Final

Sleepovers

The situation was like this:

Mark was tossing Jinyoung onto his bed while climbing on after him, Jackson was banging his fist against the bedroom door, BamBam was yelling, and Yugyeom was whining.

Mark likes to blame this all on Jackson. 

Because of his roommate, one Jackson Wang, he can be shy but he is forbidden from being antisocial. 

Although in his opinion, he isn't antisocial. Mark has his fair share of friends back in L.A., plus quite a few accumulated associates in his school here in Korea. 

Granted, most —okay all— of Mark's friends he has met so far in Korea we're all because of Jackson. 

First was a small Thai boy who had a name that Mark couldn't remember, a nickname that made him chuckle, and a fashion sense that could put designers to shame. 

Next was a ridiculously tall kid with a pair of balls to match. Despite being a good couple of years younger than Jackson and Mark, he had no trouble disregarding their authority at all. The punk. 

Third was a literal ray of sunshine. Mark felt the need to wear sunglasses when this boy so much as smiled because it was so bright. A very bubbly and cute kid with a laugh as loud, if not louder, than Jackson's. 

Finally it was a man who Mark could've easily mistaken as being older than him. With a sharp jaw and cold aura, Mark didn't quite know how to act around this new character. That is until his shell broke and he turned out to be an actual teddy bear. 

And Mark liked them all. They all had unique personalities and little quirks that made Mark thoroughly enjoy their company. It also made getting through college easier. Having them in his classes or neighbor classes made him feel more at ease, especially with having to get around the school. 

He appreciated them, all of them. Especially Jackson, since it was through him he was able to meet his new friends. 

It was only when Jackson introduced Jinyoung as "a friend I've known for a couple weeks and been meaning to get you two to meet" did Mark feel offended. 

Jinyoung had bowed politely at the older male and voiced out an angelic, "Hello Mark-ssi, it's a pleasure to meet you." And Mark was thoroughly upset. 

Why had he not been introduced to this lovely boy earlier? Mark would like to know. 

Reciprocating the bow and mumbling back a "It's nice to meet you too." Mark took his time to study the younger. It amazed him how someone could look so dashingly handsome, and yet so painfully adorable at the same time. 

Something about Jinyoung made him look so elegant and princely, but still innocent and cute. Mark was taken by him. 

Mark never believed in love at first sight, nor did he think himself a romantic, but Jinyoung made him seriously reconsider his life decisions. 

Jackson had informed Mark that Yugyeom and BamBam would be joining them soon and the three of them would be sleeping over at the dorm. 

"I was hoping you'd be alright with sharing a room, or bed, with Jinyoung tonight." 

Mark didn't miss the way Jinyoung's cheeks colored slightly. 

"I wouldn't mind." At all. 

Jackson clapped his hands together happily, satisfied with the outcome, chirping out an excited "great!" before skipping over to the door when he heard soft knocking. 

••

It was 1:47 am, and they were half way through the 5th movie of the night. During the time of ordered pizza and soda, Mark had found time to talk to Jinyoung, asking general 'getting to know you' questions which was a bad idea because he found himself liking this boy more and more.  

He was very caring and had a tendency to baby his friends, very humble and unsure of himself. Always asking if something was okay for him to do. Finally, it took Mark cupping the boys pink cheeks and telling him "you don't need permission to go to the bathroom."

And Jinyoung returned the curiosity, asking Mark questions such as what brought you to korea, how did you meet Jackson, and things such as that. Mark adored Jinyoung's face as he spoke. Jinyoung was an intent listener, which Mark appreciated very much since he was soft spoken and had a tendency to be tuned out by his friends. 

Yugyeom was the one to ruin the moment. Mark was in the middle of telling a story about how he and his family vacationed in Disney and he got lost in Magic Kingdom when Yugyeom loudly proclaimed how tired he was. After getting shushed by Jackson, rather fiercely, he was ordered to turn off the tv while Jackson carefully picked up a sleeping BamBam. 

"We'll clean this up tomorrow." Jackson reassured Jinyoung when the younger began to pick up abandoned soda cans and snack wrappers.

Wrapping an arm around Jinyoung's waist, Mark kindly led Jinyoung to his room while whispering a quick 'goodnight' to the other boys. 

"I'll go change in the bathroom." Jinyoung said while grabbing his bag, much to Mark's disappointment. Mark took the chance to change into his own sleep wear, which was just his boxers if he's honest, before slipping into his bed. 

Three shy knocks sounded at the door and Mark couldn't help but grin. Voicing the okay for entrance, he watched as Jinyoung slipped into the room, doing his best to close the door as quietly as possible. 

Mark couldn't take his eyes off of the boy. The shirt he was wearing had to be at least three sizes too big, while the shorts he wore, which stopped mid thigh, had to be a size too small. 

Holding the blanket up, Mark watched with his bottom lip caught between his teeth as Jinyoung slipped into the space next to him. Mark automatically decided he wanted to, and was going to, cuddle this boy. 

"Comfortable?"

"Mm, very. Thank you for letting me sleep here." 

Mark smiled, tapping his fingers against Jinyoung's exposed neck before slipping his arm under the younger's head. 

"It's no problem, Jinyoungie."

He took a leap, he'll admit, but Jinyoung didn't seem to mind. The younger smiled back, the wrinkles around his eyes becoming adorably prominent. 

"I'll see you in the morning, Marku~"

Mark had fallen head over heels. 

 

••

 

Yugyeom wasn't a bad kid, but Mark was ready to strangle him to death. 

Sometime in the night, Mark must've curled an arm around Jinyoung's small waist, and the smaller boy had simply snuggled up closer to the older's broad chest. It was the happiest Mark has been to wake up and see the peaceful sleeping face of Jinyoung. His cheeks puffing out gently with each breath, and his lips distractingly plump. 

Mark could've stayed, holding Jinyoung in his arms, tracing his delicate features with his fingertips. But no. 

"Nyoungie hyung, wake up! It's time to go!"

Excuse me? Go?  Mark thought. 

Jinyoung stirred in his sleep and Mark was planning Yugyeom's murder. Rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand, Jinyoung sluggishly turned to his side to face away from Mark and to face the door. Mark was merciless, holding tight to Jinyoung's waist, making it even more difficult than it already was for the tired boy to move around. 

He didn't want to let go. 

"Hyung!" Yugyeom called, bursting through Mark's door. "Come on get up! Let's go!"

"Where?" Jinyoung mumbled, his own hands coming down to rest on top of Mark's, still not fully grasping the situation. 

Yugyeom huffed in annoyance before beginning to whine. "You promised to take me and Youngjae hyung to the game store and Youngjae is waiting so let's go!"


Jinyoung groaned, mumbled several okays to the youngest before trying to shift out of Mark's grasp who stayed firm in his decision to keep Jinyoung right there. 

"Hyung? Marku Marku?"

Mark's heart clenched. 
 
How ing adorable was that.

Cracking an eye open, Mark pretended to have just woken up. 

"Yes, Jinyoungie?" He replied huskily. He didn't miss the flush on Jinyoung's face. 

"I need to get up so if yo-"

"No you don't."

Jinyoung tripped over his words. "I-I, well, I promised Yugyeom-"

"Stay."

The conflicted look on the younger's face was unreasonably cute. Mark was about to simply yank Jinyoung back down against his chest and leave the situation at that, when stomping was heard coming towards the bedroom. Yugyeom, now making his second appearance, clasped a hand around Jinyoung and pulled, making the dark haired male yelp as he stumbled out of the bed. 

"Hyung, I said let's go!" With that, Yugyeom continued to lead Jinyoung out of Mark's room and to the bathroom to get ready when a hard shove sent Yugyeom flying into BamBam who was currently uploading pictures of Mark and Jinyoung cuddled together with the hashtag #MarkJin attached. 

Jackson caught the two before they tumbled to the ground, watching Mark with a surprised expression. 

Jinyoung, the poor boy, still half asleep and unsure if everything he was experiencing was real life, could only blink dumbly when Mark's familiar arm s around his waist as he silently pulled to the bedroom. 

"Ah Mark hyung, I have to- Yugyeom, he-"

Mark frowned deeply as Jinyoung began pulling away, the grip of the younger's waist only tightening. 

"Are you trying to run away from me?"

Jinyoung's eyes widened. "N-No, hyung, of course not-"

"Good." Was all that Mark said before throwing the smaller over his shoulder, carrying him back to his room and kicking the door shut with his foot. 

"Mark, don't do anything to Nyoung!" Mark heard Jackson yell as the Chinese male ran to the door and banged a threatening fist against it.

He could only smirk and he tossed Jinyoung onto his bed and yelled back "No promises!"

"Let Mark do as he pleases to Nyoung, I ship them so much. Look at this one photo I got of them." BamBam squealed before going on a tandem about 'MarkJin'. 

Mark crawled onto of a thoroughly shocked Jinyoung, pulling the boy against his chest. "Sleep now, talk later. Okay, Jinyoungie?"

A sigh of defeat escaped Jinyoung as he heard Yugyeom whining about the game store before mumbling back,

"Okay Marku."