screamed differently from a cheer; even Jimin got distracted and thought it was time for the threats to take place. His brothers- the six members rushed towards him with some staff and security personnel to take him out and protect him like they’re all members of the Alpha team. But they too got surprised to what the fans were screaming about.

 

            It was because of the presence of another top kpop idol in that certain area. But not like any other’s appearance on a concert, the idol was not in heavy disguise other than her black cap that barely hides her identity. And she’s also not like the typical idols that are merely watching and supporting them and trying to hide from fans to avoid interaction. She’s directly interacting with a “fan”! A “fan” that is now gripped on all her limbs by the many other fans beside her to stopped her from moving. A “fan” that had dropped five pieces of long syringes in front of her who’s now facing the other kpop idol that managed to stop her from whatever she was planning to do with the syringes. Usually, a concert floor is packed and no one can freely move but that left area near the stage miraculously had a small pit formed. The mob of fans locking one girl while the kpop idol was looking at her intently right infront of her face.

 

“You really got that ing confidence to be here huh. Did you really think no one will be able to stop you on this sea of ARMY’s?” the kpop idol asked the one being held by the fans who’s struggling for freedom.

 

Just right then, the securities and concert organizers interfere and took the crazy girl away in fear of a stampede for even the fans from other areas are starting to cause ruckus to get a glimpse of what’s happening.

 

“IT’S KANG SEULGI OF RED VELVET!”

 

Someone from somewhere shouted that and soon whispers turn to screams. Only then that the kpop idol in the audience seemed to woke up from her bravery trance and remembered who she is and where she is at. But before she even get to panic about the consequence of her impulsive actions, a strong hand gripped on her shoulder to turn her around and soon her feet was no longer touching the ground.

 

            The familiar sweet and strong scent and the warm, firm hold wrapped her senses so even without clearly seeing who the person carrying her, she already knows. And she already felt home.

 

 

“RV’s KANG SEULGI STOPPED BTS’ JIMIN’s DEATH THREAT”

“THIS RED VELVET MEMBER SAVE THE LIFE OF THIS BTS MEMBER”

“RV’s KANG SEULGI and BTS’ PARK JIMIN: RELATIONSHIP CONFIRMED IN RECENT CONCERT”

“SEULGI APPEARED IN BTS’ CONCERT”

“PARK JIMIN CARRIED SEULGI IN CALIFORNIA CONCERT”

 

 

These and more could be the possible headline of what could be kpop’s most controversial loveteam. Yet none of this really matter to anyone at the moment. Not to anyone in BTS, in the staff of BigHit, in Red Velvet at their dorms and even not to anyone in SMEnt. News fades. Words can cover up words and soon will be out of the spotlight. Issues will die. These kinds of things can be managed and taken care off with the power they have. But a life lost can’t be return. So a sacrifice to a little privacy is so much better than a sacrificing the life of the one you love, right?

 

 

 

“Are you okay?” Jimin and Seulgi whispered in unison as they are basically tangled up with each other in the corner of the van. No one is planning on letting the other go. They are the source of strength to each other after that bone-weakening event. She snuggled closer to his heart and he tightened his embrace.

 

“I love you Park Jimin, so don’t you ing die.” She whispered as sobs uncontrollably escaped her.

“I love you Kang Seulgi. So ing much. I'm never gonna let you leave me again baby." He mumbled as he kiss her crown and wipe the tears on her ever fluffy cheeks.

 

Right now, they'll forget about being one of the top idols of their generation. They'll forget about the scandal that's probably have started by now. They'll forget being Red Velvet and BTS Members. They'll forget the whole universe for now and only cherished each other's warmth lingering on their own.

 

 

 

- fin