Chapter 1

Our Lovely Sad Story

***

Jeongguk sighed as he entered the cafeteria. It was once again the first day of school. He was already in the 11th grade and he was just so tired of it all.

'Yah Jeonggukie! Come sit here!' one of his friends, Hoseok, yelled from across the room.

Jeongguk groaned. Everyone was so cheerful, loud and careless. Especially that one person that had always managed to annoy him with that ever glowing aura of happiness and the box shaped grin he always wore on his face – Kim Taehyung. He had always tried avoiding the latter thinking that he would be too troublesome to handle. He tore his gaze away from the cheerful teenager that kept on chatting away with his equally annoying best friend, Park Jimin and started walking in the opposite direction.

He made his way towards the table where Hoseok was seated next to a forever grumpy Yoongi. The latter was also a part of his small group of friends. He and Yoongi actually got along pretty well as they shared the same ideas when it came to the rest of the people - they were just tired of all the useless drama. His two friends were one year older – that would explain Yoongi's forever tired expression... However that did not explain Hoseok's never ending happiness; but after all even if he could sometimes be too energetic, Jeongguk and Yoongi have gotten used to it. After all they needed a little sunshine in their lives.

'So what classes do you guys have next?' asked Hoseok as he slowly munched on his sandwich.

Yoongi groaned mumbling something that sounded a lot like 'English class', putting his head on the table probably getting ready for a nap. Jeongguk, however, decided to give his friend an actual answer.

'I have biology next.'

'Oh! Me too! We are probably in the same class!'

Jeongguk smiled at the other's excitement over such a small thing.

'Jeongguk-ah you should start praying that Sunshine #2 won't be in that class as well' said Yoongi grinning.

'Yah! What does that mean? Am I Sunshine #1? So mean, hyung!'

Hoseok was pouting while playfully pushing the other boy. By now Yoongi's grin had turned into a full on gummy smile. He pinched Hoseok's chubby cheeks while saying things like 'so cute' and 'I didn't mean it, Hobi'.

Even though Jeongguk rolled his eyes at them he couldn't help but smile at their cuteness.

The rest of their break passed smoothly (apart from Yoongi's occasional teasing and Hoseok's small protests) and when they heard the bell they made their way towards the 2nd floor where the biology lab was located. The two were the first ones in the classroom so they decided to take the seats in the back.

As time passed by other students started filling the classroom and soon it was almost full, apart from the seat in front of Hoseok and Jeongguk.

A tall man with pink disheveled hair and crumpled clothes finally entered while cheerfully saying 'Hello students! My name is Kim Seokjin and I will be your biology teacher this year. We will be studying anatomy so I hope you're looking forward to it!'

He smiled softly as he sat down and started calling the students by name in order to check the attendance. The two boys in the back answered the call and both seemed surprised as they heard another name leaving the teacher's mouth

'Kim Taehyung!'

No answer. Everyone studied the lab looking for said boy, but there was no sign of him. Jeongguk groaned as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Great sunshine #2 is also in this class" he thought. Despite that he still prayed that maybe, just maybe Taehyung might have forgotten about this particular class or maybe he simply wouldn't show up.

His dreams didn't last long though, as a tall lean figure with messy dark brown hair entered the room.

'I'm sorry for being late!' he half said half shouted, slightly out of breath as he took a bow, smiling and not seeming sorry at all.

'Kim Taehyung, I suppose ?' asked the teacher smiling. The boy answered with a nod of his head in approval. 'Well take a seat and let's hope that it won't become a habit of yours being late.'

The brunette looked around the classroom, searching for an empty seat, boxy grin still plastered all over his face. Jeongguk bumped his head on the table, realizing that the only empty seat was right in front of him. Apparently Taehyung noticed as well, but opposed to the other's reaction, his smile grew even wider, if that was possible. He made his way towards them, sat down and opened his notebook.

They started the lesson with a short introduction in anatomy, nothing new and Jeongguk could already feel the boredom taking over. He was doodling on his notebook when he noticed the person in front of him slightly moving. Taehyung was now looking at Hoseok trying to gain his attention probably in order to tell him something. Jeongguk sighed and bumped his shoulder on the redhead next to him directing his attention towards "Sunshine #2". The brown haired boy put on his boxy grin once again (Jeongguk groaned internally thinking how is it possible for a person to smile so often) silently thanking Jeongguk.

'Psst Hobi hyung! I wrote this song for arts class but I need someone to check it for mistakes or tell me if I could make some improvement.' he paused before putting on a puppy face. 'Please please please hyuuuuung!'

Hoseok sighed. 'TaeTae you know I'm not that good at checking your sheets. You should really ask Yoongi he's way better and he could also explain what's wrong and help you improve a lot.'

'Yeah but he never helps me no matter how nicely I ask of him!' said Taehyung a cute pout forming on his lips. Jeongguk smiled a bit following the two boys' conversation. Suddenly Taehyung didn't seem that bad anymore. He shook his head trying to get rid of the thought.

'Well I don't think I can really help you but I'll try...' Hoseok seemed hesitant.

' Aw thank you, hyung!' said the younger while throwing his arms around Hobi over the desk earning himself a scold from the teacher.

Jeongguk watched the two sunshines doing their thing and just let them be. However he started thinking about Taehyung's problem and by the end of the class he decided that he might be able to help the other. After all he was a good friend of Yoongi's maybe he could convince him.

When the bell rang Jeongguk got up and grabbed the sheet from Hoseok's hands. The latter looked at him confused.

'I think I could talk with Yoongi...' he trailed off. However Taehyung probably overheard their conversation. His head snapped in Jeongguk's direction boxy grin already forming on his face.

'Thank you very much!' he said taking a bow.

When he looked again at Jeongguk his eyes were soft, smile wide as always and hair slightly disheveled. Jeongguk held back a chuckle as he admired the other's cuteness, barely muttering something along the lines of 'no problem' and making his way towards the exit. However he stopped as slender cold fingers touched his wrist. He turned around only to see Taehyung's curious and slightly flustered face.

'Um... I-I'm Kim Taehyung by the way... I think we've never been properly introduced'

They shook hands as the taller boy simply said 'Jeon Jeongguk'. When the latter turned towards the exit once again, he saw Hoseok's baffled expression.

'How come you finally acknowledge Taehyung's existence?'

Jeongguk groaned. They started walking on the hallways heading to their next class.

'Look I just thought it would be nice to help the kid he seemed kinda desperate'

'Ah yeah you're right... he's going to get a bad grade if that sheet isn't perfect... but the thing is... his songs are ALWAYS perfect! I don't even know why he is always asking for help. Of course Yoongi can make his songs even better, but usually there's nothing to be improved. Really that boy is amazing...'

Jeongguk was a bit shocked. Taehyung had always seemed to be that silly kid that is barely passing his classes but apparently he had some talent.

At the end of the day Jeongguk texted Yoongi to meet him in front of the school's gate. He had been waiting for 10 minutes and started thinking that maybe the lazy boy would never show up, but then he saw a small figure with black messy hair and a tired look on his face.

'What took you so long, hyung?'

Yoongi threw him a death glare.

'I was... busy. None of your business kid. Why did you ask me to come here?'

Jeongguk sighed. Great start.

'I wanna show you something...'

He gave Yoongi the sheet of paper.

'Can you please improve it? Somebody asked me to talk to you and here I am and-'

'This is Taehyung's, right?' Yoongi interrupted Jeongguk.

'Um... yeah...'

'Oh god this kid never gives up I swear.'

He took another look at the sheet and smiled.

'This is a masterpiece... that kid is a genius. I think I could add some stuff though, to make it even better, but I will have to talk with him and show him what to do. Maybe at lunch tomorrow? Can you talk with him?'

'Yeah sure...' Jeongguk paused surprised that Yoongi had accepted. Then he realized something.'Um actually I don't have his number but I think I could ask Hoseok-hyung.'

'Oh I can talk to Hobi as well leave it to me but... how come u don't have your new friend's number?' Yoongi asked teasingly.

Jeongguk groaned for the 100th time that day.

'He's not my friend. I'm just trying to be a good person and help him out.'

'Uh-uh yeah sure.'

Yoongi was teasing him once again, gummy smile plastered all over his face.

'Yaaah stop it hyung' the younger said, playfully pushing the other.

'Okok kiddo. Well I guess I'll go home and sleep now...'

'Hyung! Don't forget about the sheet!'

'I won't, I promise!' said Yoongi laughing a bit. 'Anyway see ya tomorrow, kiddo!'

'See ya, hyung!'

They waved at each other and made their way home, getting ready for another school day. Yay.

***

'What's this?' asked Jeongguk throwing a puzzled glare towards Yoongi that sat down at their table soon followed by a very cheerful Taehyung. The latter frowned and seemed offended.

'"This" is I, Kim Taehyung I'm pretty sure I introduced myself to you yesterday, didn't I?' said Taehyung teasingly, boxy grin on his face as usual.

Hoseok choked on his food. Yoongi smiled mischievously, throwing a careful look in Jeongguk's direction as the boy took at seat at their table, thinking that he was probably getting pretty worked up right now. He usually was bad at dealing with sassy people. Jeongguk put on a playful smirk and simply answered.

'I'm sorry my brain has probably decided that you are not somebody worth remembering. Happens sometimes.' he said and winked at the other boy that seemed perplexed. However Taehyung recovered fast enough to say 'I see. It's pretty weird because you surely didn't forget about begging Yoongi-hyung to check out my sheet. Thank you anyway and I hope that maybe next time you'll manage to remember me.' adding a wink at the end as well.

Jeongguk was speechless, a slight blush making its way on his face.

Hoseok was staring at them, mouth agape, while Yoongi was smirking, enjoying the whole thing.

Jeongguk groaned.

'Whatever... I'm leaving.'

He got up and gathered his things. He then noticed Hoseok still staring at him, slightly amused.

'Ugh just close your mouth hyung. Food is falling out of it, it's gross.' and with those words he took his leave, not sparing a single glance in Yoongi's and Taehyung's direction. He decided to skip classes for the rest of the day, not wanting to deal with Sunshine #2 in biology class as well. He started heading towards the park that was closest to their school. Even though he was skipping he still had to study, so he sat down on an old bench in a secluded area, surrounded by big trees, bushes and beautiful flowers. It was nice and quiet; a good place to study in. At some point he decided to lay down on the bench, take a break and just admire the nature. He fought the urge to sleep for a while but at some point he let go, closed his eyes - biology book long forgotten on the grass.

***

He woke up at the sound of somebody softly calling his name. He opened his eyes and instinctually jumped up, bumping foreheads with the other person. He groaned and brought a hand to his head trying to soothe the pain as the other person did the same. He took a closer look at the boy(?) that was sitting on the grass mumbling something along the lines 'it hurts it hurts..'. Jeongguk soon realized it was Taehyung the one who tried to wake him up.

'The hell are you doing here?' he started asking harshly but stopped as soon as he saw the other boy's teary eyes, probably from the pain.

'Whoa whoa easy there you okay?' he asked kneeling next to the brown haired boy.

Taehyung simply nodded, the pout slowly changing into the very well known boxy grin. Seeing the other smile, Jeongguk decided he was okay.

'But still... what were you doing here?'

'Oh I just... I come here everyday. It's really peaceful and beautiful and sometimes even cats come by it's really nice...'

Jeongguk facepalmed mentally. Out of all the places he could've chosen to study he somehow picked Sunshine #2's hidden lair. Great.

'Also... sorry for waking you up but... I was just thinking that maybe... maybe we could start over..? I mean i know you probably don't like me at all and it's okay many people don't but could we at least be on good terms...?' Taehyung asked hesitantly.

There was a long pause, Jeongguk silently contemplating the other's words. Taehyung's smile gradually disappeared, the boy finally getting up and muttering 'nevermind then'.

Jeongguk snapped out of it and grabbed Taehyung's hand and pulled him back, the latter giving him a questioning look.

'Um actually... I was kinda thinking the same thing and... I don't hate you...You're just annoying sometimes. Oh and sassy. Too sassy.'

'Gee thanks' said Taehyung laughing. 'So yeah hello my name is Kim Taehyung, nice to meet you!' he added offering a hand.

Jeongguk smiled and shook the other's hand while saying 'Jeon Jeongguk, nice to meet you too'

*gay silence lol *

'Sooo... what were you doing here?'

'Oh I decided to skip class and study here but then I fell asleep and..... oh wait i fell asleep oh no....what time is it?!'

'Um... 4 o'clock in the afternoon... why?'

'Oh . First of all I forgot to take the pills for my heart condition and secondly my shift at the caffe starts at 4:30 aND I REALLY GOTTA HURRY UP!'

Jeongguk got up hurriedly gathering his books and shoving them in his bag. Taehyung however was watching him baffled.

'Heart condition?'

'Uh-uh I've got that since forever, but if I take my pills I'll be fine no big deal.'

'Well then... take them'

Jeongguk stopped in his tracks and looked at Taehyung confused.

'Huh?'

'The pills. Take them now.'

'Ummm... I'm kinda late right now. I'll take them later it's no big deal...' said Jeongguk brushing it off.

'Jeongguk'

Taehyung's deep voice stopped him once again. He turned around and looked at him.

'Um... yeah...?'

'Just... take the pills...' he smiled a bit 'You will probably forget later, right? It's better if you take them now....right?' Taehyung seemed a bit unsettled. Jeongguk couldn't really read his expression or understand why the boy was insisting, but he decided to take the pills anyway. It was true that he would've probably forgotten, but he was still a bit weirded out by Sunshine #2's reaction.

He brought out the small pill box, picked one and swallowed it.

'Happy now?'

Taehyung seemed to get back to normal as he showed off his boxy smile and simply said 'Yup'

'I'm.. sorry for being so harsh. I just... I guess I have a problem with people who neglect the problems they have especially if that disease is something that could be cured at some point or mended and I-..'

'Oh it's okay it's okay. I should actually thank you I would've probably forgotten anyway so it's better this way' said Jeongguk smiling a bit. 'Now I really gotta go though... Thank you for waking me up I guess... and ... um... see ya around?' he added hesitantly rubbing the back of his neck.

Taehyung's smile got impossibly wider once again as he nodded his head excitedly and waved the other off saying 'See ya! Good luck on your job!'

The rest of the day went off in a daze for Jeongguk and when he finally got home he threw himself on the couch.

'I'm home mom!'

He started scrolling on his phone checking his notifications. When no answer came he yelled again panic slowly making his way on his features.

'Mom!?'

No answer. He hastily got up ready to search the house. "Not again god please not again" he thought.

'Mom??'

He opened the bathroom door, hand slightly shivering. He took in the scene in front of him, his knees trembling. He fell on the floor next to his mother that was crying silently and holding her bleeding wrist.

'Nononononono! Mom! Mother!?'

No answer. She just kept on muttering 'why did he go', 'what's the point' and 'leave me alone'.

Jeongguk called the emergency line and in a few minutes he was at the nearest hospital breathing heavily and heart pounding in his chest.

'Can you tell us what happened exactly?' one of the doctors asked.

'I-I d-don't know. I found her like this as soon as I got home and I-..' tears started rolling down his cheeks.

'Hey hey kid it's okay it's okay we're going to deal with this it's not a very deep wound, okay? Do you have any close friends that could take care of you or another family member? It might make you feel better...'

Jeongguk blinked still in a daze from the shock.

'U-Um yeah... I-I think I could call s-somebody...' he trailed off.

He unlocked his phone and decided to call Yoongi. He trusted him enough and they've been through this together before. He dialed his number and waited, hands still shivering.

'Hello?' answered a deep voice from the other end of the line.

'Y-Yoongi hyung.. p-please...' he trailed off his feelings overcoming him again.

'Jeongguk? Um this is Taehyung, Yoongi asked me to answer because he was busy with the sheet and... Hey what happened Jeongguk?'

'Put Yoongi through...'

He could hear Yoongi's voice harshly demanding the phone.

'Jeongguk what happened?'

'It's m-mom again...'

'The same hospital?'

'Y-yeah...'

'I'll be there' Yoongi said and he hung up.

Jeongguk tossed the phone aside on the chair next to him and buried his face in his hands waiting for Yoongi. He should've gotten used to this, he thought. It all started one year ago when his father passed away because of a heart attack. That's when his mother started changing: from the cheerful and ever-smiling person she used to be, she turned into gloomy woman that only lived in the past and considered that life was meaningless. That was also when he decided that he won't ever be like her. He had to move on, to take care of her and to be strong for the both of them. However in moments like the one he was dealing with right now, he always had complete breakdowns, because he just couldn't ever think of losing his mother as well.

He heard voices and footsteps that seemed to get closer and closer to him.

'Go home Taehyung! He doesn't have enough power to deal with you right now!'

'No hyung! I promise I'll behave I just want to be there!'

'Why would you? You barely know each other!'

'It does not matter I treat all of my friends with as much care as possible. Please hyung!'

'Go home!'

'Could you two just shut the hell up for once?' groaned Jeongguk.

The other two stopped in their tracks and threw a careful look in Jeongguk's direction.

'Hey kiddo... is she okay?' Yoongi asked soflty keeping a cold distance between them.

'Yeah... doctor said it's nothing they can't deal with... but it still was a big shock for me...'

'Hey it's okay it's going to be okay'

They stayed in an awkward silence for a few minutes until Taehyung pocked Yoongi's shoulder, whispering 'hyung aren't you going to hug him?'

The older boy looked at him puzzled. 'I don't ... hug people...'

'What even, hyung?'

'You guys know I can hear you, right?' said Jeongguk starting to feel slightly amused at the two boys' silliness. 'I don't need a hug it's not such a big deal I just needed a friend to be here for me.'

'Nonsense everybody needs a hug from time to time' said Taehyung as he sat down next to Jeongguk and wrapped him in a big warm hug. At first the latter was stiff, but gradually relaxed letting the warmth sink in his shivering cold body. He let out a content sigh and wrapped his arms around Taehyung's torso. The other boy chuckled in his ear muttering 'See? Not that bad, right?'

'Seems like you just got yourself a new friend, isn't that right Gukie?' said Yoongi teasingly seeing that the boy was feeling better now.

'Yah stop hyung!' he said seeming flustered, trying to get away from Taehyung's addictive warmth. The other let go chuckling, got up and put on a puppy face looking at Yoongi.

'Hyuuung....'

'No.' answered the older boy immediately.

'C'mon you don't even know what I was about to ask yoouu'

'I don't care. The answer is no.'

'Oh pleaaaseee hyyyung! I just wanna stay over... I don't wanna go home it's so faar awaaaay.'

'Jeongguk will be staying over tonight and I'm not sharing a bed with either of you.'

'Hyung it's okay I can sleep at my house...' said Jeongguk not seeming convincing at all.

'No you're not going back alone. You're staying over.'

Jeongguk gave in easily. He was too tired to fight with Yoongi. Besides he really didn't want to go home but he also didn't want to be a pain for his hyung.

'Sooooo can I also stay over?' insisted Taehyung.

'You either are really dumb, either deaf.'

'So meaan! I could sleep on the couch!'

'No. I'm not sharing the bed with Jeongguk or anybody else. If I do I won't sleep well and I don't like the sound of that. So the only other option is for the two of you to share a bed, but I'm totally not leaving Jeongguk alone with you after everything that's happened.'

Taehyung sighed.

'Fine... but can I at least come over, spend some time with you and then go home?'

Yoongi threw a questioning look in Jeongguk's direction. He nodded.

'Yeah fine... you can stay for a bit'

'Yaaaaaayyy!!' yelled Taehyung as he jumped around like a little kid.

Jeongguk started laughing, current problems long forgotten. However it didn't last long, as he saw the doctor approaching them.

'Mr. Jeon?'

'Yes?'

'Your mother is okay, but she will have to stay here for the night. Is that okay?'

'Yeah I know the procedure I'm okay with it.'

'Oh okay then tomorrow at 12 o'clock you can come visit her and sign the discharge papers.'

'Got it. Thank you! I'll be here tomorrow.'

The doctor also informed him about the things he should do in order to help his mother including sending her to a psychologist. Jeongguk knew about all of them but he didn't have the money for it. He never had. No matter how hard he worked he couldn't take care of himself and his mother and send her to a competent psychologist. He just had to deal with it himself.

After he was done they left the hospital and Yoongi drove them to his house.

'Can we stop at the grocery store? I wanna buy some snacks.' said Taehyung.

'No.'

'Pleaseeee hyuuung!'

'No.'

'Hyung, actually I would like some snacks as well.' added Jeongguk.

Yoongi took a moment to think about it and finally decided to stop at the store.

'Be quick I just wanna get home and lay down on my comfy couch.'

'Yeah yeah be back in a minute.'

The two boys bought chips, chocolate muffins and coke. Healthy stuff, hell yeah. After that they got back in the car and finally arrived at Yoongi's apartment. He let them in, threw the keys on the table and went in his room to change in comfy clothes. A few minutes later he was back wearing a pair of gray sweatpants and an oversized black hoodie, grabbed a bag of chips and a can of coke and sat down on the couch, in front of the TV.

'I washed your spare clothes Jeongguk. They are in my closet you'll find them.'

'Okay hyung!'

'What about me? I want comfy clothes as well!'

'I don't think my clothes would fit you, Taehyung...' said Yoongi.

'Oh... then I guess I'll stay like this...'

Jeongguk decided he should go change clothes. He closed the door to Yoongi's room and brought out his clothes. Soon he realized that he actually had an extra pair of sweats.

'Taehyung!'

'Yeah?'

'I have an extra pair of sweats do you want it?'

'Hell yeah!'

The door opened and a very happy Taehyung appeared. He grabbed the pants from Jeongguk, thanked him hurriedly and headed towards the bathroom to change.

After putting on the comfy clothes, Jeongguk sat down on the bed and looked around the room in which he had spent many nights crying and being comforted by a very worried Yoongi. The room was nice, the walls and the furniture a warm beige, the bed sheets and the floor completely black, all of it giving off one single feeling to Jeongguk : home. His train of thoughts got interrupted when he heard Taehyung complaining that Yoongi wouldn't share the chips they bought. He chuckled. He then realized how easily Sunshine #2 had gotten into his life. A few days ago they were avoiding each other and now he was about to spend some quality time with the boy. It surely was weird as if it was all meant to happen. Jeongguk shook his head getting rid of the thought. As weird as it might seem he couldn't really complain. The boy was a nice person that seemed to care a lot about everybody and ,despite being annoying at times, Jeongguk decided he could deal with it.

After a while he joined the other two on the couch, holding his own bag of chips and can of coke.

'That girl has to die she's too stupid.' said Yoongi.

'What? Noooo! Why do you think she's going to die? I like heeerr' complained Taehyung.

'Boy, that girl won't make it to the second half of the movie trust me.'

'Can't hear you lalalalala' yelled Sunshine #2 as he covered his ears.

Jeongguk chuckled in their direction and then threw a look towards the TV. It seemed to be one of those classic horror movies – very predictable and very not entertaining. But apparently Taehyung was really into it. Jeongguk then looked at the two boys again and decided to ask 'What were you doing at Yoongi's house tho?'

Taehyung's head snapped in his direction.

'Oh I told you on the phone... we were checking for the last time my sheet because I have to turn it in tomorrow and I had to make sure it was 100% perfect.'

'Actually the truth is that after school this weirdo stalker showed up at my apartment begging me to help him finish the sheet. How did you even know where I lived?'

'Hobi-hyung told me.'

'That little idiot, he's so dead...'

Jeongguk chuckled once again. It was the first time, after an incident like the one with his mother, when he wasn't crying himself to sleep and it felt... nice. Taehyung's presence seemed to enlighten the mood, making even Yoongi seem a bit less gloomy. At some point Yoongi excused himself and went in his room to get his long awaited sleep, but not without reminding Taehyung to go home after they are done with the movie. The latter muttered 'yeah yeah' and then started complaining about the characters once again. He then got closer to Jeongguk and asked him to share the chips. Soon after he yelled : 'NONONO DON'T GO THERE NOOOO! Ah dammit Yoongi-hyung was right...'

Jeongguk laughed at the other boy's sad expression.

'Yah Gukie it's not funny!'

'Gukie? Since when did I become Gukie?'

'Oh you don't like the nickname? I won't use it then... I usually like giving my friends nicknames, the only exception being Yoongi-hyung, of course.'

Taehyung fidgeted in his seat seeming a bit disappointed but continued to watch the movie. Minutes after minutes passed in an awkward silence, when finally Jeongguk said 'It's okay actually'

The other boy jumped in his seat surprised. 'What is okay?'

'Calling me Gukie... I.. don't mind'

'Whoa really? Okay Gukie! You can also call me Tae or TaeTae that's how ChimChim calls me!'

'ChimChim?'

'Oh my friend Jimin!'

'Oh okay... I guess I'll stick with Taehyung though...'

'... um... okay...'

The movie finally ended and Jeongguk looked at Taehyung.

'Let's watch another movie' the latter said.

'Why are you avoiding going home?'

Taehyung stopped his movements and sighed, a tired expression on his face.

'My parents are always away and anything is better than watching lame dramas alone.'

'Oh... ' Jeongguk decided not to question further. 'Let's watch another movie then.'

After a while they found a movie, a light comedy it seemed. They fell in a comfortable silence both of them too tired to keep up a conversation. They both laughed at some parts, but apart from that and the soft sound of the TV working, it was quiet. Jeongguk was starting to feel really dizzy from the lack of sleep. At some point he felt Taehyung's head falling on his shoulder – the boy probably being asleep – but he was too tired to do anything about it. After a short while he gave in to sleep and closed his eyes, drifting into dreamland.