Together, Forever

Amico
Please log in to read the full chapter

A.N: It will be a long story. Well, at least for me, it's a long story to post as one shot :D Actually I was so tempted to post this as twoshots but luckily I kept insisting myself to keep it as oneshot. I took many days to complete it as I always get distracted with TV and my cat XD I also cannot decide the most suitable font for this, so if you found this font annoying, please just click 'make it Readable' or comment below :) In this oneshot, I'm going to mention about the universities exists in South Korea, so don't take it hard. It's just fictional. Btw, Jungkook appears too as a side character. And of course, the other members are mentioned too :D

Enjoy~

 

Playlist: BTS - The Truth Untold & Spring Day

 

Start

 

'I.Must.Pass.This'

Taehyung muttered under his breath and bit his sticking out tongue softly. He was writing as fast as he could but neatly so that the person who would mark his test paper can read his answer clearly. He had five questions left, with three of them are objective questions.

It was a fair day, with blue and cloud-free skies, the sun shone majestically and the weather wasn't really hot. It was a perfect weather for him to go to the field and kicked some balls but he chose to be in that hall, answering some questions which could determine his future.

His future which for him, equals to soccer. It was the entrance exam for a high school that he had been targetted a long time ago. A high school which was very famous with its strong soccer team under an infamous soccer couch. It had been his dream to play as a regular in that team after he watched one of their matches three years ago.

And on that moment, he was too desparate to get into that high school. As he came from a middle high who had an average ranking for its soccer team, he couldn't manage to get a recommendation to enter that high school. He was a bright and talented soccer player and even played as a regular for his school team. But, before he could shine at the next stage, his team lost before entering the semifinal for the annual Busan Middle School Soccer Competition. In the other word, in order to get into that high school, he needed to take the entrance exam like the other students too.

Taehyung sighed softly, twirling his hand twice before continued to write again. He stuck at a question which required a very long answer and fortunately, as a bright student, he could answer easily. But, the problem was, the answer space wasn't enough and he needed an extra paper. So, he chose to skip that question first and went to the next one.

He quietly raised his free hand, didn't bother to stop writing at all. His gesture gained attention by a few students nearby. They lifted up their head to see who was raising his hand before resuming to fill in the answers. That boy's eyes never left from the question paper until he noticed someone was standing on his right side.

"Yes?"

"Can I have an extra paper?"

That person who happened to be one of the adjudicators nodded and went to get a paper for him. After handing him the paper, the adjudicator went to approach another student who raised his hand too for an extra paper. 

Taehyung turned to look who was asking for that before he caught the person next to him wasn't answering the test. The latter was staring in front and mumbled absentmindedly. Seemed like he was having a difficulty on answering certain question.

Taehyung chose to focus back on his test paper. While answering, his mouth kept murmured about the formula and sentences in his head and his tongue poked his inner cheek. After he finished with his third last question, he lifted up his head and glanced at that boy next to him.

In just a few seconds, he studied that boy's features. He has fair white skin, baby cheeks and quite refined jawline. Plus, he owned black hair with slightly hint of browish hair, making him good looking enough. But, Taehyung began to realize that he didn't move an inch and kept staring in front.

Taehyung kept debating with himself, to help that boy or not. That boy seemed putting effort by trying to remember back the important formulas in his head as he kept mumbling since earlier. But, knowing that he hadn't move at all - to write something, Taehyung knew that he faced a problematic question. He looked at his own paper again and found that the two questions left were quite easy.

He left out a heavy breath and decided to peek which question that the boy next to him found troublesome. After knowing which one, Taehyung flipped his test paper until the page where the question was. He had already answered it.

Then, he looked around to know the adjudicators' positions and sighed in relief after realizing they were far from them. He peeked again at that boy before making a noise to gain his attention.

"Psst... Psst..."

Luckily that boy was aware that he had been called and turned to Taehyung. Taehyung pointed at that boy's paper and whispered 'C'. That boy's eyes widened and quickly at the question before thinking for awhile. In seconds, a smile plastered on his face and he made a thumb up at without meeting Taehyung's eyes.

Taehyung grinned in satisfaction and resumed to fill in the answer of the remaining questions.

 

Taehyung was talking to his fellow schoolmates who took the exam as well when the boy next to him in the examination hall approached him. That boy tapped his shoulder, resulting him halt from his conversation with his schoolmates.

"Yes? Ah, you." He exclaimed happily and flashed a friendly smile.

That boy replied his smile with a beam, making his eyes disappeared.

"Thank you for your C. I thought I had no hope anymore for that question and decided to leave it blank before you helped me."

Taehyung shook his head. "No. It's my pleasure to help you."

"Hope we can meet again in this school." That boy offered a handshake which Taehyung gladly shook it.

"Yes. I hope so. I'm Taehyung by the way."

"I'm Jimin. Park Jimin."

 


First Year

 

"JI... MIN... ..."

Taehyung called his new friend loudly while running along the school corridor, gaining squels from the girls as he ran passing them. Jimin face-palmed and quickly sped up his walk. After a moment, his body lunged forward involuntarily and found Taehyung slung his arms across his shoulders.

"Don't rub your sweat on my shirt, stupid."

Jimin scrunched and pinched his nose to avoid from smelling Taehyung's body odour. Taehyung made a face and purposely raised his arm and shoved his armpit at Jimin's face.

"It's not a disgusting thing, okay?"

Jimin pushed Taehyung's forehead hard and kicked his . "It's smelly, stupid."

Taehyung then chose to ignore Jimin's retort and smiled broadly. He wriggled his brows, silently asking Jimin to ask what had happened to him.

"Yeah, yeah. What had happened?" Jimin asked with uninterested expression.

"I'm selected to be a regular!" The latter boy jumped in happiness and spread his arms and legs before hugging Jimin.

Jimin couldn't help himself to chuckle and pat Taehyung's back. It was the same thing happened to him last two days ago.

Like Taehyung, Jimin determined to enter that high school because of their strong basketball team. Almost everyone knew that high school owned the most strongest basketball team under 18 in Busan. As an avid basketball player, he dreamed to join that basketball team and like Taehyung, he didn't get any recommendation from that school, so he took the entrance exam. And fortunately, he managed to enter that school.

Last two days before, the couch announced who would join as regular for their basketball team and after hella long self practises, he could secure a place as a regular. After the announcement from the couch, he quickly went to find Taehyung. Once he found that boy, he threw a ball towards Taehyung's head, let it bounced back to him and grinned broadly when Taehyung turned to curse at him. While saying 'say hello to this basketball regular', he received a loud happy shriek and bonebreaking hug from that latter boy.

His reaction wasn't as big as Taehyung did, but his happiness was equally high like his friend.

Everyone knew that being a first year student and not coming from famous middle school made them have disadvantage to secure a place as a regular in sports team, but Taehyung and Jimin proved that by lots of self practises and huge determination can lead them to succeed. Because of this too, both of them became more popular among the students.

Well, not only because of their attractive faces and their skills in their ace sports but their unusual friendship also made people wondered. Why? In that high school, soccer team and basketball team were being rivals as both of the teams always brought victory to their school. Because of that, both teams would fight which team would bring trophy more and at last, for past few years, they were being rivals.

The seniors of the seniors of their seniors started to warn their juniors not to make friends from the rival team. Of course some of them would disobey the warning, but most of them wouldn't show their relationship in public. They would receive severe punishments from the seniors so looking at Taehyung and Jimin's friendship, it was enough to make them wondered why both of them were allowed to be friends. 

Actually, they lied to their seniors, telling that they were coming from the same middle school and their moms were friends so they couldn't break their established friendship just because their seniors told them to. Being considerate, their seniors allowed them to be friends as long as they didn't reveal their team's secret plan of anything.

"Jimin! Let's skip classes and party! We should celebrate this!" Taehyung dragged Jimin out from the school building but stopped after Jimin knocked his head hard.

"Don't be stupid. We have English quiz and also Mr. Seokjin wants to give hints for the next History test." 

Taehyung pouted, making Jimin ruffled his head. "Don't worry. I'll make sure that we can have pizza and cokes tonight. Deal?"

"If it's meat and lots of cheese on top, it's a deal!"

A friend who acted like an older brother with another friend who was easy to take care with, isn't that the best one?

 


Second Year

 

"She's pretty though"

Jungkook, their junior appeared from nowhere and snatched a few French potatoes and shoved into his month. Taehyung and Jimin were watching The Beauty Inside, a Korean movie by using Jimin's laptop in Jimin's room. Jimin's roommate went to the town since it was weekend and the only time they could go outside the school legally, but both of the boys chose to stay in the dorm. Apparently Jungkook stayed too.

Oh, I forgot to tell that that their school is a boarding high school, so they have schedule when they could go outside or not. But, being a little bit rebellious, the boys usually went out illegally by climbing the fence. Well, it wasn't a big deal as long as they weren't caught.

Jimin and Taehyung were arguing about the main female character, Han Hyo Joo. Taehyung insisted that Han Hyo Joo is so pretty, while Jimin thought that she's quite ordinary, enough to piss Taehyung.

But, Jungkook chose to be in Taehyung's side, so Jimin was on the verge of losing. He furrowed his brows while thinking on how to win the argument.

"Boo! I told you that Hyo Joo noona is pretty!"

"You guys are so weird. She's just like a typical Korean. Well, since Park Seo Joon looks typical too, I think they're suited each other."

Taehyung rolled his eyes with annoyance. "To be honest, you just jealous with Seo Joon guy, right? That's why you don't want to admit that noona is pretty."

"Yeah. Yeah." Jungkook added and ate the potatoes again.

"I'm not!" Jimin raised his voice a little bit. "It's the fact, okay?"

"Jealous boy, stop pretending, Jimin. It's not cool." Taehyung clucked his tongue and popped the potatoes into the mouth. 

Jimin suddenly stood up, earning a look from Taehyung and his junior, Jungkook. "Fine. You win then."

Taehyung grinned and hi-fived with Jungkook who was proud to be in the winner team. Despite he was in basketball team, which means he was the actual junior of Jimin, not Taehyung, he loved to team up with Taehyung to pull a prank or tease Jimin.

"Where are you going then, loser?"

Jimin walked to the door and twisted the knob. "Well, checking whether your crush goes to the town or not."

Taehyung quickly sat up straight, putting a panicked look. "For what?"

The latter boy casually shrugged. "To tell you like her. Well, I'm a good friend, you know."

Taehyung gaped and lunged towards Jimin. "You win! You win!' He hugged Jimin's leg with desperate. "Hyo Joo noona just looks like a typical Korean. I admit that!"

Jimin smiled in triumphant and curled a fist. 'Yes'. Meanwhile, Jungkook just could face-palm and shook his head with disapprovement. Seemed like he went to a loser side on that day.

'Too bad.'

 


"She's pretty though."

"Yeah, we know." Jimin and Taehyung replied without bother to turn to look at the owner's voice. That younger boy kept appearing without notice but both of them were already familiar with it. Plus, they were distracted with a scene in front of them.

Jungkook slung his arms on his both seniors' shoulders. He stared at the same direction they looked and raised an eyebrow.

"So... Mind to share what happen?"

Taehyung pushed Jungkook's arm off his and sighed heavily. While Jimin chose to remain silent and patted Jungkook's head.

"What did I miss?"

Another sigh from Taehyung making him groaned and poked the older boy's rib. "What? What?"

"His crush is no longer available, Jungkook-ah."

Jungkook's eyes widened in surprise with Jimin's statement and he patted Taehyung's shoulder. He searched for Taehyung's crush and found her giggling with a boy who he couldn't recall his name. He pursed his lips and turned to Taehyung. Judging his disappointed face, no disappointed isn't the correct word to describe Taehyung's expression. That boy seemed so depressed and hung his head low. Jimin chose to pulled him away from the scene, followed by Jungkook behind. Both of them knew how long Taehyung had been crushed on her - Jisoo, so they realized how broken his heart was.

Without words, they urged Taehyung to follow them until the school fence. Then, they gestured him to climb over the fence, going outside illegally. It was two in the afternoon, too early to go outing illegally, but in order to cheer up the poor boy, they agreed that going out was a good choice.

"I'm okay, guys." Taehyung said while climbed half of the fence

Jimin shook his head and pushed Taehyung on . Combining with Jungkook's power, Jimin pushed the heartbroken boy over the fence, then both of the latter boys followed Taehyung.

"I'm sure that you guys want to cheer me up. But, it's okay. It's no big deal. I'll manage to brush this off later." Taehyung muttered something positive but his face said otherwise.

Jungkook eyed Jimin and after got the signal from the older boy, he nodded. He reached for his phone and quickly made a call.

"We aren't going out to cheer you, loser." Jimin faked a grin. "It's Yoongi hyung's birthday so we'll party all out today!" He continued and called Jungkook who had already finished calling.

"That's right, Taetae." Jungkook then pushed Taehyung from behind. "That't why you can't be lousy and sad. Yoongi hyung will kill you, you know what I mean."
Jimin patted Jungkook and showed a thumb up. Jungkook was indeed fast to make action despite of he's being a cocky junior.

Taehyung flashed a weak smile. He knew that both of them were lying about Yoongi's birthday. There's no way people will celebrate birthday twice in a year, right? They had celebrated Yoongi's birthday last month, and nearly caught by the school guards who patrolled the school around when they went back to the dorm late at night. 

Judging Jungkook and Jimin who were exchanging glances with each other, Taehyung knew that it was going to be a long day. Meat, karaoke, indoor baseball, pool... Just name it.

 

 

"Taetae, duck!" Jungkook pushed Taehyung's head down to join him and Jimin in the bushes.

Taehyung hissed and sent a dagger glare at the young boy. "Show your respect, . I'm your senior!"

Even though it was too dark as it was past the midnight already, Taehyung knew that Jungkook rolled his eyes. Then, he smacked Jungkook's head, well, he thought.

"Auw!" But Jimin was the one who howled in pain.

The school guard who was in charge turned to their direction and shone the light using a torchlight. 

"Come out, kids. I know you're there."

Jimin's howl was quite loud, enough to gain suspicious. The guard knew that there were few of students loved to go outside illegally and went back to school late at night. And if he managed to catch one, he could get extra money for that.

"Meowww..." Jungkook made a cat's sound, almost similar with a real cat. Well, Jungkook was being Jungkook, as sly as a fox.

The guard stood there awhile, thinking was it really a cat before walked away. Seemed Jungkook managed to trick the guard again on that night.

Both of the older boys let their breaths out after holding for minutes. They didn't dare to let any sound because they knew if they were caught, they needed to say good to practices and hi to detention for a week. And of course, their coaches would not be happy with them.

Jimin hit Taehyung's head hard, resulting a soft groan from that boy. Jungkook tried to shuush them but he failed and face-palmed because of these idiots. 

"That's your fault, idiot." Jimin scolded, ignoring the complaining from Jungkook about how loud both of them.

"It's Jungkook's fault. Not me." Taehyung rubbed his sore head and pouted.

Jungkook slapped Taehyung's arm. "That's because you didn't hide in the bushes, Taetae. You nearly made us getting caught."

Taehyung stretched his hand to pinch Jungkook's cheek. "Not because of that, idiot. I told you not to call me Taetae. It's Taehyung hyung, knucklehead."

Jungkook was about to retort but Jimin's sudden push on their head made him stop. They went silent for a moment when they head footsteps, followed by a flash of light towards their direction. The guard was back, and this time, Jimin was sure that he heard to their bicker, because his footsteps getting nearer.

"In my count, we

Please log in to read the full chapter