Chapter 1

Let's Play!!

So, here is the first chapter. I've abandoned this story and decided to start writing again, and I made lots of changes since the last time I posted this like...3 years ago?. 

A few requests.

First of all, English is not my first language. So there will be grammatical mistake(s). I apologise in advance for that. And instead of bashing me, I'm hoping that you will point it out so that I can improve.

I'm also hoping that you readers will give review that will help me improve my writing, please be as honest as possible, just don't be mean. 

I love all of my subscribers, in fact, I'm thankful because you decide to subscribe. But update might not be often, depending on my ideas and my free times, so please bear with me. 

I hope we will communicate nicely along the way, and i hope you will enjoy reading my story.

Thank you and enjoy reading.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cho Kyuhyun blinks himself awake from his sleep, vaguely aware of the papery smell of the comic book he had left opened on top of his face. Not bothering to remove the comic, he lay there for a moment,taking in the smell each time he inhales. Then he remembers that he is not in his room. He is not supposed to be alone either. But it's quiet around him.

He pulls himself to a sitting position, letting the comic book drop to the floor. He stares at the sight that greets him. The other had left him in the middle of their mess. Sighing, Kyuhyun picks one of the bottles that still has it contents and takes a few big gulps to finish it off. 

Living in a place with quite a number of persons beside him, it is too quiet to his liking. The adults are either out or in the staff quarters, but their absence don’t bother him as much as the absence of other kids. There's still light outside, and even though the temperature is close to freezing, they are most probably outside. 

A little miffs that they did not even bother to wake him up, Kyuhyun run down the stair, only stopping to grab his coat in the main entrance closet. He then proceeds to the dining area as it is closer to exit through the kitchen than going through the main entrance. Lost in his thought, he absent mindedly push the kitchen swinging door. He feels it hit something solid, and someone cried out in pain.

“Ow, watch it!”

Startled, Kyuhyun holds the door open as Heechul emerges from behind the door. He smiles sheepishly at the scowling Heechul.

“Sorry Hyung.”

Heechul ignores him and continues rubbing his sore shoulder

“I’m gonna get back at you if I got bruise,” Heechul warns.

Someone pushes Heechul from behind, and he stumbles a few steps. Heechul looks back angrily at the person and come face to face with a grinning Hankyung.

“What? You’re blocking the way.”

Heechul grumbled as he move further into the dining room, letting Hankyung past. Hankyung grabs one of the water bottles line on a counter, greedily gulping the water down.

“Ah! That was refreshing.”

“Hyung, did you guys just came in from outside?” Kyuhyun asks. Hankyung takes another few big gulps of the water before shifting his attention to Kyuhyun.

“Yep. The others are still outside, if you want to join them,”

Kyuhyun sighs. It has been just two weeks after New Year and the air is still freezing. The others are most probably bundled up in their coat and scarves, yet they still choose to stay outside.

“Why can’t you guys just play inside?” he whines.

“Inside is boring,” Hankyung said. Heechul merely smirk.

Leaving the two to themselves, Kyuhyun grumbles as he walks toward the basketball court and watches the other boys run around shouting and laughing. He shivers when a sudden gush of wind blows, tousling his already messy hair. Shoving his hands deep into his coat’s pocket, Kyuhyun jogs slowly toward the other boys.

Sungmin grins as he sees Kyuhyun, and embraces him in a bear hug.

“Kyu! You’re awake!”

“Why can’t you guys just play inside? Where it’s warm?” Kyuhyun repeated his earlier question while trying to push Sungmin off of him. But Sungmin wouldn’t budge.

“We’re about to go inside anyway. It’s getting colder.” Leeteuk says.

“Really? Good. By the way, did you hear that someone new is coming today?” At that point, everyone attention had been turned to him.

Sungmin turns to face the others while pushing Kyuhyun behind him, shielding the younger boy.

“Whoa. I’m sure he doesn’t know everything, right Kyu?”

“Umm, yeah. I just heard the adults talking, so if you’re expecting me to tell you his name or…whatever, I can’t tell you.”
The others back away, mostly because they know that Sungmin, despite his childish and cute behaviour most of the time, is able to kick their if he wants to.

“Look like we have to wait then,” Leeteuk said, eyeing Donghae and Eunhyuk who were still running around energetically, passing a ball between them, grinning ear to ear while repeating ‘we can’t wait’ over and over.

Shaking his head at their ridiculous behavior, he his heel and walked towards the mansion. Without a word, everyone followed suit.

 

--------------------

 

A few hours later, all of them, except for Kyuhyun who were too caught up with his computer game to realize he was late for dinner, are sitting in the dining room, eating, laughing, talking, and for some, fighting with each other.

“Annyeong,” the room fell into silent as someone walked in, greeting them. All attention turned to Lee Yoon, one of the school staff. Someone follows behind him, much to the excitement of the boys. The kid stood beside Lee Yoon silently, scanning the room once before staring straight ahead, face void of any emotion.

“Yoon hyung, is he the new student?” Sungmin asks.

Amusement fill Lee Yoon eyes as he looks from Sungmin and the kid beside him.

“Nothing stays a secret in this place. But,” he grabs the baseball cap the kid is wearing and removes it before the latter can stop him. Without the brim of the cap covering half ‘his’ face, everyone in the room can see that he is actually a she, though some may still mistaken her for a boy by the way she dress up.

“Oh. I’ll rephrase my question. Is she the new student?”

The girl was trying to make a grab for the cap that Lee Yoon was holding out of her reach. She frowns when Lee Yoon laughingly put it on his own head before turning to the others in the room.

“Yes. Everyone, this is Sora. Sora, this is everyone.” He turns to scowling Sora, grinning at her. “I'll take my cap back, thank you. Your first assignment here is to memorize these boys names before the end of the week. It shouldn’t be too hard for you, am I right?” Lee Yoon raises his eyebrows, and the girl’s scowl deepen.

 “Now, if you’ll excuse me,” he ruffles Sora’s head before turning on his heels and left the room.

The girl follows Lee Yoon movement with her eyes, sighing. Turning back to face the others in the room, she come face to face with a smiling Leeteuk.

“Annyeong,” Leeteuk stretches out his hand toward Sora. She stares warily at it, and Leeteuk laughs.

“I’m not gonna bite,” he says, and to prove it, takes her hand in his and give it a little shake. “See?”

Still failing to get any response from the girl, Leeteuk gestures toward the dining table, where some foods are still available “Why don’t you get something to eat?”

Shaking her head, she turns to leave the room. She stops in her track as she notices someone running down the hall toward the room. As the person got closer, she looks down toward the ground and broke into a small run, ignoring the other person as she walks past.

Kyuhyun looks at the running girl, then at Leeteuk.

“The new kid?”

Leeteuk nodded.

Shrugging, he walks to an empty seat beside Sungmin, where a plate full of food is already waiting for him. He frowns at the vegetables pile in the plate and send an accusing glare at Sungmin.

“You did this on purpose. I need meats.”

Sungmin shrugged. “It’s all that I can save. Not my fault that you come down late for dinner.”

Sighing, Kyuhyun shoveled the food down his throat. “That new kid is not really friendly, is he?”

“It’s a girl. Her name is Sora.”

“A girl?"

“Yes. And I’m sure she’ll be fine in a few days. Mostly she just look a little freak out.”