Way to Go!

Just Like Magic

||one||Way to Go!

 

 

 

“Yah, I’m taking my leave!”

The door of a small family owned restaurant swung open revealing a rowdy-looking teenage boy. The “boy” was actually a tall, twenty-one-year-old woman dressed in clothes hat hid her gender well. She had an extra-large white t-shirt with a black vest. On the vest was the shop’s logo; a red bowl of noodles with the words CHOI’S NOODLE SHOP in large, white, capital letters. She wore baggy cargo shorts and a pair of black and white checkered lace-less Vans shoes.

The woman grinned brightly, adjusting the red and white baseball cap atop her head. Hitching the shoulder bag that carried the food for her deliveries, she grabbed her skateboard that sat near the door and sped off.

The wind wildly whipped her face as she raced through the busy streets of Seoul on her small skateboard.

“Out of my way!” she shouted as bystanders screamed in surprised. A few of them cursed her out in which she responded with a few of her own favorite choice words.

She laughed joyously as she made her deliveries to the regular customers of her family’s restaurant, greeting everyone with bright smiles. Many of the ajummas around town loved her for her wit and charm (and the fact that she helped carry heavy things), while the younger children adored her for her child-like playfulness. She was known quite well around this area of Seoul.

“Ah, Sooyoung-ah. You’ve gotten so much taller!” A very old halmeoni complimented, grabbing a hold of Sooyoung’s arm. The tall girl gave the woman a toothy smile while pushing the head of young boy who was trying to wrestle her. The old woman frowned, shaking her head in disapproval. “But you’re so skinny! Isn’t your brother feeding you?”

Sooyoung chuckled, pulling the young boy under her arm in a headlock. “Ani, oppa’s feeding me well. I just have a fast metabolism!” She playfully wrestled the younger boy until he forfeited by smacking her arm. She released her hold on the boy and lightly pushed him.

The halmeoni shook her head again. “It’s not enough!” She clapped her hands together in revelation. “I want you to stop by later and I’ll make something for the three of you tonight.”

A large grinned spread across Sooyoung’s face at the thought of getting free food. “Gomawo, halmeoni! We’ll eat well!” She waved goodbye to the old woman and her grandson before stepping back on her skateboard to continue her deliveries.

Sooyoung loved this life. Greeting different people daily—she would never change it for the world.

“I’m back!” she yelled, throwing the shoulder bag in a pile of uniforms that sat under the cash register counter at the front of the restaurant. A young man waved brightly at Sooyoung and picked up the bag.

“How were deliveries, Sooyoung-sshi?” the man asked cheerfully and followed her to the back of the store.

“Same old, same old Sungmin,” she said, throwing an arm around the man who blushed in response.

“S-Sooyoung-sshi?” Sungmin stuttered in surprise as Sooyoung laughed, giving him a noogie.

“Sungmin, you’ve been working here for two months! Drop the honorifics already!” Sooyoung laughed harder seeing Sungmin’s flustered expression.

“Yah, babo! Let go of my worker,” a tall man said, lightly hitting Sooyoung’s head with a ladle. “Mianhe, Sungmin. Sooyoung-ah here doesn’t know the concept of personal space.” He flashed a charming, model-like smile to the smaller man.

“Arasseo, Siwon-sshi,” Sungmin said, freeing himself from Sooyoung’s hold. “Sooyoung-sshi is just being friendly. It’s okay with me.”

“Oppa, I’m hungry!” Sooyoung complained, rubbing her stomach. She jumped up remembering the halmeoni’s offer. “Ah! The halmeoni down the street offered to make us dinner tonight!”

Siwon sighed, as one of the workers handed him an order. He walked into the kitchen to prepare the order. “And you said, yes? Aigoo…what did I tell you about bothering other?”

“But she makes the best Seolleongtang (1)!” Sooyoung complained, resting her head on the counter. “Plus she loves us, so what’s the big deal?”

“Just help up out handing out the orders,” Siwon muttered, handing her a bowl of noodles. Sooyoung gave him her signature, toothy smile, grabbed the bowl and ran out front to serve the order.

“She sure is energetic,” the cook chuckled as Siwon signed, leaning against the counter.

“Aish, that girl’s lack of manners, it worries me, Key…” Siwon looked at his

Key smiled, patting Siwon on the back. “Yah, she isn’t that—“

“YAH! STOP STRUGGLING!” Key and Siwon looked through the kitchen and into restaurant. In the middle of the floor was Sooyoung wrestling someone.

“Sooyoung!” Siwon shouted, startled, running to help the man she was wrestling. It took Siwon, Key, and one of the waiters to pry Sooyoung off. “Key, Yesung, please take her to the back.”

“YAH! LET ME GO! THAT BASTARD DIDN’T PAY FOR HIS MEAL!” Sooyoung continued to kick and scream.

Once Sooyoung was in the back, Siwon bowed deeply to the man who was being helped by a waitress. “Jweshonghaminda. I apologize for that. Your meal is on the house, sir.”

The man had a look of arrogance and brushed his fine tailored suit. “Well, you should fire barbaric people like that. It’s terrible for business.”

Siwon’s eyebrow twitched. “Get out of here before I beat the crap out of you,” he said in a low, menacing voice. The man shivered in fear.

“Siwon-sshi!” the waitress scolded in surprise. She turned to the ma and said, “jweshonghaminda, but I think you should leave sir.” The waitress began pushing the man out of the restaurant in haste. She turned to her boss and glared. “That’s no way to treat a customer!”

“Mianhe, Luna. He insulted Sooyoung. I don’t know what came over me…” he sighed, bowing politely at the customers in the store.

“Aish…you Choi siblings…” Luna sighed, shaking her head.

 

 

=<>=

 

 

 

“Tiffany! Tiffany! Tiffany!” voices of differently people chanted as a sleek black limousine pulled up to a fancy hotel. A beautiful woman dressed in expensive clothes stepped out of the car. She had large white framed sunglasses on her face as she waved to her countless fans.

“WE LOVE YOU TIFFANY!” they all screamed at once. Tiffany just smiled at them as she entered the hotel.

Once inside, the smile she wore dropped. She took off her sunglasses and sighed. “I’m getting a headache, Taeyeon! Get me some aspirin.”

“Babo, I’m not your assistant. I’m your manager,” a small woman in a grey business suit snapped, playing with her phone. Tiffany rolled her eyes before one of her bodyguards handed her the medicine and a bottle of water.

“Yah, you’re lucky that you’re my friend, Taeyeon. Otherwise I would have fired your ,” Tiffany said as they entered the elevator. Taeyeon ignored her and began listing off the things Tiffany needed to do.

“At noon you have a CF filming, then at 1 you have a press conference about the drama you starred in, after that you have a book signing at 3, and at 4 you’re helping out at an orphanage. After all that’s done, you have a break for two hours before you have to rehearse for the charity event you’re preforming at which starts at 7. Any questions?” Taeyeon said throughout the ride to the Tiffany’s suite.

“Can I not do any of that crap?” Tiffany asked as the doors to the elevator opened.

“You know what I’m going to say next, right?” Taeyeon glared, stepping out of the elevator. Tiffany stayed inside the elevator. “Wae, come on. You have an hour before you start working.”

Tiffany pulled out a pair of sweats from inside her purse. “I’m going to explore the city.” She pressed the down button and waved. “Alone.”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened as she tried to leap into the elevator to stop the star. She was too late, for the elevator doors closed shut. “Aish…”

Tiffany grinned in triumph, slipping into the sweats. They were rather plain so she hoped no one would disturb her in her adventure in the city. She casually slipped passed the front desk and into the front of the hotel unnoticed. Her fans kept screaming even though they couldn’t recognize the superstar.

She lifted her hood once she was out of the hotel’s range and smirked. “Idiots.”

Unknownst to Tiffany, someone was following her. 

 

 

=<>=

 

 

 

Incheon International Airport. It was loud and filled with people leaving and returning to Seoul. At the baggage claim, stood a young man with an expressionless look on his face. He had a sophisticated air surrounding him. He wore a taupe colored blazer over a plain white dress shirt with simple black jeans and ankle boots.

The young man grabbed his luggage, exiting through the automatic doors. Bustling with many people, he looked around and spotted someone holding a sign with his name. He smirked and approached the person with the sign.

“Welcome back to Korea, Kyuhyun!” a puffy-cheeked young man greeted, waving the poster happily. Kyuhyun shook his head and took the poster.

“Yah, what’s with the cheap sign, Henry?” He held the sign to get a better look at it. The sign looked as if it were decorated by a five year-old girl, covered in glitter. In brown marker, the words, Welcome home, Kyuhyun! stood out against the white paper.

“It’s better than nothing,” Henry shrugged, taking the poster back. “So how’ve you been, man? How was Europe?”

Kyuhyun shrugged, as the two men left the airport. “How it usually is. Wet. How has it been here? Have you guys been practicing?”

“Aigoo, you haven’t even been here for five minutes and you immediately talk about music?” Henry lightly punched Kyuhyun shoulder.  “If you must know, we’re doing quite well. But it hasn’t been the same without our pianist.”

Kyuhyun smirked. “You know one of the colleges in England offered me a scholarship to attend their university. I could have left you here all alone.”

Henry rolled his eyes. “Yah, just because you’re the best doesn’t mean you have to be so cocky about it.” Kyuhyun chuckled putting his bags into the trunk of Henry’s car. “And plus, you need me. Without me, there wouldn’t be Seoul’s greatest classical duo: Cho Kyuhyun, the genius on piano and Henry Lau, the gorgeously handsome violinist.”

“Gorgeously handsome violinist? Psh, yeah right,” Kyuhyun smirked, placing his hand on Henry’s face.

“The ladies love me,” Henry popped the collar of his shirt. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, and shoved his face.

“Yah, you’re the egotistical one, not me, babo.” Kyuhyun stepped into the passenger seat of Henry’s car. “Now Mr. Handsome Violinist, take me to some place where there’s food. I’m hungry. And then you can tell me more about the how the classical music department at school is doing.”

Henry entered the driver’s side and held a finger up. “First, it’s Mr. Gorgeously Handsome Violinist. And second, there’s this awesome noodle shop I’ve been crazy about recently…”

 

 

=<>=

 

 

 

“Sulli! Wait up!” A fairly pretty young girl turned around at the sound of her name. She was wearing her school’s uniform; a navy blazer with the school’s emblem, a plaid skirt and a red tie.

The sun was setting as Choi Sulli was walking home alone. She paused, waiting for the person who called her name to catch up. “Annyoung, Krystal.”

“You walk too fast!” Krystal complained breathlessly, resting her hands on her thighs. “Why are you in a rush anyway?”

Sulli shook her head, “I need to help oppa and eonni at the restaurant.”

“You’re seventeen and a second year in high school! Can’t you be a teenager for once in your life?” Krystal pouted, crossing her hands across her chest. “Minho got us tickets to see a local band play tonight and I wanna go since Lee Joon-oppa is going to be there.”

Sulli raised a thin eyebrow. “Minho? As in Choi Minho? I thought you hated that guy.”

Krystal rolled her eyes. “Che, the guy is hopeless. And can’t take no for an answer. Actually, I was going to reject his offer tonight, but when I found out Lee Joon-oppa was going to be there I had to say yes. So please? Be a teenager for once in your life?”

Krystal gave Sulli her infamous puppy-eyed pout and sighed. “Aish, you know I can’t go against aegyo…” Krystal squealed, hugging her best friend.

“YAY! And I heard this band’s pretty good too!” she took out her phone and began texting something. “It’s tonight at 8 at the Blue Ribbon Club. Don’t be late!” she yelled, before dashing away.

Sulli smiled, shaking her head. Krystal was always so energetic. “Wait…how am I going to tell oppa that I’m going to a club?”

 

 

=<>=

song: way to go! - girls' generation

(1)- Seolleongtang is a beef bone stock is simmered overnight then served with thinly sliced pieces of beef. Usually served in a bowl containing dangmyeon (cellophane noodless) and pieces of beef. (courtesy of Wikipedia)

A/N: Minhyuk didn’t make an appearance in this chapter, sorry :c But he’s defiantly gonna be in the next one I promise! Thank you to those who subscribed! Special thanks to OoChiBi07, fymemine, and Ddooyoung for commenting!

Please keep reviewing for more!

Oh this is shameless promotion on an English cover I did of Star by Kang Minhyuk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qkdnfsyZAY