Chapter 1

Alternative Universe

The hot windy air of summer breeze fell down upon the grounds, rising up to the faces of people walking down the street, busy bodies walking on the crowded crossroad of Korea, one of them was a woman that is not so tall, but not that short, she has a slightly long dark brown tresses, she has a chocolate colored locks with a slight tint of black, she was wearing a silky dark purple skirt with a slit just at the bottom right, a white polo tucked in with a black folded neck tie just above the third button of her Polo shirt, and shiny black sandals with small heels to fit her outfit. A sigh escaped her lips as she tucked the strands of her hair between her ears as she focused on avoiding people from bumping into her. She held her bag tightly while her lips, her phone ringing, vibrating inside the pocket of her pants, removing her free hand from her coat, she reached for her phone  and gently gripped on it, curiously peeking who it is, she expected it. Yongsun smiled as she saw the caller ID.

"Hey Byul, I'm on my way." A giggle was heard from her as she slid her phone back to her pocket, currently walking on a sidewalk, turning left just beside the walls with plants above it, passing by people who is also in a hurry, some were taking a stroll with their dogs that never failed to make Yongsun coo in awe and make her heart warm as well, even if she had Jjing-Jjing, Yongsun came into a conclusion that all dogs are gentle fragile creatures that are meant to be treasured and babied because they're just too adorable and sweet, well isn't that something normal in the mindsets of humans? 

Yongsun smiled along the way while effortfully dragging her feet as she saw her--no, their shared apartment, her and her bestfriend, Moon Byul Yi.

"Finally…" She huffed, resting her hand on her back, pushing it for a stretch.

"Aigoo, this Halmoni." Yongsun jumped a bit, furrowing her eyebrows as She turned her face to the famillar voice, she gently smacked Byul's shoulders, Byul jokingly groaned in pain.

"Yah! Byul Yi! Respect your Unnie!" Yongsun announced sarcastically, Byul laughed, making Yongsun's heart flutter.

"Sorry, I will respect my "Elders" from now on, "Unnie"." Emphasizing the pointed words, Byul truly had no fears, earning another smack from her "Unnie".

Yongsun pouted, but she cannot be mad for long, Yongsun loved Byul so much that she can't stay mad or angry at this adorable hamster. She looked back at Byul who was smiling, her front teeth displayed above her lips looking like a dork, she wore her black cap backwards, she gripped on her loosen hoodie. She was also bare faced, still beautiful anyways, charming too.

"I'm tired, gladly back home…" Yongsun sighed, Byul giggled and grabbed her back to support her, Yongsun was about to smack her again, surely Byul was teasing her for being old but no, instead, she took Yongsun's bag and things, acting all gentle manly like how she is, she plastered a silly smile after her lips that Yongsun did NOT followed with her locks.

"I'll carry this, Unnie, come on, let's go up so you can rest." Yongsun nodded, her arms were fiddling with the buttons of her coat, bowing her head a bit to hide the tint of red on her face. 

'Calm down, Yongsun.' She talked to herself, balling her hand into a fist while resting it on her chest. She regained her normal self and jogged a bit to catch up with Byul, showing her best grin, since she knew she's currently the happiest woman because she had the best bestfriend ever, that…you know, she wishes to own.

 'You're so close, yet so far.' Words ran into her thoughts, she nudged her head, smacking her face gently, rolling her eyes at Byul's back, it seemed so alluring and relaxing, she felt really safe whenever she's with Byul, she wanted it to last forever.

But she knows it's impossible.

"Unnie?" Byul's voice snapped Yongsun back to reality, Yongsun stared at Byul's melting gaze, she smiled while Byul still looked at her with worry.

"Are you okay, Unnie?" Byul asked in a concerned tone, followed by Yongsun humming,  still smiling.

"I'm okay~ when we get back, massage my back for me." Yongsun's walking was resumed, Byul followed after a giggle escaped her lips while happily nodding.

 


≫------><------≪
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

 

"Nghh~ Byul, harder!" A moan escaped from her lips, blood rushing up to her face, gawking in pleasure while her back arching.

"Here…Unnie?" Byul asked between pants, pointing the spot for Yongsun to feel, which she nodded, Byul proceeded to press her thumbs in a circling manner then slightly pulling her thumbs down, tracing her back beside the spine while Byul's fingers were massaging the shoulders of Yongsun gently but hardly as possible.

"Does it hurt…Unnie?" Byul asked in concern, Yongsun nodded before as Byul pressed her thumbs again, Byul smiled as she focused on Yongsun's back, keeping up her phase which pleased her beloved Unnie.

"Byul, that's enough, thank you so much…" Yongsun leaned on Byul's neck while she stretched her arms up,she grinned at Byul, holding Byul's arm and hugging on it, then she realized that she's doing something that her heart can't even process. 

Byul warmly smiled as she wrapped her arms around Yongsun, enveloping her into a hug, Byul placed her chin on Yongsun's shoulders like it was hers, her territory, where she can be herself and where she felt protected, safe and relaxed the most.

"How's work, Unnie?" Byul's breath explored Yongsun's neck, making shivers down her spine, Yongsun blushed, thankfully her face was turned so Byul can't see her tomato red face,it made her smile, Byul herself and her actions, forgetting about the stress and the stuffs that occurred earlier.

"It wasn't good, but it wasn't that bad either…it's just…it's stressing me out, Byul." Followed by a sigh, Byul caressed Yongsun's hair, tucking her strands between her ear, Byul tightened her grip on the hug, she kissed Yongsun's cheeks, making the latter die inside.

"Wanna do something fun? Lets go out to eat or stuff… Or rest…since you're stressed, Unnie." 

Yongsun wholeheartedly smiled, slightly shaking her head, then she turned her face to Byul, Byul hummed, her arms relaxed on Yongsun's stomach, their arms tangled below her chest, She blew on Byul's bangs, making her look at Yongsun weirdly while Yongsun just chuckled, releasing her inner Dolphin laugh.

"No need Byul, I'm fine already since you're here." Byul's eyes widened by Yongsun's words, her face heated up, gladly unnoticed by Yongsun who's gaze was now turned back.

'If only you realize, Unnie, just one touch of your skin makes me melt, just one gaze at your smile awakens the butterflies in my stomach, mostly when you laugh, I feel like my heart is going to burst. Why are you so close yet so far? Unnie, it's unfair.' 

Byul smiled, brushing her lips on Yongsun's hair.

"Okay, want me to buy you those spicy ricecakes?" Byul said excitedly.

"Nah, stay with me here longer, please?" Yongsun wanted to be enveloped by Byul in warmth forever, but that isn't possible, she wanted to be selfish for just a little while, she closed her eyes as she hugged Byul's warm arms, leaning unto Byul's neck.

"Sure…Yongsun." Byul smiled as she found her gaze on Yongsun's 
adorable sleeping face,she knew it was an Angel…No, a Goddess beside her, Byul felt guilty, she thought she was taking advantage of the moment, Yongsun was fulfilling Byul's desires, at least that's what she wants, she can be selfish for a bit, nobody could stop her now. Byul also closed her eyes and both of them drifted off to sleep together, exploring dreamland.

 

≫------><------≪
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

 

"Paperwork…paperwork…paperwork." Yongsun mumbled to herself, cursing her boss under her breath, she has to work, she has a brother to support in Highschool, Byul was supporting her as well, which she's very thankful of, Byul was running a café just close to their street, she inherited the café from her parents, since the café was sometimes a hit, Byul doesn't hesitate to give Yongsun the half, both of them are stubborn as hell, so sometimes they fight about it but they always make up after couple of minutes, making Yongsun accept the money. Yongsun felt real guilty, but she kept reminding herself that she wasn't a burden even if it's hurting her.

"Byul Yi…What am I supposed to do…?" She muttered, pouting her lips, her hands on her chin, supporting her head after scratching her scalp furiously, groaning to herself, indeed she felt like going crazy, but she had to do this, for her and her remaining family.

Yongsun was still in High school that time, she went home from a friend's house, she found her brother inside her parent's room, crying, Yongsun stood there in shock that time, she saw her parents hanged up on a rope, tied up on the ceiling fan.

"If only I came home much earlier…if only…" She swallowed her tears, she can't tear up in the office, she needs to work, she knows she needs to, her Brother needs her the most. She wiped her few tears and forced a smile, thinking of Byul while closing her eyes, trying to motivate herself, that she has Byul, and Byul is there for her.

'But soon she will leave and support someone else.' Yongsun massaged her fore head, her head was in pain, her heart was tearing apart but she managed to hold back her tears.

"Ms. Kim! Boss wanted to see you." A guy announced, followed by a chuckle, people were whispering about her being in trouble, truthfully they hate her, she doesn't know why but there's couple of women who never liked her since she was popular with the guys in the office, maybe that's the reason why false rumors were spreading all around the building about Her being a , a , that she sleeps with the Boss to keep her job. She wanted to quit, but no other jobs accepts her, this was her only hope, she can't be a burden to Byul.

Yonsun sighed as she stood up from her seat and dropped her papers on her desk, she ignored the murmurings around her and just went straight ahead of her Boss' office, regaining her composture, she knocked on the door and entered with confidence.

"Sir? You wanted to see me?" Yongsun asked.

"Yes, Ms. Kim, please sit." Her Boss replied.

Yongsun nodded and took a seat, facing her boss, her fingers fidgeting, playing with the sleeves of her shirt.

"I'll be direct, Ms. Kim, rumors of you sleeping with me are scattering, it even reached my co-partners, they didn't liked what they heard." He Bluntly exclaimed.

This was it, what Yongsun is afraid of, she was having a harsh day, God knows, hopefully, this wasn't the stuff she doesn't want to hear.

"I'm sorry but I have to fire you, you're a good worker but I gotta let you go, I'm  sorry." 

Yongsun forced to plaster a smile but it didn't worked on her Boss, her Boss knew what she was going through, he sighed, reaching for his pockets and handing Yongsun a white envelope.

"Here's your monthly pay, since its almost that time of the month, Farewell, Ms. Kim."
Yongsun didn't hesitated, since she worked for it, she just bowed and lifelessly left the room, she saw her co-workers laughing, hiding their giggles, others were smirking and smiling.

'You guys are happy now? Good for you guys.' Yongsun was too dry to tired to cry, she wanted to rest, she wanted to go back to Byul's arms. 

Grabbing her bag and the few stuffs of hers in her office, she looked at her table and huffed, she won't miss this, in fact, she's quite glad to leave these awful people around her, but she is indeed in trouble right now, how she will manage, all her thoughts traveled to her mind, she felt like fainting, still keeping up her composure, she entered the elevator, people were staring at her. She waited for the elevator to be fully closed, Yongsun landed on her knees on the very moment, she gripped on her chest, choking on her tears.

"Argh!!" She groaned, beads of tears rolled dow her cheeks, she was almost at the ground floor, she tried to stand up, successfully up on her feet, she wiped her tears, panting between chuckles, she went out of the elevator when it landed down.

"Just a few more steps till home, Byul, come on, you can do it." Whispering to herself, gripping on her fists.

 

≫------><------≪
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

 

"Goodmorning! May I take your order~?" Byul smiled, didn't bother to look at her customer, focusing on the notebook, brain storming, thinking of what she should buy for Yongsun for her upcoming birthday. She heard hiccups and snorts coming from her customer that's just right in front of her, Byul looked up in concern, Her eyes widened, surprised to see who it was, she quickly left the counter, removing her stained apron and enveloping the crying girl in a warm hug.

"Shhh, Yongsun, it's okay, it's okay, I'm right here…" Byul whispered on Yongsun's ear, Yongsun gripped on Byul's shirt, soaking her sleeves, there weren't a lot of customers, but there were few who looked worried, Byul smiled at them and mouthing that it was nothing.

"Yongsun, lets talk at the back." Byul caressed Yongsun's cheeks, smiling at Yongsun, reassuring her she's safe, Byul wiped away the tears coming out of her eyes, Yongsun nodded, biting her lips. 

"Okay." Byul kissed Yongsun's temple, then looked at her sincerely, People inside the café cooed under their breaths, at least smiling warmly, the cute scene making their day, though not for Yongsun.

Yongsun followed Byul while gripping on Byul's soft hands, they finally entered the storage room where they can have privacy, peace and quiet.

"What's the matter, Unnie?" Byul's face was slightly scrunched up, her eyes filled with worry, Yongsun hugged the younger, Byul wrapped her arms as a reply.

"I got fired." 

Byul was shot aback with her thoughts, she knew that her Unnie is in pain and in a lot of stress, this was the worst thing that could happen to her Unnie, anything might occur soon too, Byul hugged Yongsun, rocking her while the older cries, brushing her fingers on Yongsun's hair, she wanted to comfort her Unnie, she doesn't really know what to do for her now that she's broken, but for Yongsun, this was enough to make her calm down, Yongsun wanted to confess so bad, but the latter might reject her, crushing herself even more and more which she know she cannot take, she's been through a lot, she didn't want to lose Byul, so she gotta hold back.

"Want me to close the shop early and go home? You need to rest, Unnie." Yongsun jerked her head, sniffing, her eyes tightly shut.

"No, no, finish your shift, customers might be waiting outside…I want to distract myself, can I help around the café?" Yongsun asked, her voice still cracking, it wasn't steady, making Byul's heart ache.

"You know what, have a seat and I'll serve you my specialty! How about that?" Byul smiled, her gaze is outside the door windows, while her mind and her heart focused on Yongsun.

Yongsun nodded, Byul chuckled and grabbed Yongsun's shoulders, giving Yongsun her warmest smile, Yongsun wiped her tears and smiled as well, Byul still looked like a dork, but it calmed her down, it was something nice, it's another part of Byul, the only person who have seen it was Yongsun, and only for Yongsun, knowing her heart is only for hers alone.

 

≫------><------≪
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

 

"Ma'am, here's your coffee, caramel Mocha with cream on the top! Chocolate toppings…And! Jajaaaan! Strawberry topped muffin with a cherry on the top." Byul proudly smirked, which made Yongsun laughed cutely, her face was a mess but that didn't stop her from being beautifully adorable.

"Are you sure this is good? Miss Moon?" She teasingly asked.

"Of course! Are you judging my brewing, Miss Kim?" Coming from her nose, her brows were jokingly furrowed.

"Ohhh, then I'll try your "Specialty" then." Emphasizing the word, she smiled and took a sip after blowing, Byul looked at the older , she was amused at every reactions Yongsun made while sipping on the coffee, Byul smirked, she knew Yongsun would love this.

Yongsun widened her eyes as the sweet mocha explored , it was hot but the flavor touched her tongue,  the sweet chocolate was tasted along with the creamy sensation of the foamy coffee, it was indeed the best, buy of course, she has to deny it.

"Not really good." Yongsun placed down the mug, looking at Byul like a critic, Byul stood there speechless, still grinning at her Unnie, Byul mouthed "Oh." Mockingly.

"Really then, Unnie…you have cream on top of your lips." She leaned in closer, making Yongsun blushed at the actions of the younger, making her flinch.

"Gotcha, unnie!" Byul chuckled, holding on her stomach, Yongsun pouted in embarrassment, she gotta do something somehow.

"F-Fine…this is…slightly good! Okay! I'll let this one go." Yongsun held on her muffin, trying to sip on it, realizing that it wasn’t the mug she's holding, making the younger giggle again.

"Whatever you say, Unnie~" Byul smiled, she turned her head as a customer approached the counter.

"Oh! Be right back, Unnie! Gotta serve a customer~" Yongsun nodded, Byul smirked and waved at the older before going back to the counter.

"What's your order, dear sir?" She asked, while approaching the counter.

Yongsun chuckled at the scene, Byul was indeed enjoying her job, it made Yongsun happy as well, gently sipping on her coffee while looking outside, what happened earlier was done, she knew she had to move on, nothing would happen.

"Okay…let's do this." Yongsun mumbled to herself, her lips curled between the edge of the mug, watching the people on the streets surfing with the crowd, cars were busy as well, summer was near, heat was radiating outside, it was clearly visible if you look from a far.

Yongsun saw a black silhouette, it's just steadily standing between the crowd, Yongsun rubbed her eyes to make sure she wasn't dreaming, it was still there, looking at her.

"What the hell-----" before she could finish, a loud bang outside was heard, but people still acted normal, Yongsun gripped on her head and winced in pain, a sharp sound was  forming in her ears, Byul was aware, rushing up to the older, asking her what's wrong, she was worried sick for Yongsun.

"You-you didn't felt that? You didn't heard that loud bang?" Yongsun asked, still holding herself, Byul shook her head.

There it was again.

Byul widened her eyes, she felt the ground move, she heard it as well.

"Unnie, what the hell was that?" Yongsun was glad she wasn't the only one who heard that, she thought she was going crazy.

"I don't know, Byul…" Customers were looking at each other, terrified, confused and worried.

After couple of minutes, the loud sound wasn't felt or heard again, people outside brushed it off and decided to walk faster to go home, Byul packed up since the customers wanted to go home as well, what was that? Nobody knew, everyone was rushing to their homes for there might be something dangerous waiting to happen.

 

≫------><------≪
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

 

6 months have passed, Byul was supporting Yongsun at Job hunting, she even insisted Yongsun to just work at the café but Yongsun hesitated, told Byul that she didn't want to be a burden, mostly if Byul is gonna pay her. They didn't continued the topic any longer since it would just lead into an argument.

The loud Bang was heard all over the world, scientists explained that it was just a a phenomenon that happened under the sea in every ocean, which people believed, though Yongsun saw something weird that day, before that noise occurred, there was this weird shadow staring at her, she consulted Byul with that, but both of them didn't approached the authorities since they might do something weird, so they kept it to themselves.

Nothing happened so far, but in that 6 months, there were news about a new idol group who just debuted, as what we heard, they were amazing, though they haven't shown their faces in public yet, there were some pictures but they were wearing mascaras, I think its from their first music video, they're a group of talented women, some people approached me and Byul once, mistaking us as the two members of the group, they weren't so sure but they told us we looked like the two members, which was hilarious, we just laughed it off and told them that was impossible since we're just someone average, walking down the street.

Yongsun flashed a smile, she was beside Byul, they were taking a stroll, it was currently summer, they were chatting while roaming around the town where there's food stalls everywhere, then someone who was walking accidentally brushed their shoulders on mine, it was also crowded, my heart flutters overtime we move since I was holding Byul's hands to prevent ourselves from losing each other.  

"…Byul, did you saw that?" I asked her, leaning to her ears so she can hear.

"No, Unnie." Byul tried searching for the person Yongsun mentioned.

"She looked like me, Byul." Yongsun was creeped out, she held on Byul's hands tighter.

"Unnie, you might be seeing things, and you know someone won't be as beautiful as you." Byul chuckled.

"So greasy! Even in public!" Yongsun cringed.

"Well, someone could be beautiful as you if their name is Kim Yongsun." Byul's nose was scrunched up, smiling, earning a smack from Yongsun.

"Stop it, Byul Yi." Yongsun chuckled as well.

The day ended, the two of them almost emptied out the vendor's stock of Takoyaki , they went home and drank Sake, Cheongju and Makgeolli, gladly, Yongsun didn't confess even if she was so drunk, she was the first one to pass out, her body was scattered on the floor, Byul did her mischievous plan, she drew and scribbled on Yongsun's pretty face when the latter fell asleep, feeling tipsy herself, she also passed out after mumbling.

"I love you, Yeba."

 

Loooollll, new record 3.7k words! Hopefully you enjoyed this! Though it how it didnt copy those italic letters, and didnt place thos extras on the middle, it , mostly when you type here in the site using mobile, the screen just goes up and down, AFF should make their own mobile app, that would be something nice. So sorry i wasnt able to update yesterday, was busy listening to the live audio stream of the MOOSICA! Yup, that's my one and only reason xD I'll do couple of school work them update the other! Thank you for reading~! 

Ill just re edit if ever i get to use the pc, no net, so im struggling on updating my stories because of the connection