Oneshot

High-school confessions

“Kim Namjoon!” The tall male turned around to see an angry (pretty faced) boy stomping towards him.  He stood infront of him with a huff. “How many times do I have to tell you? Keep yourself and your gang out of the student council room! You people are trouble. Now look what you have done!” He pointed towards his desk with scattered papers everywhere and a broken pair of glasses. “Excuse me? Are you even listening to me?”

 

Namjoon shook his head and snapped out of his trance. He was staring at the (pretty) boy’s face all the time. Kim Seokjin, the student council president, the most intelligent (and the prettiest) boy of school, and Namjoon’s crush, was currently mad at him.

 

“You’re not paying attention!” The student council president huffed. “Why did you break my glasses?”

 

“I- huh… You left them in class. So I thought I’d hand them to you here. But…” He gave an apologetic smile and scratched the back of his head. “I accidently broke it.”

 

He shorter male sighed.  “And the papers?”

“Another accident.” Suga, the male standing beside Namjoon rolled his eyes. “Look pretty president my fellow is has a-hmfff” Namjoon covered his mouth and grinned.

 

“Don’t listen to him! He didn’t have enough sleep.”

 

“He’s never had enough sleep.” Jungkook, the magnae of Namjoon’s gang snorted.

 

“Back to the point.” Jimin, Seokjin’s assistant walked towards him and stood by his side. “Those papers were important. I spent two hours in sorting them out. You ruined them.”

 

“Well I suppose you can do that-“

 

“I’m sorry.”  Namjoon cut Suga off and bowed slightly. “I should’ve been careful.”

 

There was silence.

 

“I-I suppose its alright. But please… Try to be more careful next time. You know every time you try to do something it ends up giving me a headache.” Seokjin massaged his temples and gave Namjoon a little smile. “Thanks for bringing me those glasses.”

 

“Are you mocking?” Suga raised an eyebrow.

 

“No, I mean it. Even if they’re broke.” He looked towards his glasses. “But you didn’t mean any harm.” He have Namjoon a (cute) smile.

 

Namjoon felt his face heat up a bit. He nodded furiously before awkwardly walking outside. Jungkook winked towards Jimin before following his hyung making a flushed Jimin to hide his face behind the file he was holding. Suga just yawned and followed the two of his friends.

 

.

 

 

“Pretty smooth hyung.” Jungkook snorted. “You had the perfect chance. But no! You just had to run away like a girl.”
“I can’t help it ok? He was smiling so sweetly at me. I just- Aish!”
“What about you though Kookie. Why you flirtin’ with the president’s assistant?” Suga spoke from where he was laying on the floor with his arms folded under his head, his eyes closed.
“He’s cute I guess.”  Jungkook leaned again the wall behind him. The three of them were on the rooftop, enjoying the refreshing breeze.
“What am I going to do!?” Namjoon hid his face in his hands and whined. “Everything I do gives him a headache. I’ll never be able to ask him out.”
“He didn’t mean it like that hyung.” Jungkook put his hand on Namjoon’s shoulder. “You’re just clumsy.”
“I don’t know.”
“Suga hyung. Don’t you have any advice you give?”
“I ain’t got any experience.”
.
“Class please welcome our two transfer students.”  The teacher announced gingerly. “Please introduce yourselves.”
“Hyung.” Jungkook elbowed Suga slightly who woke up from his nap.
“What?” He groaned.
“Isn’t that guy good looking? He said his name is Taehyung.”
“I don’t care. Let me sleep.” Suga closed his eyes again, burying his face in his folded arms more.
“I think I like him.”

“You like everyone.” Suga yawned. “You playboy.”

 

“Hello everyone! I’m Jung Hoseok.”

 

Suga’s quickly lifted his face making Namjoon and Jungkook to look at him with a frown. His eyes widened when he saw who was talking and his quickly lowered his face, trying to hide it. “When is the class going to end?” 
“It just started.” Namjoon spoke. “Why are you hiding?”
“I’m not hiding. I’m sleeping.”

“Sure you are.”

 

.

 

 

“Yoongi?”
Suga lifted his face from the book and looked towards the owner of the voice.
“Min Yoongi. Is that you? Its you isn’t it!” The said boy walked towards the grumpy male and smiled widely. “It is you! I’d recognize that grumpy face anywhere.”
“Umm… You know each other?” Namjoon spoke.
“Oh I’m sorry. Let me introduce myself. I’m Jung Hoseok the new transfer student.” He offered Namjoon a handshake. “And yes me and Yoongi-“
“Were friends…” Suga quickly spoke up. “We were friends.”
“Childhood friends and-“
“Why are you here?” Suga narrowed his eyes.
“Appa moved in here. I had to switch schools. Didn’t know you were here.”
“Well, you never cared.”
“You know I did.”
“ Yeah but leavin-“ Suga stopped talking and focused on his book.  “Leave will you. I don’t have time for digging old graves. I have a test tomorrow.”
“Alright then.” Hoseok gave a smile. “See you around Yoongi.”
“And don’t call me Yoongi. I’m Suga.”
“Sure Yoongi. Bye guys!” And with that he went away.
“What was that all about?” Namjoon scratched his head.
“No experience huh?” Jungkook smirked.

“Shut up! We were friends.”

 

 

.

 

 

“Oh my God! Isn’t he handsome!?” The two girls squealed as they peeked into the classroom. Jungkook was just passing by but then maybe he was a little bit interested in the gossip. He peeked inside to know who the person is, the girls are fangirling over. His eyes turned wide when he saw him. Kim Taehyung. He remembered the name from the morning. He was sitting on his chair reading a book, all alone in the class, like he was straight of a manga.
“Jungkook oppa. What are you doing?” One of the girls noticed the boy.
“Why are you calling me oppa? I don’t recall being older than you.”
The girl pouted  and dragged her  friend away. Jungkook peeked into the classroom again and saw the male was gone. “Hey.” Jungkook jumped slightly and turned around and was met by that breathtaking face. “H-hi.” why am I stuttering!?
“I’m Taehyung.”
“I know.”
“You know?”
Jungkook coughed “Y-yeah. I mean, saw you in class this morning.”
“I’m Jungkook.”
“I know.”
“Huh?”
“I asked Seokjin hyung.”
“Huh?”
“I like you. Go out with me.”
“W-what!?”  Jungkook’s eyes were as wide and his mouth hung open.
“What is it called? Love at first sight? Ah yes. I think I’m in love with you. Will you go out with me?”
“I-uh…I”
“Its alright if you-“
“Yes.” Jungkook quickly spoke. He didn’t know what was going on but he knew he that the rapid pounding in his chest was telling him to say yes.
“Great.” Taehyung smiled , grabbed Jungkook’s hand. “Lets go on a date. I know this café. It has amazing coffee.”
“B-but-“

“There isn’t any class. I confirmed it with Seokjin hyung.” Taehyung smiled and dragged Jungkook away.

Unaware to them a small body was lingering near the halls. Jimin felt a little heart broken. He may have a little crush on the rebellious magnae but now it all ended. Taehyung would often linger in the student council room asking Seokjin about God knows what.  Jimin sighed as he continued to walk towards their classroom, he’s gonna spend all his time in studying today.

 

 

.

 

 

“Why are you avoiding me?”

 

“I’m not avoiding you.”

 

“Then why aren’t you looking at me?”

 

“I’m busy reading this book.”

 

“You’re holding it upside down.”

 

Suga blushed a little and closed the book, glaring at the person infront of him.

 

“What do you want?”

 

“You.”

 

“Shut up!”  Suga landed his fists on the table with a loud thud and hissed. “You don’t have any right to say that.”

 

“Oh but I do.” Hoseok folded his arms on the table and leaned forward and smirked. “Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok… forever together. Through happiness and sorrow.  To love and to cherish. Sounds familiar?”

 

“We were kids back then!”

 

“It would’ve been a child’s play to you. But not for me. I had given my heart to someone on that day and until now it’s still his.”

 

Suga averted his gaze and spoke with a small voice. “Then why did you leave? You know how hurt I was? How betrayed I felt.”

 

“My parents were having issues. I had to move away with umma.  But then they found their separate ways. Now I’m with appa. Though I go visit her sometimes.” Hoseok sighed. “But I missed you the most.”

 

“What? Why didn’t you tell me?” Suga looked at Hoseok with worry in his eyes. “How did it all happen? They were happy together.”

 

“I guess they weren’t meant to be.” Hoseok shrugged. “It all happened so sudden that I didn’t get a chance to tell you. I was puzzled and lost and…” He held Suga’s hand. “I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. I tried to contact you but your family had moved to Seoul. Then when I moved here. I saw you. I couldn’t believe my eyes though. I was scared to talk to you again. But I knew I had to make things right.”

 

“I’m sorry. I should’ve noticed. What friend am I if I didn’t even know that you were facing hardtimes.”

 

“Hey, you don’t need to apologize.” He squeezed Suga’s hand a bit. “But everything’s fine now. Now that I have you.”

 

Suga blushed a little and spoke. “But I’m still angry with you.”

 

“I’ll make it up to you. Wanna go have coffee?”
.

Namjoon put his phone back in his pocket after trying to call both of his friends but no one answered.  Jungkook had texted him about going to the café with that new student, Taehyung. He knew his dongsaeng had a little crush on the transfer student but it had only been a week since he had arrived and they’re going on a date? Namjoon had been chasing after Seokjin since the first day and still got nowhere. Suga told him that he and Hoseok were going to grab coffee. They made up huh? He sighed and decided to head back home. He didn’t have any class after this. He went to his classroom to grab his bag but stopped when he was someone sleeping on one of the chairs, head resting on the table above his folded arms. He slowly approached the sleeping figure and smiled. He looks so cute Namjoon thought to himself. He slowly walked towards his chair, trying not to make a single sound and grabbed his bag. He walked forward not knowing that the zip was open and his books fell down with a thud. He winced and looked at the student council president who was still sleeping  soundly. Namjoon sighed as he knelt down to pick the books up, he picked up the first book but as he was about to pick up the second one when he saw another hand picking up the book and handing it to him. Namjoon slowly raised his head to look into a pair of beautiful eyes, he blinked a few times.

 

“You’re the clumsiest person I’ve ever seen you know that?”

 

“I-I’m sorry I woke you up.”

 

“Its alright. I was gonna get up after a few minutes anyway.” Seokjin smiled and handed the book to Namjoon, their hands brushed when Namjoon took it, he felt his heart beat increasing.

 

“You..you’re gonna go home…after this?”

 

“We don’t have any class so there isn’t much to do.” Seokjin shrugged. “Why do you ask?”

 

“I…ummm…” Namjoon swallowed. Why was it so hard. He just had to say a few words. But then he was afraid of something… rejection.

 

“Namjoon… Is something the matter?”

 

“I… actually…” Namjoon took a deep breathe. “Would you like to go out somewhere?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I mean-I wanted to say that.. I mean-“

 

“Sure.” The student council president gave a little smile. “I’d like that.”

 

“You would?”

 

“You’re asking me out on a date, aren’t you?”

Seokjin asked and Namjoon nodded.

“I don’t see a reason to say no.” Seokjin blushed. “And I secretly wanted you to ask me. So…”

 

“You what!? But I thought you hated me.”

 

“No! I never hated you. “

 

“But you always thought I was trouble and I gave you a headache-“ Namjoon was cut off when he felt a pair of lips on his own. His eyes were wide.

 

“I like you alright!?” He averted his eyes and collected Namjoon’s book and gave them to him.
“You… like me?” Namjoon asked in a daze.
“I’m not saying it again.”
“I like you too.” Namjoon smiled. “Will you go out with me?”
“Took you long enough.”
“Can I… Can I kiss you?”

Seokjin blushed but closed his eyes as a yes and Namjoon leaned in and pressed his lips lightly on the other’s. With their heart’s beating faster than before they shared their first proper kiss.

 

“Woah!”

 

They both quickly broke apart and they heard a whistle.
“Great progress.” Jungkook smirked and clapped his hands. “Why are you both on your knees? Shouldn’t it be only one of you-“
“Jeon Jungkook!” Namjoon shouted and Seokjin hid his face in his hands. “It was just a little kiss!”

“I don’t mind hyung if you two were doing… you know what here. I’m happy for you. Now would you excuse me.” He went to grab his bag from the backseat. “I’ll be going home. You carry on with Seokjin hyung. See ya.” And with that the magnae ran outside joining Taehyung who was just standing grinning in the door.

 

“I’m sorry, he can be a brat sometimes.”
“Why did you say it was just a little kiss. I felt your tongue.” Seokjin glared at Namjoon.
“Wha-“ Namjoon gasped. “No I didn’t! I swear I- Wait. Do you want me to… You know.”
Seokjin’s eye’s widened. “I-I-I d-didn’t say anything like that.” He quickly shook his head, his face red as a tomato.
“I’m just joking. God you’re so cute.” Namjoon laughed.
“I’m not cute!” Seokjin huffed.
“Alright alright I’m sorry. I know this café it has amazing coffee. Wanna go?”
Seokjin smiled and nodded.
.
“Did you hear about it? The student council president and the troublemaker leader Namjoon are dating!”
“OMG really!? But How!? They both are so different.”
“But you got to admit they look good together.”
“You got that right.”
The school was filled with rumours about the student council president and the gang leader. But none of them cared.
“I’ll be waiting for you outside Jin.” Namjoon winked as he went out of the class.
“Sure Joon.” Seokjin smiled in return.
“Eww.. Isn’t it gross. I feel like puking.” Jungkook made a gagging face.

“You’re the Jin to my Joon… Yep forget about romeo and Juliet.” Suga nodded.

 

“Jungkook-ah!” Jungkook turned around to see a happy looking Taehyung waving towards him.

“Uh… I gotta go.” Jungkook packed his stuff avoiding a smirking Suga as he rushed outside.

Suga felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and took it out.

‘Its weekend. Wanna come over?’

Suga smiled and smiled with a ‘get lost’ only to get a phone call immediately.
“What do you want?”
“You.”
“Oh please!” Suga snorted.  “You better be on my doorstep at 8 then…. Yeah…ok…No! I am not saying it… No! Nu-uh… The fu- What do you mean by language? Are you my mom. What do you mean by husband!? Shut up!” Suga quickly hung up with a blush creeping across his cheeks. “I didn’t know he’d grow up to be a ert… a cheesy ert to be exact.”
“And you love this cheesy ert.”

“As if…”