Prologue

The Salem Witch Trials

(TRIGGER WARNING- mentions of miscarriage) 

"I can't I can't-" Mari panted heavily leaning against the tree screaming loudly before having her slave's hand covering . 

"Do you want the lords to hear you?" Minsu hissed, "If they found out you were pregnant and not married they'll whip you Miss!" 

Mari let out a muffled scream against Minsu's hand looking up at the night sky as she gazed upon the moon and stars decorating the navy black ceiling. Her tears blurred her vision running her nails down the dirt and earth beneath her before feeling a sense of relief between her legs."I-it's out?" Mari smiled tearfully up at the sky,"Thank God and all that is good-" She sat up painfully."C-can I see my baby?.... M-minsu?" Mari blinked looking at what was supposed to be her baby a bloodied mess in her slave's hands. 

"Miss I-"

"Why..."  Mari bit her lip. Her gaze went straight down letting out a bitter chuckle."This is what those stiff necked bastards wanted wasn't it?" She hit the dirt in rage cring out. "Acting like they haven't sinned a day in their god forsaken lives!" 

Minsu blinked shocked at the demeanour of her usually calm mistress. "Miss please- We musn't be loud her-"

"To hell with it!" Mari sat up weakly using the tree to stand up."I hate all of them! If I had Goody housewife Jinah, it might've lived- and if it wasn't for them my beloved Jongho wouldn't be dead from fighting the Indians-" She growled clawing at the tree,"Oh admit it Minsu! If you gave them one chance to eat eachother alive they would!" 

Minsu blinked stumbling backwards at the sight before her."M-miss please listen! Look at what you're doing!" 

Mari opened her eyes tears rolling down her pale cheeks as she saw that she had lit the tree- on fire- As soon as Mari's emotion changed the tree was back to normal, only being slightly scorched. "What-" She looked down at her hands, moving them around as if she had never used them properly...

Minsu sighed out in relief and smiled softly."I see Miss is a witch too... interesting." 

Mari turned to her slave in confusion and fear, her brown eyes worried,"A w-witch? Minsu don't say such things-" 

Minsu shook her head and held her mistress' hand tugging her away to her house sneaking by making sure no drunk was strolling the streets at this time of night. Once escorted to her home, Minsu tended to the fireplace while Mari sat down on the floor still shocked. Minsu sighed putting in some wood and fiddling it,"From what I saw on that tree, I'm going to have to train you a little Miss." 

Mari kept shaking her head, this was too much for her, she couldn't wrap her mind around it."I'll have no training- I'm not a witch-" 

Minsu placed the wood down and turned to look at her."Why fight it Miss?" She crawled towards her."Once I teach you how to control them , they're your powers to do with as you wish... You can do anything.. " Minsu took her mistress's hands and looked her in the eye straight. "You can take vengeance on every Puritan in Salem with just a flick of your finger, think about it Miss, they took my land... I'd be more than willing to help-" 

Mari looked back at Minsu's eyes that were, almost hypnotic in a manner of speaking, before her smile matched Minsu's dark grin. "I think I have an idea..." 

"What is it Miss?" 

Mari leaned back looking out the window seeing a drunk male stumbling along the streets. "I'll give them that chance... the chance for all of Salem to turn on eachother like a pack of wolves-" 

Recommended Audio Song : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytgmu1D4HJ4