final

Minseok's paradise

 

Minseok didn’t like to think that he was stranded on an island, he only ever addressed it as a “long vacation by myself” when he talked to his favorite coconut that was dented in just the right places, giving it the happiest expression that always had Minseok talking to it.

 

Vacations are supposed to be fun.

 

That got a giggle out of Minseok as he plopped in the sand next to it.

 

“I am having fun!” He made a point of showing how much fun he was having by throw sand playfully at the fruit, laughing even more when he heard the coconut giggle. The pearly white sand hugged his body as Minseok laid back, covering the bright sun with his hand.

 

Wanna go swimming?

 

Minseok grinned. The coconut was cradled in his arms as he hopped his way down the beach to the sparkling water of the sea, gasping when the cool water tickled his toes. Minseok wandered deeper into the water before carefully leading the coconut into the water, making sure it didn’t float away.

 

“You at swimming.” He pointed out as he dove after the fruit for the third time. “Maybe this was a bad idea…”

 

No! Look at how much fun I’m having!

 

Minseok frowned as he watched the coconut bob, it’s face kept falling below the surface and popping up, scaring him. He wouldn’t let his friend drown.

 

“I have a better idea,” He scooped up the coconut and let his body be pushed with the water back to the beach. Minseok barely noticed his soaking wet clothes, actually grateful for them since it blocked out some of the heat. His feet were covered with a thin layer of sand as he wandered past their usual sitting spot, marked by a makeshift bed made out of long palm tree leaves and a smooth rock.

 

I don’t think we should…

 

Minseok ignored the fruit as the ground beneath him went from sand to dirt. The air was cool here, palm trees and like shading the area from the scorching sun.

 

Minseok let’s go back.

 

He only shook his head. Minseok was stubborn, and he refused to waste his vacation by listening to only what his friend wanted to do.

 

Minseok had only ever come here once: the first time he had woken up on the beach. He had gagged from the strong taste of salt and sat up to see he was in paradise. Soon Minseok found he was used to everything, the constant ache in his stomach, the cracked and bleeding lips, the sun burns, and the clothes that were always wet and sandy. It was very easy to adjust to, especially when he had entered the forest for the first time and found the coconut face down in the dip of a tree’s roots.

 

The coconut had been quiet for several days, Minseok remembered. But so had he. They didn’t speak until it had begun to rain the second night of paradise. He remembered that night clearly. Minseok had been weak then, he couldn’t remember the last time he had used the restroom, or the last time he had eaten or drank. His body had ached in so many places, hurting so much that he had only lied in the sand with his eyes closed, not caring his skin would turn red and tender under the sun.

 

He found himself constantly asleep, almost like he was trying to make up for days of getting no sleep, but then a voice had slowly registered, waking him up.

 

It’s raining.

 

It had said softly. Minseok had squinted at it like it was crazy.

 

“It’s not raining.” He had said sharply before widening his eyes in surprise when the first drops of rain grazed his skin. Minseok had leaped up suddenly and held his face out to the sky as it opened up, releasing so much rain he was afraid it would drown the island.

 

That night he had learned so much about the fallen fruit with the permanent happy face.

 

Don’t go any farther!

 

Minseok cringed softly, his steps halting as the coconut suddenly yelled out.

 

Minseok, please, turn around and go back to the beach.

 

Over the weeks(?) he had learned to always listen to the coconut, it always knew what to do. But he couldn’t help but disobey the coconut just this time, there was something inside Minseok pushing him to go into the forest, and he just had to listen to it.

 

The coconut shuts up as the air suddenly became moist, Minseok only sent it a worried look before carefully stepping around the sharp branches and rocks that littered the ground.

 

A scream tore through his throat as he stumbled forward, the coconut flying out of his hands as Minseok landed face first against a rock.

 

Everything turned black.

 

--

 

Minseok! Minseok!

 

He blinked slowly.

 

Please wake up! Minseok!

 

His lips pursed as if to say something, but the words lodged in the back of his throat.

 

Don’t leave me alone here! Minseok you can’t do this!

 

He finally shifted, rolling his head to the side with a groan as a sharp pang made its presence known. Minseok’s vision was blurry as he pushed himself up so he was sitting. He looked around with surprise, not recognizing where he was.

 

Oh Minseok!

 

The voice sobbed and quickly drew his attention to the coconut that was floating gracefully in a pond. His eyebrows scrunched together in confusion.

 

“Where… am I?” Minseok’s voice was hoarse and scratchy. It pained him to talk, but he needed answers.

 

I-I don’t know, but Minseok y-you’re bleeding

 

The coconut sounded scared and concerned, a side of it Minseok had never heard. He blinked again and winced when his hand brushed along a cut on his temple that was oozing blood.

 

He whimpered when he saw the red substance covering his hand and crawled towards the coconut, hoping it would try to comfort him. When his hand touched the water he immediately sank into it, pushing his body in and watching as the surface rippled. It was so calming, Minseok could’ve fallen asleep, except for the coconut.

 

We need to go back to the beach, it’s not safe here. Come on Minseok let’s go, I told you it was a bad idea to come here, we should’ve just played in the water-

 

Minseok’s vision was splattered with stars as he cupped water into his hands and brought it to his mouth, rapidly drinking it and surely draining the pond. It was so good, he thought he would never leave, but the coconut was slowly making him realize he had to.

 

I promise we can come back tomorrow, just please, Minseok we need to go back home before dark

 

He sat up in the water and looked to the sky. Leaves covered the sky, but he could catch a slim glimpse of the pastel sky. The coconut was right.

 

Minseok trudged through the water and grabbed the coconut, who sighed when it was back in his arms. His clothes left a dripping trail of water as Minseok let the coconut guide them back to the beach where he collapsed onto the leaves, letting the coconut roll next to him and settle in the sand.

 

They were quiet as the sun set, the pastel sky darkening until little pieces of lights appeared, twinkling down at him. It was so pretty.

 

“This really is paradise,” he mumbled, not quite sure if he meant it anymore.

 

--

 

Minseok fell into a depression. The paradise he once knew was slowly becoming unbearable.

 

He wanted it to end.

 

Let’s go swimming.

 

The coconut’s voice was quiet today. It hadn't spoken much since they’d come back from the pond, but neither had Minseok.

 

Instead of trying to respond, Minseok rolled over so he wasn’t facing the constant happy face that was permanently dented into it.

 

When the coconut didn’t respond, he took that as a queue to fall asleep again.

 

--

 

You need to eat.

 

The coconut demanded days(?) later. At this point, Minseok didn’t even have the energy to get up. He didn’t know when it had rained last, but it had been too long.

 

Get up.

 

His eyes fluttered closed, he didn’t want to listen to the fruit or the pang in his stomach. Minseok only wanted to give into the pull of his eyelids, but that stupid coconut.

 

Minseok

 

A sigh left him as he turned to face the fruit.

 

“W-” He stopped when his throat suddenly decided it was too painful to talk.

 

You need to get water-

 

Minseok was shaking his head when he fell under a dizzy spell, the sand became the sky as he spun until he had to force his eyes closed. The coconut was screaming at him to get up, but he blocked it out as, for the second time, he passed out.

 

--

 

The sun was blinding, Minseok noticed as he woke up on his back. He briefly wondered what had caused him to wake up when he heard it- the loud whirring of a machine.

 

A helicopter.

 

He saw it then, and lucky for him, it saw him too. Minseok’s eyes lazily followed it as it lowered towards him, the sounds growing louder.

 

A smiled made it’s way to his face when it landed, giddiness building in his stomach caused him to the coconut that smiled back at him. He stretched a hand out and patted the fruit. The smile faltered when he suddenly remembered something.

 

“W-What’s your n-name?” He croaked just barely over a whisper.

 

Minseok heard someone shouting at him, but he didn’t acknowledge it as he heard the coconut laugh softly. He was finally going to leave this paradise like hell, but all he could focus on was the coconut that had been with him through everything. His best friend that he loved was a coconut that Minseok hadn’t even bothered to learn the name of. He wanted to scoff, but he didn’t, instead he picked up the what the coconut whispered as a shadow grabbed his shoulders and forced him to look at his rescuer.

 

Minseok didn’t know why his vision blurred, or why he could see the person's mouth move but not hear what he was saying. He didn’t know why there were tears running down his cheeks, or why he didn’t move as he was picked up and laid down in the back of the helicopter.


The only thing he knew was that the coconut’s name is Luhan, and that was he was the most beautiful person(coconut) Minseok had ever met.


this was actually really fun to write and i low key love the idea of minseok falling in love with a coconut lmao

shoutout to my bud on insta 

the endings really forced but im lazy lol

<3