My Future Husband

Ex-boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word Count: 3,254

 

Embarrassed. That's what Kibum felt when he and Jonghyun first met. Why? Well, basically because Kibum was confessing his feelings for Minho that time on the phone and didn't realize that it was someone else on the line and that certain someone was Jonghyun, Minho's cousin. 

Kibum decided to finally tell Minho that he likes him after years of knowing the latter, but he just can't build up enough courage to tell him face to face and because he might stutter and be blanked in the midst of his confession he decided to just do it on the phone while he recites his written confession.

He was so nervous back then while dialing Minho's phone number because what if Minho rejects him? What if he likes someone else? What if Minho laughs at him? Kibum was biting his lip so hard as he listens to the phone ringing and waited for Minho to pick it up. When finally, who Kibum assumed was Minho, answered the phone he immediately told him not to talk and just listen to him first because he has something important to say which the person on the other end obeyed and that's when he started to read his written confession. He poured his heart out as he read every single word to the person on the other end of the line.

"So, I.. Really like you Minho. I really do." were the last words Kibum said.

"I.. I'm sorry." the person on the other end said making Kibum's eyes widen in surprise because that's not Minho's voice. "Minho went out with Taemin, his uhm.., boyfriend and well, he left his phone and I saw it ringing so I thought that maybe it's important that's why I answered it for him." the person on the other end explained. 

"W-who is this?" Kibum asked feeling mortified and hurt because he just confessed to someone else and then heard that Minho already got a boyfriend can't he be considerate enough not to tell him that?

"It's his cousin, Jonghyun."

And that incident started everything between Kibum and Jonghyun. Minho introduced Jonghyun to him during Minho's birthday celebration and that's when he break out the news that he and Taemin are officially dating. Kibum tried to feign innocence as if he didn't know anything about them dating when truthfully he's hurting inside. He showed the couple that he's happy for them - he really is - but he just can't help but be heartbroken as well. 

Kibum's dejected expressions didn't go unnoticed by Jonghyun as he was watching Kibum the whole night. He wanted to comfort him and cheer him up that's why he approached the younger and tried to talk to him.

Kibum welcomed him with a smile and talked to Jonghyun the whole night of the party though he still feel embarrassed because of that incident but Jonghyun reassured him that it will be their little secret. Kibum thought that it's actually a relief that Minho's not the one who heard him because things might get complicated especially since Minho's already seeing someone.

Kibum and Jonghyun became good friends. They often hang out with each other and go out on friendly dates as they say. Minho and Taemin's been telling them to date each other because they suit each other well but they always refused, telling them that it'll be weird if they date each other.

The two got a lot closer as they get to know each other well. Kibum thought that Jonghyun's a really great person, and he can't help but get attracted to him especially when he smiles at him - that puppy smile he can't always resist. Aside from that, Jonghyun's also very good looking that a lot of girls always looks at him.

In the end, the two of them got together when Jonghyun confessed to him and asked him to be his boyfriend after Jonghyun's graduation and Kibum said yes of course because he feels the same way too and realized that what he felt for Minho before was just an infatuation and what he feels for Jonghyun now is love. He loves him so much.

Their relationship is nothing different from other couples. They have their share of arguments that almost leads to them breaking up with each other but what's special about them is that they don't let those arguments separate them. They love each other way too much to think about letting each other go. They're perfect for each other. That's what they told themselves because they're soul mates.

After years of dating, being there in each other's ups and downs, Jonghyun finally bent on his knee and asked the love of his life that question, 'Will you marry me?' and Kibum, with tears rolling down from his eyes answered him with a yes.

And now, they're three days away from their most awaited wedding day.

"So we'll see each other on the wedding day?" Jonghyun asked Kibum on the line.

"Hmm." Kibum hummed, smiling on the other end. "It's more exciting like that since we'll be missing each other," he explained.

"But I miss you already," Jonghyun whined though he just met Kibum a few hours ago. "I want to be by your side and hug you right now." he added.

Kibum chuckled. He too wants the older to be by his side right now, but he thinks that it'll be fun not meeting the older not until the wedding day. "Stop it Jjong." he told him. "And don't call me either after this okay? I won't be calling you too. Let's just wait until the wedding day." he added.

"You can't be serious!" Jonghyun said exasperatedly. He's not allowed to see him, and now to call him too?.

Kibum chuckled imagining how Jonghyun looks like at the moment. "Well then, bye my future ex-boyfriend. See you soon." 

"What? Bummie! Wait!"

Kibum ended the call.

Ex-boyfriend? Is he breaking up with me? Jonghyun panicked and dialed Kibum's number again but Kibum's not answering his calls. 

He tried calling multiple times to ask Kibum about it. He is not breaking up with him, right? Not now that they're getting married.

"My god Kibum!! Answer the phone!" he hissed as he waited for Kibum to answer but got connected to a voicemail instead.

Jonghyun panicked. Why is Kibum not picking up? Will he break up with him on their wedding day? Is this why they should not meet each other and call each other because he's breaking up with him? He can't lose Kibum. He just can't.

He quickly dialed Minho's number to ask for his help. He can't lose Kibum like this.

"Hyung~" Minho answered on the other line, sleep lingering in his voice.

"Minho, I need your help," Jonghyun told him.

"Can't it wait? I'm already sleeping you know."

"Please Minho, it's about Kibum." he begged.

Minho sighed on the other end, "Hyung, I know you're excited but let's just talk about it tomorrow morning okay? I'm hanging up. Bye!"

"No, wait, Minho--"

The call ended and Jonghyun didn't get a good night sleep that night.

 

 

"Minho!" Jonghyun barged into Minho's room startling the sleeping man. "Minho!! I really need your help!" 

Minho rubbed his face and glared at Jonghyun who's approaching his bed. "Hyung! What the hell? I didn't mean six freaking o'clock in the morning!" he half shouted.

Jonghyun pouted. "But I.."

"Shut it and let me sleep some more," Minho said as he covered his face with his blanket wanting sleep to take him back to dreamland.

Jonghyun looks at Minho and sits down on the foot side of the bed. He took a deep breath and sighed. "Minho I think Kibum doesn't want this wedding anymore."

Minho listens because there's no point in sleeping now. Knowing his cousin, he definitely won't let him sleep some more.

"I think he wants to break up with me Minho." Jonghyun said, tears starting to form with just the thought of it.

"I don't want to lose him. I.. I love him you know." Jonghyun continued.

Minho pulled down the blanket and looked at Jonghyun who looked back at him with dark circles under his eyes showing that the older didn't get to sleep well. "What made you think like that?" Minh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter