The End

Ocean Drive

Kyuhyun knows they are falling apart, it’s not that hard to see the cracks in their relationship. It’s his fault as much as it is Ryeowook's. Hell Kyuhyun could pin this all on Ryeowook if he wanted too, it’s the shorters man's fault that things are the way things are.

 

Much to Kyuhyun’s displeasure, the weather is the exact opposite of his mood. Bright and sunny, a perfect day to go driving, something Ryeowook use to love to do with him.

 

“Ryeo~?”

“Yes?”

“Do you want to go for a drive?”

 

Ryeowook steps out of the kitchen, a bright smile on his face that makes Kyuhyun’s heart beat quicker.

 

“Sure, just let me put the rest of the dishes away...”

 

Kyuhyun watches him go back into the kitchen and he lets out a sigh, knowing that this maybe their last drive together.



 

“What’s your name?” Ryeowook asks as he points to the mysterious stranger at his lunch table, the said stranger just sends him a shy smile.

 

“Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun Cho…” Kyuhyun replies as he goes back to drinking his water. Donghae just laughs.

 

“He’s in my math class… I thought that he could sit with us, I hope you don’t mind Ryeowook.” Donghae said, puppy dog eyes forming by the end of the sentence.

 

“I don’t mind, I was just curious that’s all! My name is Ryeowook, Ryeowook Kim, it’s nice to meet you Kyuhyun.” Ryeowook states, sending the younger a bright smile. Kyuhyun’s face just turns a little red, and he nods towards Ryeowook.

 

“It’s nice to meet you too, I hope we can be friends.”



 

“Kyuhyun!”

 

Kyuhyun snapped out of his thoughts and looked up at his husband, a small smile forming on his lips, Ryeowook was wearing a simple sweater with blue jeans, but to Kyuhyun, he looked amazing.

“You okay? You spaced out there for a minute. Are you sure you want to drive?” Ryeowook questioned him, and Kyuhyun finds himself laughing.

 

“I’m ok, I was just thinking, that’s all.”

“What were you thinking about?”

“You…”

 

There’s an awkward silence that ensues after Kyuhyun answers Ryeowook’s question, and Ryeowook just sighs, a frown forming on his face.

 

Kyuhyun doesn’t know what he’s done, but something in his heart is breaking. He stands up and hugs his husband. Ryeowook leans into the hug, and the air around them is tense.

 

“Let’s go Ryeonggu…” Kyuhyun says, grabbing the elder’s wrist.

 

Ryeowook just allows himself to be dragged by the other, the small frown still on his lips.



 

“Ryeowook will you go to prom with me?” Hakyeon Cha asks Ryeowook and, Kyuhyun can feel anger running through his veins.

 

He wants to slap Hakyeon, but it’s the sad smile of Ryeowook’s lips that has his current attention.

 

“I already have a date Hakyeonnie, I’m sorry….”

 

Hakyeon leaves with an awkward smile on his face, later Kyuhyun will find him in the arms of Taekwoon crying his eyes out, but that doesn’t matter. What really matters is the question going through Kyuhyun’s head at the moment.

 

“Who is your date?” Kyuhyun asks Ryeowook before he can stop himself, and Ryeowook just shoots him a confused look.

 

“You silly.” Ryeowook laughs out, and it’s music to Kyuhyun’s ears. A goofy smile paints itself across Kyuhyun’s face, and his face goes red. “Least I hope so, Kyuhyun, will you be my date for prom?”

 

Kyuhyun feels his heart speed up, and he just nods, unable to find words.

 

Ryeowook lets out a happy noise as he hugs the other, and Kyuhyun finds himself hugging Ryeowook back.

 

Neither of them knows it but this is the beginning of their treasured relationship.



 

Kyuhyun takes the clothed tarp off his car, and Ryeowook lets out a low whistle.

 

“She’s a beauty.”

“Not as beautiful as you.”

 

Kyuhyun says as he’s folding up the tarp, and Ryeowook just sends him a smile that doesn’t reach his eyes.

 

Kyuhyun slams the trunk down, harder than what he probably should of, but he doesn’t care at the moment. He walks over to the passenger's side of the car and opens the door for Ryeowook.

 

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

 

Kyuhyun walks over to the driver’s side and he feels like he’s going to burst into tears.



 

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

 

Kyuhyun can feel his heart doing flips, and he lifts Ryeowook up into a hug.

 

“I never want to leave you, you’re the star in my life,” Kyuhyun says, and this gets a laugh from Ryeowook.

 

“You’re so cheesy.”

 

“Only to you.”

 

“Oh, stop it you love birds, some of us are trying to eat here,” Changmin complains, and the couple just laughs.

 

Kyuhyun gently lets Ryeowook go, and Ryeowook grabs him by the chin, standing on his tippy toes, and kisses him.

 

“Seriously guys! I’m trying to eat here.” Changmin pouts.

 

Kyuhyun’s response his to just flip him off, and Ryeowook just laughs.



 

Kyuhyun enters the car, any negative thoughts leaving his head.

 

Starting the car, the engine purrs to life, and Ryeowook is already pressing the button to make the roof go down.

 

“Here, you forgot to grab these,” Ryeowook says as he holds out Kyuhyun’s sunglasses.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome, where are we driving today?”

“Where do you want to drive to?”

 

Ryeowook thinks for a moment, face scrunching up in puzzlement, but his eyes light up shortly after.

 

“The boulevard.”

 

Kyuhyun just nods and turns the radio on.

 

A dance song blares through the speakers.

 

There’s a storm coming, and Kyuhyun doesn’t know if he’ll make it through.  



 

“What’s on your neck?” Kyuhyun questions, anger flooding his eyesight.

 

Ryeowook just looks at the floor, before glaring back up at Kyuhyun.

 

“What’s it to you?”

“You’re MY boyfriend.”

“We’re on a break Kyuhyun! You said it yourself!”

 

Kyuhyun breaks down, and there are hot fat tears flooding down his face. Ryeowook just rushes over to him whispering soft words, and Kyuhyun clings to him. The idea of another man sleeping with Ryeowook breaks his heart.

 

“Who did it?”

“It doesn’t matter Kyuhyun..”

“Who did you sleep with? Such a fuc king sl ut you are!” Kyuhyun screams out, anger coming out again.

 

Ryeowook just flinches, and lets out a whimper has Kyuhyun’s hand meets his right cheek. In a flash, Kyuhyun is crying again, and hold Ryeowook in his arms whispering apologies. It’s not too long before Ryeowook breaks down. The duo whisper promises to each other, and loving words.

 

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”



 

“This is nice,” Ryeowook says as they are stopped at a stoplight. Kyuhyun just smiles over at him and kisses him on the cheek.

 

“I love you.”

 

Ryeowook just sends him a smile.

 

“I know you do, the light is green Kyukyu.”

 

Kyuhyun put his focus back on the road, heart breaking.

 

They are dancing a dangerous tango, that their relationship won’t survive.



 

“Whose Yesung?”

 

Ryeowook drops the glass he’s holding and sends a glare towards Kyuhyun.

 

“You startled me Kyuhyun! Please be more careful!” Ryeowook says as he takes off his now wet socks.

 

“You’re not answering my question.”

“He’s just a friend Kyuhyun it’s nothing you need to worry about, why does it matter?”

 

Kyuhyun just frowns.

 

“Why are you calling him at three in the morning?”

“Why in the ever loving fuc k are you looking through my phone?”

 

Ryeowook's angry, and Kyuhyun flinches back, Ryeowook’s never been angry at him before. Ryeowook takes a deep breath, and Kyuhyun’s eyes are burning.

 

“His girlfriend broke up with him, he isn’t even gay Kyuhyun, you don’t need to worry about anything.”

 

Kyuhyun lets out a breath he’s been holding in.

 

“Is that so?”

“Yes.”

 

His heart breaks, he’s seen their text messages, Ryeowook’s lying to him.



 

“I know you’re cheating on me.”

 

They have stopped at a red light again, a long one this time.

 

Ryeowook just looks at him shocked.

 

“No?”

“It’s alright, though,” Kyuhyun says, grabbing Ryeowook’s wrist and kissing it.”I forgive you.”

 

The light turns green, and Kyuhyun go’s, and Ryeowook has tears forming in his eyes, the beautiful day being the exact opposite of both of their moods.



 

“Happy anniversary Ryeowook!” Kyuhyun shouted out, it’s their fifth anniversary, and Kyuhyun went all out. Flowers are covering every part of their apartment.

 

Ryeowook just sends him a bright smile, before running and jumping on the other.

 

Laughter fills the air, and love is in both of their eyes.

 

“I love you Kyuhyun.”

 

Kyuhyun just smiles back at him, leading Ryeowook into their shared bedroom, removing his shirt.

 

“I love you too Ryeowook.”



 

It’s another red light, and it’s a long one this time.

 

It’s also when Ryeowook burst into tears.

 

Kyuhyun says nothing, knowing that he’d break into tears.

 

“I’m sorry Kyuhyun…”

“I already forgave you…” Kyuhyun chokes out.

“I’m sorry that I don’t love you anymore.”

 

Kyuhyun feels his heart break, and the light turns green.

 

He go’s.



 

“Kyukyu let’s go out driving!” Ryeowook says in an excited tone.

 

Kyuhyun just sends his husband a smile and grabs his keys.

 

“Where do you want to go Ryeo~?”

 

“The boulevard!”



 


I don't own the people mentioned, 

hope you enjoyed - ryeostar