fin.

Bookstores and Lollipops

"Did I make you wait?" 

Taeri looked up to meet another pair of brown eyes. A small smile graced her lips and her heart started thumping a tad bit faster.

"I just came actually. Where to?" She asked as she held the door open for her older ... friend.

Minhee bit her bottom lip as her gaze fell to the ground. "There's actually a bookstore that's just a few blocks down that's selling this novel I really want," 

Her eyes met Taeri's for a split second before looking back down. "And then we can go wherever you want, if you don't mind. Sorry for dragging you into this, I just wanted someone to come with me." 

"It's fine! I needed to get some fresh air myself. Let's get going." Taeri said with a wide smile to calm the older down a bit.

The two stepped out of Minhee's building and started making their way to the bookstore. 

A comfortable silence surrounded them. Minhee's hands by her side; slightly swinging, and Taeri's tucked comfortably in the pockets of her joggers. The slight cold breeze made Minhee rub her hands together. 

As if someone else was taking over, Taeri laced her fingers with Minhee's as her thumb rubbed the back of her hand. 

"Cold?"

Minhee's lips curl; she looked like a cat that was plotting on doing something mischievous,

"Yeah. But this," Minhee held up their hands, that fit together quite nicely- like two missing puzzle pieces. "This helps."

Maybe it was because of the cold weather or because of Minhee's little comment, but both of their cheeks had a light shade of pink.

Their trip to the bookstore stayed that way. Their hands still clasped together, catching up on some things- like they're schedules, next project, and any future plans. Once in a while, Minhee would swing their hands back and forth when they would wait for the signal light to turn green. As for Taeri, their slight height difference helped her lean on Minhee's shoulder. It would be a lie if the young actress's said that her heart wasn't beating so loudly. She could've sworn that the old lady beside them could heart it.

The pair finally found the bookstore. The smell of paper and coffee was evident in the room. Taeri could see why Minhee liked this place so much. There were shelves filled with books of different genres, and a quiet little room downstairs for you to read the books.

Minhee went inside a random section; the novel section, and started looking for her book. Running her hands through the spines of the book, looking at the covers, and reading no more than a couple of pages, before putting them back in their respectable place. 

While Minhee was focused on the books, Taeri was more focused on something, or someone, else. Her hand never left Minhee's, and she couldn't help but stare at the older's face. It has been a while since the two has last seen each other, the last time being the movie both actresses' starred in. The Handmaiden. A movie that still makes the young woman blush and squirm, and remember the little things that happened behind the scenes.

When Taeri looked up, Minhee was engrossed with a book in hand. Her eyebrows were furrowed as her eyes scanned the words on each page.

Her free hand took a random book in front of her and her own eyes scanned the book in her hand (other than Minhee). She nodded as she read the summary on the back of the book and started reading it. 

The taller of the two felt the grip on her left hand loosen, so she glanced to her left and she wished she never did. Well, she was glad she did because right beside her was the cutest thing she had ever seen all day. 

Taeri was pouting as she read the book, a habit that Minhee noticed when the two would rehearse their scripts. Minhee was used to it, but she doesn't know why it's suddenly affecting her this much. Maybe its the fact that Taeri is barefaced right now; which makes her more breathtaking (in her opinion) because it gives her this innocent look that makes her want to just drop everything and cuddle with her. Her smile, oh, her smile that makes her nose scrunch up, her eyes would turn into little crescent moons, and it would make her knees go weak and hard to breathe almost.

"Is it good?" Minhee asked as she closed the book and continued to look for more books. 

"Y-yeah, it is." Taeri replied, her eyes never leaving the book as Minhee pulled her along the section.

"Want me to buy it for you?" 

This time, Taeri looked up. Her expression was so adorable, she looked like a little puppy. 

"N-no, no. It's fine. I don't think I'll even have the time to finish-"

"You're alredy 50 pages in the book, Taeri-ah. Let me buy it for you, please? Take it as a thank you for coming with me." She said letting go of Taeri's hand.

There was a small frown on her lips when her right hand suddenly felt so empty.

She suddenly can't look at Minhee in the eye as the two stood there in silence. And it was killing Taeri.

"I-I guess. I'll pay you back-"

... 

Taeri touched her lips as she stared at Minhee in disbelief. 

Grape.

"Just buy me lollipops and we're good." Minhee said as she winked and turned her attention back to the rows of books. 

Taeri's face turned into a bright shade of red, as she covered her face. She can feel her face heat up when the grape flavour was still lingering in her taste buds.

 

A/N: if yall don't get the lollipop reference ;))) watch the movie. I APOLOGISE FOR ANY MISTAKES I DID THIS VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING BC I FELT SO SOFT AKDJFKFK