Memories

The One Moment

Joohyun's POV

" Number 21 up next  " Breath in and out, You can do this Joohyun. All they want is someone who can sing.

"So it says here on your application that you are 16 and wish to be a singer. You like clementines but hate oranges and your hardest moment was when your grandpa passes away, am I correct?" the judge said.

"Yes" I replied. I lied. And it would be the first of many.

Flashback

"what did you say?!" yelled my father. His face was starting to turn different shades of purple.

"I want to become a singer! Please, daddy just listen to me once" I pleaded.

That's when he snapped. While grabbing the nearest thing next to him he flung it to the wall. Mom rushed in and grabbed him. She pleaded him to hear me out. It was no use by then, he yelled at me for another five minutes but then slowly became silent.

"Joohyun" he slowly said, " there was once a time when I wanted to be singer. I auditioned many times but got dropped. But I know that you have my fighting spirit and you won't back down. I won't accept that though. Make a choice. You either leave this home and I will not recognize you as my daughter anymore or you will stay here and continue with your studies and eventually pursue my company."

His back was turned away and at that moment and I knew he already knew my answer. I didn't know it then, but he was giving me a chance to chase after my dream.

I ran to my room and stuffed everything I could in my backpack and ran out the door without looking back. I could hear the anguish screams and cries of my mother. When I reached up to touch my face, I realized for the first time it was wet.

Nobody's POV

A girl with long black hair stepped up on to the stage. She wore a simple feminine skirt that showed off her long legs. This captured the attention of the judges as they heard a soft voice replying

"yes"

After getting the formalities out of the way the judge asked her what song she was going to sing.

"I'm singing 소너시대 unnie's song, Into a New World" she said softly.

While waiting for the music to come on, the judges stared at the beautiful girl who's eyes looked so clear and open. She trembled a bit and then took a deep breath. opened and time seemed to have stopped.

 

It's pretty short but I hope you enjoyed the first chapter ~