Final

Problem solver

"Kim Jonghyun, Kim Jonghyun..." those fanchants. His mind was somewhere else. He reminded all the things that happened the day before. His 1st ever solo concert. He had dreamt about it for the longest time. A concert for his own. Indeed his biggest dream is to be one of the best musicians out there. He wants to expand his capabilities as a true musician, so the concerts meant so much for him. But......

Jonghyun was in his own dreamland when he heard a knocking sound on the table, which gave his brain a quick signal that he must wake up. 

"Mr.Kim Jonghyun?"

He looked up to see who's trying to break apart him and his dreams. It's a fact everyone around him knows, that he hates it when someone interrupts him when he's in his own little world. 
But at that moment, he couldn't think of being annoyed at the person who's before him. Not when that person has the biggest and the most sincere smile that no one else has. His smile tells everything about him. That's the best way Jonghyun could describe him. 

"Jinki" 

It's Lee Jinki. Jonghyun's best friend. One of the most precious people he cared about. They were friends since their childhood and grew up together. But, their dreams made them apart. Just like his friend, Jinki also has so many dreams. His dream of being a barista. It may sound different or somewhat weird of a thing, of dreaming to be a barista. But for Jinki, it isn't easier like people think. There's this little thing that he believes, that a cup of coffee with a design of a heart on the surface could calm down a person's mind. So, there he is, in his own coffe shop, giving treatments for eveyone's sorrowful hearts. 

To Jinki's coffee shop, Jonghyun is a regular customer. Even with his busy schedules, he visits atleast 2 days for a week. No one, not even himself knows the reason behind it. Is it because he likes the peaceful place, where he could inhale the fresh sea breeze that he loves the most? Or, is it because of Jinki? He doesn't know. Neither Jinki wanted to know the reason. 

"How was yesterday? Did it go well?" 

Jinki knew all about Jonghyun's schedules and things. Even though he's his best friend, from inside Jinki is a huge fan of him. He loves his work and also, he admires the fact that everytime when Jonghyun creates something, it's always differnt from his previous ones.

"Yeah. It was good, more than I imagined"

"That's great. I knew that it would do better"

"But, Jinki,"

He paused for a moment and started again. 

"Have I changed?"

Jinki knew it. He knew that this rather impossible to be answered question could come out from his friend's mouth someday. It was something that Jinki knew from the very beginning when Jonghyun told him that he wants to be a singer. But, he didn't expected that from him at that moment, probably not just a day after his 1st concert. 
But to be true, from inside, Jinki was glad. He was glad that Jonghyun asked that hard question from him, his best friend. And he was much more glad to give the perfect answer for him too. 

"Jonghyun, shall we go for a walk outside?"

It wasn't likely of Jinki to talk about something like that inside his shop. And, he thought that the fresh air outside could clear both of their minds and most probably, he didn't knew about any other place better than the beach side, where his friend would be able to find the answer for his own question. 

It was a quiet and peaceful day. There weren't much people to be seen except for a group of children playing in the park near the beach, that they used to play and enjoy to the fullest when they were kids. The sea breeze was exactly a great way to relax their minds. They were walking along the path the they used to walk in the earlier times, before they got stuck up in their busy and stressful lives. Both of them loved the silence which reminded about their past. There was a past that they came to the beach everyday and played as much they could. There was a past that they didn't had any responsibilties and only did what they wanted. That was a past which neither of them wanted to forget. 

"So, what do you think? Have I?"

At last, Jonghyun broke the silence. He was a lot more curious to know Jinki's answer than anything else. He needed to resolve the problem which he had in his mind since the days when he was planning out his concerts. He hadn't thought about it before. He didn't knew the exact reason why he suddenly had that thought and was confused.

Jinki saw his friend's confused and curious look, that's waiting eagerly to recieve a better answer from him. Since they were young, Jinki was Jonghyun's problem solver. He always brings all of his smallest problems because he thinks that Jinki is the best person to resolve them.

"You haven't changed, Jonghyun"

Jonghyun gave a rather surprised face at the person walking along next to him. He didn't thought that he'll recieve that answer. But, he knew that Jinki is telling the truth. Through all those years, there wasn't a time Jinki lied to him.

"But what made you think that you've changed?"

It was Jinki's turn to know the reason that made him think that way. He knows that Jonghyun is quite a sensitive person. Someone who thinks too much about the reasons that made the slightest change in every situation. That made Jonghyun a concerned one, but on the other side, it also tired his mind.

"It's just that I feel myself different now. I don't know why, but something isn't correct. I'm seeing things differently. And the people I'm close to, I feel like they aren't the same as before"

"Am I included?"

Jonghyun's felt like his heart stopped for moment. No, he hasn't. And he won't either. Jinki was the only person that Jonghyun could think of who hasn't changed a bit through all the years. He was the same Jinki that he saw when he said goodbye on the day he departed from him to follow his dreams. And, Jinki was one of the reasons that made Jonghyun to think that way. His thought was if his best friend hasn't changed, but if he's seeing those people around him differently, what if the only person who has changed is, just him? He felt like his mind gets stucked everytime he thought about it. He couldn't find a definite answer.

"No. You haven't. You're the same old Jinki that played with me those days"

Both of them chuckled at that.

"Jonghyun, it's just the surrounding that has changed. The things you've to do, things you need to think about before you do each and everything. All those have changed. None of us had any idea what the world was like when we were just fooling around in the past. But, with time, we've become elders. And, you've to be with people whom you haven't imagined of being together. The things you see everyday, things you get to hear, all those have changed with time. But, truly, it's not you who have changed"

"But, it's not like how you think, Jinki. I feel like people are seeing me differently. The way I used to think, the feelings I had, I feel like all those have changed"

His mind wasn't in a good state. He was fighting back his sorrow within himself. Jonghyun didn't approved to Jinki's words. He didn't wanted to think that he's wrong because he couldn't get off of the thought that he has changed.

It was when Jinki took his small hand and tightened his cold palm inside his chubby one. His thoughts vanished and couldn't feel anything except for Jinki's warm hands. He found his body becoming weak and out of strength. 

"Listen to me, Jonghyun. You're the same friend that tought me how to dream. And I'm always thankful for that. You haven't changed. It's just with the time, you've become a more responsible person. And being in that industry, you'll face a thousand of problems and it'll become more worse. But,"

He stopped walking and looked at Jonghyun for a moment. He saw his innocent and kind eyes that were filled full of concern. He looked straight into his eyes before finishing what he was saying.

"I'll always be there with you"

Jonghyun tried his best to control his tears. But, in the end a tear came out from his eyes. He didn't cried or wailed in pain. He didn't realised why he became so emotional before he talked to his mind. It was Jinki, the person that he wants to see everyday. He flashed back his memories, being unhappy and acting weird when he couldn't come to the coffee shop for three or four days. Everytime when he felt like giving up, all he could think was calling Jinki to break out all the things he wanted to tell those people who worsened his day, but he didn't called him, because something held him back from doing so. He started to realise that he wants Jinki to be more than a friend to him. Indeed he was more closer to him like a brother, but it wasn't what he wanted. He loved him. But, never wanted to speak it out. It wasn't because their friendship will be ruined nor because Jinki might be hurt. Jonghyun was rather confused about his feelings towards him.

"I'll be on your side no matter what happens. So, don't worry too much about these things. I know that you can overcome every problem yourself, but..., if it's really hard, remember that you have me"

For Jinki, Jonghyun is a person that he's always thankful. He changed his life. As for Jinki also, Jonghyun was more than a friend. There wasn't a day that he didn't thought what Jonghyun must be doing and whether he's alright. He waits impatiantly for Jonghyun to come to his shop since it was the only way he could think of seeing the singer. Both of them had the same feelings towards each other, but the only difference was that unlike Jonghyun, Jinki knew that he loved him from the beginning and had been giving clues most of the times. But, the fact that Jonghyun never noticed anything, made him sad and he tried his best to hold back his feelings, thinking that the other might not feel the same as him. 

"Thanks"

It was the only word that Jonghyun wanted to tell him. He believed that the word 'thank you' could express himself more, than a long thanks giving speech. Jinki made a big smilly face at Jonghyun which made him smile too.

They kept walking, still hands in hands. None of them wanted to let go, but still, none of them wanted to express their true feelings. They left it with the time to decide their fate because no one can control or change what they're destined for

Yet again, Jinki treated another broken heart that came to him asking help.