00

Give Love (Please, Hyung?)

Yoongi places the stack of books he’s chosen so far neatly on his usual table in the library. He then glances at the other four empty seats, and he lets out a sigh of relief. He’s too used to sitting alone, ignoring others’ presence as much as he can. It’s great that the library is always half-empty during lunch. Only one or two kids leafing through some books. He’s managed to earn one friend in his whole 3 solid years in High School.

 

Only one friendDon’t. Question. It.

 

Well, that one friend must not count as a buddy anymore since he’s stopped hanging out with Yoongi because said friend recently got a girlfriend. Yoongi doesn’t blame him for leaving because Yoongi will not befriend Min Yoongi too if he was some other kid.

 

That aside, if Yoongi could go through 3 years of eating lunch alone at the rooftop, he can make it for another 2 years. And he’ll be free from this stupid high school that he does not want to return to. Ever. Burning it down sounds okay,but—nah.

 

Hopefully, he’ll make it. Being alone isn’t that bad. Yoongi might even say he likes being by himself.

 

He’s also thinking that wearing the school’s grey sweater more often will make him kind of blend in with the grey painted walls of the school. Being a wall seems more fun than being a human. It’s Min logic, he guesses. Maybe he’ll earn less attention that way- and more (hopefully) unseen?

 

He packs his writing materials as soon hears the bell go off. Yoongi ‘s skipped lunch today- instead of buying himself a decent sandwich, he headed for the library. Ignoring his hungry tummy for a while, and exits the over-air-conditioned room. It’s only a room of books and reading them- why make it so cold?

 

Hopefully his stomach won’t be so loud.

 

Amen. (Nope, he’s not even christian)

 

Yoongi was already heading down the stairs when his brain supplies him that he left his bag at the table.

 

No wonder his hands felt so empty..

 

After a few cursing, he forces his poor legs to run upstairs again. He unknowingly runs into something hard- it felt like the library’s glass door or something-

 

Correction, it was someone. How ing hard is his chest- He ran into someone. His glasses are gone, too. Yoongi’s pitiful eyesight could only make out blurry outlines of a person around his height, and painfully bright orange hair.

 

“I-I’m so sorry- I-I have- I mean - I have to go to the library-” Yoongi heads blindly runs into a direction which is thankfully the right direction to the library, maybe it was because of the numerous times he had been to this place. Avoiding conversing with the guy he bumped into just now, he leaves his glasses wherever the thing had gone to.

 

He staggers a little, squinting as he slings his bag on his shoulder, then bolting for his class without his lame spectacles. He must look weird and drunk by the way he’s walking without his glasses.

 

Yoongi’s brings his watch super close to his eyes- until he can make out the numbers displayed, and takes note that he is 15 minutes late to class. Yoongi must walk as fast as an old man or something, well, it was Professor Jung’s class and he will not give a about Yoongi losing his glasses for a reason being late.

 

He hopes that the orange haired guy doesn’t have his specs. Hopefully the kid will just leave the abandoned black thing that made Yoongi uglier than his usual self, which is ugly. He’s already ugly but that thing makes him uglier.

 

Yoongi doesn’t like talking to people. The glances everyone gives him makes him sick. He feels very uncomfortable.

 

It’s hard. He’s so anti-social that it isn’t even funny anymore.

 

Yoongi prays that he’ll get home safely without getting on a wrong bus or anything. Then it hits him how dangerous it is to walk without specs. He could trip and die at beside the garbage and no one will now. He sighs, and walks in the classroom with his gaze on the tiled floor.

 

His mom is gonna go crazy if she finds out Yoongi loses his glasses.

 

Yoongi changes his mind and hopes that the orange haired guy kept his glasses.

 

“Min Yoongi. Detention.” Professor Jung’s voice stopped his train of thoughts.

 

He nods and thanks to his blur vision, he can’t see his classmates looking at him.

 

 

 

Yoongi stays in class because of Professor , he scribbles something blindly on a paper he ripped out of his notebook to kill time.

 

“Min Yoongi, you are dismissed.”

 

He gets up and bows at the teacher, followed by a ‘Thank you Professor Jung’ and leaves the class without another word.

 

He walks at a super slow pace, one hand at the wall for support, and he sees a familiar mop of orange hair. This unknown person must have made a meme about Yoongi in his head already.

 

“Ah! Yoongi!” He calls out and HOW DOES HE KNOW MY NAME- ah, Yoongi has a name-tag. The orange-haired guy closes the distance between them and puts on Yoongi ’s specs on him instead of giving it to his hand like a proper being.

 

His vision clears, and the orange guy’s features are like an idol’s or something.

His eyes are so-- pretty.

 

Yoongi ’s cheeks are roasted and he manages to say a breathless ‘thank you’.

 

“Can I- Walk you home? I, I’m Jimin. Park Jimin.” He smiles, and it might be cheesy, but it was super bright. Just like his hair. Or maybe it’s his hair?

 

Yoongi ’s never received friendship on a silver platter served to him. It’s so unusual that Yoongi ends up saying nothing and just gaping at the Jimin guy, unsure what to say. His heartbeat quickens, and he feels less and less oxygen around him.

 

The guy seemed to notice it. .

 

He takes a step forward, patting and rubbing Yoongi ‘s back gently. Treats him like glass, basically.

 

“Hey. It’s okay. Breath in and out.”

 

Yoongi ‘s embarrassed.

This happened a lot when he was a first year, trying to talk to people and only end up in the infirmary.

 

He stopped doing that when it came to the fifth time he landed there again.

 

“Follow me.”

 

Yoongi only gets worse, but still tries to hang on because he remembers-- the new school nurse is scary.

 

“Look at me.”

 

Yoongi snaps his head up to look at Jimin, “In,” he orders, and Yoongi complies, taking a deep breath in.

 

“Out,”

 

He lets out a puff of breath. Calm. He is calm. That’s something that Min Yoongi is not around people. It’s way too

 

They do that for a few more rounds and Yoongi finally relaxes, blinking hard after his messy first impression.

 

“I- Thank you.” He says, frowning at his shoelaces. Why was he? Well, who ing cares- it’s all his shoelaces’ fault.

 

“Why are you frowning?” Jimin asks and lets out a giggle. He can giggle? Ah, yes he’s human--

 

Yoongi doesn’t answer for a while, then he bravely says “Why’d you do that?”

 

Now it’s Jimin with the knitted brows, confused by what Yoongi meant. “Do what?”

 

“You- Most people just s-send me to the- you know, They don’t wanna deal with m-me,” Yoongi explains, finding it quite weird talking to people who aren’t the teachers or his parents.

 

stutters, he wishes it wasn’t even a thing that exists.

 

Jimin didn’t reply, instead he just smiles at the person in front of him. Yoongi feels even more insecure due to Jimin ‘s attention fixed to him.

 

Why the is he just smiling there-

 

“Can I still walk you home?” He asks cheekily, grin making his eyes turn into two tiny slits. Barely even there. What a cool smile. Warm. Nice. Pretty.

 

What does it feel to be this person? Yoongi might feel like a god if he was Jimin.

 

“Why- Why do you want-”

 

“It’s a yes or no question, Yoongi-ssi.” He cuts in a teasing tone. It sounds cute. Cool.

 

He leans in closer, observing Yoongi with his pretty mono-lidded eyes.

 

“Uh- I-I,” Yoongi stares at Jimin ‘s shoulder instead, not wanting to make eye contact with a person who looks like some god. He’ll have a heart-attack and will die here if he did. In this ugly high school with the grey walls that Yoongi badly wants to be.

 

“You’re rejecting..?” He pouts, making Yoongi feel like the most evil person under the sun.

 

He shakes his head hastily, pale cheeks turning into a pretty rose color.

 

“Yes?”

 

A nod.

 

His nod makes Jimin smile with his teeth on display, now he looks even more godly. The question is how. Yoongi returns it, because it was somehow infectious.

 

Jimin’s smile suddenly was replaced by a shocked expression, staring at Yoongi in-- awe? Weird. Or was it more of a shock? That Min Yoongi ‘s smile is not even close to pretty.

 

He deflates a little, and so does his smile-- it turned into a small grin that doesn’t reach his eyes.

 

“You look so cute smiling.” Jimin says out loud, ears red-- it looked like he tried real hard to say that.

 

Super awkward.

 

 

 

 

 

It takes three weeks, and Yoongi and Jimin are kind of good friends. He made a friend. Yoongi made a friend.

 

Park Jimin is very popular. Not so surprisingly. What was, is the fact that Jimin decided to befriend him. Min Yoongi A.K.A. senior with no friends and who is sadly also known as ah, the stutter boy.

 

Yoongi fiddles a little bit with his bangs as he waits for Jimin at his usual place. Rooftop. The weather’s quite windy compared to the other usual days. Yoongi waits patiently for Jimin ‘s arrival as his dark locks slap lightly against his forehead- clutching onto his everyday sandwich made by his mom.

 

He debates whether to eat it or wait for Jimin so that he can eat it with him instead-- just like he does every lunch since the day Jimin had started being his friend.

And ends up waiting for the orange-haired friend, as usual. That choice always won.

 

Yoongi ends up worrying a little, because it’s almost 20 minutes into lunch and Jimin is still not here. His negative thoughts started to hang around in his head again.

 

Is this the day he ditches me?

 

Bet he forgot that I exist

 

Is he hanging out with his large gang of other friends?

 

Is Yoongi not important to him?

 

Of course he isn’t.

 

Yoongi is Yoongi and Jimin is Jimin.

 

It upsets him and his appetite, Yoongi assumes that this is the day he loses the one friend again, and he rips the sandwich between his teeth while mentally cursing why he was such a ing loser.

 

Sighing, he hears the bell ring and stands up to pat his uniform clean and heads to class.

 

 

 

 

 

He walks slowly, a habit Yoongi ‘s picked up when he’s in serious deep thinking. What did he do? It was okay for 3 weeks, then it came to an end.

 

Ah, maybe Yoongi ‘s tainting his popularity cuz’ cool boys hang out with boys equally cool like them.

 

Memories suddenly flowed back in his brain, when he- ugh.

 

Jimin wipes of the mayonnaise smudge at his cheek. Brings it to his mouth, and his finger clean. He offers Yoongi a smile.

 

“Yoongi, you’re red. Are you alright?”

 

“Y-Yeah, I’m just- cold?”

 

“It’s summer.”

 

“W-What? Really?”

 

What the actual -

 

Or that time when he-

 

“You have a dog at home?”

 

“Yeah. Of- of course.”

 

“Why dogs?” Jimin asks playfully as he tilts his head a little, staring at Yoongi like there was no evil in the world.

 

“B-Because Holly is… my only friend.” Yoongi mentally slaps his face. That’s not the answer he was planning to-

 

Jimin’s face displays confusion. There was a pregnant silence for 2 whole minutes.

 

“I mean, I d-don’t like dogs t-that much, I just happened to get one”

 

 

Yoongi just ends up pulling his hair, frown on the fullest, trying to think of something else so that he’ll be distracted by something else that isn’t him recalling his embarrassing moments.

 

Yoongi stops torturing his scalp when he sees Jimin, the friend that freshly ditched him, rummaging through his locker. What was he searching for anyway? He’s ready to make a U-turn and go to the longer way to class when Jimin spots him.

 

“Yoongi!!”

 

Ah, he remembers.

 

“What- What’s up?” He stays at his position, not making effort to approach Jimin. Yoongi offers an awkward forced grin, probably ugly.

 

“I’m so sorry-- I got held up at class since I didn’t do my ugh, maths- Let’s hang out after school, yeah?” He offers, and Yoongi ‘s surprised that Jimin hasn’t ditched him. Amazing.

 

Maybe that day is tomorrow, or something.

 

He wishes it won’t exist.

 

“O-Okay, but why d-do you wanna hang out with me?”

 

Jimin’s eyes widen a little, and he looks as if he was contemplating whether to speak or not. He remains silent, a light blush stains his cheeks while he smiles a little at Yoongi, looking at the ground.

 

What’s up with the shy boy image?

 

“Because.”

 

He leans in and closes the gap between him and Yoongi, and-

 

Gives Yoongi a light kiss on the lips. It lasted barely two seconds until Jimin pulls back, cheeks roasted.

 

He grins, bolts to his class, leaving Yoongi clueless.

 

“W-What..” He struggles a bit to keep his breath steady and heart beat in a normal pace.

 

It feels too good. This is too good to be true, Jimin the angel gave a small peck on his lips? The questions swirl around his mind and he has never been so confused in his life before-- why? Why? Why’d he do it? How--

 

The feeling of Jimin ‘s soft plush lips against his lingered there even when he’s reached class.

 

Was it all real?

 

Was it for fun?

 

He sighs. Google can’t answer all his questions after all.

 

He doesn’t think he can face Jimin again if the kiss was for kicks. Or a bet. He’ll wither up in depression and probably won’t try to get another friend.

 

Yoongi absentmindedly brushes his fingers lightly on his lips, feeling the phantom of Jimin ‘s lips pressed on his.

 

It was his first.

 

 

 

 

 

Yoongi had always dreamed of kissing a person that likes him, face not too handsome, personality matching Yoongi ‘s own, that one person who accepts his flaws and all those stuff--

 

But it all fell down. It was Jimin who kissed him.

 

Of course-- he likes Jimin but, Jimin doesn’t.

 

His first kiss wasted to an angel who will never return his feelings.

 

Then why’d the angel kiss him?

 

 

Yoongi doesn’t know.

 

 

 

 

 

Min Yoongi with the grey school cardigan more often than the yellow one-- waits for Jimin in the end. Probably curious to why Jimin took his precious but not that precious first kiss.

 

He pushes his glasses a little, as they were about to slip down when he reads his book by his favorite author, Kim Namjoon. His books are great.

 

They make Yoongi escape from high school sometimes.

 

He flips the pages one by one --while waiting for Jimin-- finding that one page that he stopped at. Yoongi ‘s kumamon bookmark seemed to slip out when he was running to class, sadly.

 

His reading was interrupted by noise. Like fangirls yelling-

 

Yoongi spots Jimin talking to a group of girls, smiling occasionally at the compliments they throw at him like flowers at the bride and groom on a wedding. He pouts a little, envying every single of the girls that have confidence to praise someone they like so easily.

 

Jimin seemed to have found his eyes, and he gives Yoongi a beautiful smile, thankful that Yoongi waited for him.

 

Yoongi felt even more nervous when Jimin walks to his direction, the fangirls eyeing him like he bombed a building down but got away from the police and escaped court.

 

Yoongi wants to stop Jimin, to tell him not to come closer.

 

What if it was a bet??

 

He panics, turning around and started running away from Park Jimin.

 

He runs, runs but he can see Jimin chasing him with confusion why he was running away.

 

Why him?

 

Why is Jimin meeting him?

 

Was he gonna brush off that kiss as an accident or something--

 

“Yoongi! Stop what are you-!”

 

Jimin, being the one with more stamina, reaches out for Yoongi ‘s wrist and yanks him to a halt. Letting out a small smile as he hears Yoongi ‘s tiny ‘ieep’ at the force.

 

“Why- are- you, running, away,” Jimin asks between pants. Yoongi notices that his orange hair is now sticking onto his forehead. He looks.. godly.

 

Yoongi refuses to answer that question.

 

“Is it because of the kiss?” Jimin asks again.

 

“It was, it was- I did it.” The orange-haired continues.

 

They stay silent for a while.

 

“Do you know why I did it?”

 

“N. No..”

 

“...Really?”

 

“Y-yes.”

 

“I, I’m not sorry though.”

 

Yoongi looks at Jimin, puzzled to be met by a full on smile fixed on his lips.

 

“I like you, Yoongi. I want to date you. I want to know you more, I want to hold you hand- I. I want to kiss you.”

 

He frowns.

 

Yoongi.. Jimin likes Yoongi?

 

He.. doesn’t know what to do.

 

Silence fills up the air as the two boys mirror their own facial expressions.

 

He watches as Jimin ’s face falls slowly.

 

It made Yoongi disappointed, too.

 

Jimin smiles, a sad one- before letting go of Yoongi ’s wrist.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook startles as the door slams suddenly, courtesy of Park Jimin. Stupid hyung for making his controller fall from his grip.

 

“Aishh, hyung look at what you’ve done to my baby.” He points to his game console, only to be ignored by the weirdly moody man in his room.

 

He watches as Jimin rips his socks out, bunches them angrily and throws it in the basket-- a miss.

 

The orange-haired looks sad, too.

 

A light clicks in Jungkook ‘s just-there-sometimes brain.

 

Aha~ Lover.

 

“Park Jiminie hyung-- did you break up with your girlfriend or something.” He says, but the elder doesn’t respond.

 

After a few beats of silence, Jimin speaks.

 

“I got rejected.” Jungkook watches in amusement mixed with awe at his hyung tearing the potato chip bag and stuffing the junk into his mouth as ugly fat tears roll down his cheeks messily.

 

“He- He doesn’t like me.” He croaked out and continues his ugly crying, salt on the chips sticking onto his roundish cheeks. Some soggy chips soaked from his saliva were threatening to droop out, too.

 

He. It’s the first time Jimin ’s attracted to a guy.

 

Jungkook picks up his baby, it a little, and presses continue game. Tries to tune out ugly man sobs too.

 

 

At night, he was rudely awakened by Jimin chanting or whining someone’s name like a ritual in his sleep.

 

“Yoongi-- Min Yoongi. Yoongi Yoongi Moongi Murphhhhhhh.”

 

He takes in his hyung’s form, eyes shut while lips muttering this very special person’s name. Weird. Nobody’s ever managed to get in Jimin ’s dreams. Jungkook snickers, and pulls out his phone to snap a photo and record the thing happening to Jimin as weapons for blackmail in the future, some memes would be good, too.

 

In the video, Jimin was waving to the wall --the one beside his bed where an iron-man poster was--, eyes still closed, chanting Yoongi Yoongi.

 

Oh, who is Yoongi.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Never had Yoongi wanted peace so badly until Jimin has been following him around for the past few days.

 

Whining one date, hyung, just one date with you.

 

It’s making it even harder to believe that the fact someone ridiculously handsome and popular and has the whole school as his friends is tailing him around everywhere just to take Yoongi out on a date.

 

He wants Park Jimin to leave him alone cuz’ he’s the main reason why the whole school’s attention is on him.

 

“Hyung~ Yoongi hyung!!!”

 

Yoongi doesn’t reply, continues nibbling on his sandwich. At least there’s no one here-- at their usual place. Their? Yoongi ‘s not so sure.

 

“Yoongi hyung! I like you so so so so much my heart is hurting-- Do you feel it? No cuz you too busy eating that sandwich and trying to turn me down by your silence and cuteness-- what the hell- Is it because I’m not enough?” Jimin rambles and keeps quiet for a moment, expecting a reply from Yoongi.

 

Said man shakes his head, cheeks turning into a pretty pink, just like cherry blossoms.

 

“Then? I’m- I’m short? Hyung! You’re so mean- How can you not like me because I’m short-”

 

“I-It’s not y-you.” Yoongi interrupts his whining.

 

Jimin shuts up. A look of hurt spreads on his face, “You… You have someone else?”

 

“N-No! Why w-would I?” Jimin smiles a little at that,

 

“Then can we date?”

 

“No.”

 

“Why!!!??” Jimin pulls his hair frustratingly.

 

“It’s- It’s me who’s the problem.”

 

After that sentence,

 

Jimin stones as he hears Yoongi ‘s reason of why they can’t date, trying to process what Yoongi ‘s telling him. He doesn’t get it at all. What in hell is the problem with Yoongi?

 

All he wants is a relationship with Yoongi. Where he can kiss him, snuggle with him, peck his jaw, do romantic stuff, make love, go on more dates--

 

Please just say yes.

 

I don’t care about anything else.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jimin! Enough ing ballad songs-” Jungkook screams suddenly and he snatches Jimin’s phone from the latter’s hand and proceeds to pause the ing OSTs he’d been playing since weeks and puts the phone on the highest shelf in their room.

 

“Jungkook you ing--” Jimin bites Jungkook’s ankle, and Jungkook yelps, trying to pry the idiot hyung- is he seriously going ing rabid just because of an unrequited love for ’s sake--

 

The youngest grabs Jimin ‘s orange hair and pulls him up, Jimin stopping his bite and following Jungkook ‘s arm with a ‘ah! Ah! Ah! MOther let me go’.

 

“We need to talk.”

 

The idiot hyung nods.

 

 

“So Park Jimin, I remember you saying that Min Yoongi wears the grey sweater more than the yellow one because he doesn’t want to stand out?”

 

“Uh-huh.” Jimin agrees dumbly, no clue where this is going.

 

“And Min Yoongi also has anxiety, his breathing quickens when he speaks to someone he doesn’t know well?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“He doesn’t have any friends?”

 

“Yep.”

 

“And you Park Jimin, how many friends do you have this year?”

 

“I…I.. around-- I dunno go check my phone-”

 

“Shut up. Also, Park Jimin, you have a fan-base at school am I right?”

 

“Yeah. Uhh, I play soccer that’s why-”

 

“Shut the up, you’re only supposed to say yes. And more than fifteen girls had asked you out. Excluding last month, and the month before that.”

 

“Uh, Yeah.” Wondering what that has to do with Yoongi-

 

“It’s me who’s the problem, He said that.”

 

Jimin nods, too lazy to think anymore. At least Jungkook shouldn't be so rude to him like this, calling him Hyung is nicer-

 

“He is saying he’s totally , like y’know not really suitable for you and he hates himself so why would he put him with you together- Like that.”

 

One.

 

Two.

 

Three.

 

“WHAT THE JEON JUNGKOOK ARE YOU SERIOUS YOU ING BETTER NOT ING MESS WITH ME-”

 

“It’s clear, maybe Yoongi needs to give his glasses to you.”

 

“WAIT- You know him?”

 

“Yeah, super cute. Totally wanna bang.”

 

“What the you better-” Jimin was already raising his fist-

 

“I’m kidding what the heck- Hyung I don’t ing know him. You talk about his ing glasses the whole time. Also he’s super shy stop disturbing him you hoe,”

 

Jimin throws a pillow at Jungkook, aiming for a head-shot. He misses.

 

For a moment he’s quiet. He’s so deeply in love with Yoongi. He tunes out Jungkook ‘s loud thoughts of thinking the both of them were cliche as .

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next time Jimin approaches Yoongi, he’s armed with a pick-up line.

 

“Hyung. You need new glasses.” Jimin points to the black rimmed glasses on Yoongi ‘s face.

 

“W-Why?”

 

“Cuz’ you can’t see your own beauty.”

 

Jimin enjoys the blooming red on Yoongi ‘s cheeks. Yoongi needs to be smothered with compliments. He needs to drown in them.

 

“Date me?”

 

“Why do y-you want to date m-me? There’s so m-many people-”

 

“Because you’re beautiful, duh.”

 

Yoongi frowns, albeit his scarlet cheeks.

 

Jimin kisses him.

 

“I swear you are.” he whispers when he pulls a centimeter away, breath hitting Yoongi ‘s lips while Yoongi ‘s quick ones on his lips.

 

He the pale boy’s cheek, hoping that this will be the last time he’ll be asking.

 

“Date me?”

 

A heartbeat.

 

Another.

 

“O-Okay.”

 

He smiles so wide and his chest tightens as Yoongi returns his smile-- just as bright. Maybe even brighter.

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook is quite useful, after all.