1. Welcome to Seoul!

Please Notice Me~!

Jungkook set his suitcase and sat on his bed. "This place really haven't changed at all.."

His mom only smiled fondly. "Well of course. We may not have come here often but your father and I made sure that this place is nice and clean." 

The mood quickly changed when his mom's brow furrowed. "Are you sure you don't want to live with your father and me? You just came from Busan and there's no one here to take care of you.."

"Ah stop being so worried." Jungkook moved over and massaged his mom's shoulders. "Uncle is just a few blocks away right? Plus if I ever need anything, you guys are just a phone call away."

His mom sighed but shook her head with a sigh. "Aigoo, fine. I'll stop worrying so much. It's a mom's nature to worry about her child you know."

"Yes yes~"

His mom frowned at his attempt to be cute and she pinched his cheeks instead. "But Jungkook-ah." She backed away. "Why are you so insistent on going to Seoul Performing Art school? I didn't know you had an interest in stuff like that."

Here Jungkook paused. In the back of his mind, he distantly remembered a girl singing songs after school. He would be her only audience, though. Besides their first meeting, he never made himself known to her.

"Aigoo, why are you smiling like that?" His mom's voice broke his train of thoughts and Jungkook glanced over at her. He immediately tried to wipe the grin from his face but his mom returned his grin. "If it's a girl, I wish you good luck with her." She paused and her expression became worried. "Though remember to maintain your grades and that safety comes first-"

"Ah, I get it!"


Since Jungkook was more of a transfer student, he had to go to school a little earlier than the rest of the students to get some paperwork done.

However, on the morning of, he found himself sleeping through the alarm clock. He jolted awake after the third snooze and hurriedly got ready. "Aish, why didn't I clean things up better?!" He groaned as he tripped over another cardboard box. The last of his things came in just last night and Jungkook didn't bother cleaning it up.

Ditching breakfast he moved to fix his laces before he darted out the door.

Seoul's streets were already busy and Jungkook had to weave between people in order to make his way to the bus stop.

Somehow he arrived before the next bus did and Jungkook tried to steady his breath as he leaned against the bus post. "T..this was not how my first day should've gone.."

"Aigoo, student! It's your first day of school!" An old vendor laughed and Jungkook wondered if she was laughing AT him or at his current situation. "Here, here. Take some ice coffee for your first day."

"Ah, thank you!" Jungkook accepted the small cup and bowed graciously towards the old vendor. The bus took this chance to roll in and Jungkook hurriedly turn around so that he could actually make it on the bus and-

-promptly ran into a girl. The coffee cup lurched forward and the brown liquid spilled over the female student's white uniform. "Crap, sorry!" Before Jungkook could say anything else the girl glared up at him through her bangs.

"Are you crazy?! Watch where you're going! Aish this is a mess.." She muttered before she pushed into the crowd climbing onto the bus.

Jungkook stared after her in a daze, the empty cup still in his hand. It was only when the bus rolled away when Jungkook realized that he would be hella late if he don't hurry the hell up.

"Good luck student!" The old vendor cheered from behind him.


"Jeon Jungkook, late on your first day." The dean shook his head and gestured to the rest of the kneeling students. "Go go, join them and be quiet."

As Jungkook sullenly moved towards the rest of the late student, someone darted in from behind him, knocking into Jungkook slightly.

"Whoa am I safe?"

The dean slapped his forehead. "Jung Hoseok, why am I not surprise. You're late! Go!"

The newly arrived boy pouted and took his place among the line of students. Jungkook hurriedly joined him when he saw the dean shooting him a glare.

"Hey," the boy called Jungkook out softly. "I'm Hoseok. Sorry for running into you earlier."

"It's fine." Jungkook lowered his voice also."I'm Jungkook by the way."

Hoseok clammed up when he realized the dean's attention was on them. However as soon as another late student arrived, Hoseok began talking when the dean's attention was diverted again. "You're new aren't you? A freshman?"

"Yeah," Jungkook blinked, shocked. "You can tell?"

"Please, this is nothing." Hoseok smiled back. "I'm a 2nd-year though. If you got any questions 'bout this school, I got you."

Oh. Excitedly, Jungkook began asking. "Say. Is there a student named Lee Ji-"

"If you think I can't hear you, you're completely wrong." The dean was suddenly upon them. "YAH! I told you to be quiet!"

Jungkook immediately closed his mouth but snickered when Hoseok gagged mockingly when the dean's back was turned.


Jungkook was seated next to a boy named Park Jimin, who he became fast friends with. Break rolled around and Jimin introduced him to another classmate, Kim Taehyung.

"The new student who was late on his first day!" Taehyung wagged his finger at him. "You're gonna be a trouble maker aren't you?"

Laughing, Jungkook shook his head. "What's wrong with him?"

"Taehyung has always been like that." Jimin lead the duo outside the classroom, wanting to buy bread. "Don't worry about it. But that's not important! Jungkook!"

"Yeah?" Jungkook blinked, stopping from counting the amount of money he had on his person. He had to buy food as well.

Jimin turned around so that he was now walking backward. "Why did you transfer here all the sudden? Got some story to share?"

A story? It would be weird to actually spill why he came to Seoul.. but his chance of meeting her would be higher if he just ask someone familiar right?

"So.. um, I did come to Seoul to look for someone, I guess."

Taehyung perked up, glancing over. "A girlfriend?" He asked, 

"Nothing like that," Jungkook waved it off with a hint of a blush. "It's just a sunbae from middle school."

Jimin raised an eyebrow. "Whoa. That's some dedication. Is it a girl?" He didn't seem to believe Jungkook when he said it was nothing but Jungkook decided to ignore it and nodded instead.

Suddenly interested, Jimin leaned in. "What she like? You know her name right?"

"Jiminie is crazy about girls you see," Taehyung explained and Jimin only jabbed him in the stomach for that. "Yah."

Jungkook merely smiled. These people were amusing. "Well... I've never really talked to her, but she's really nice. She has this really angelic voice and her songs are really nice."

"Whoa, someone's in love." Jimin laughed teasingly but shook that off. "You came to this school to look for her right? What's her name-"

Before Jimin could finish, however, his back bumped into a girl running down the halls. Obviously being lighter, the girl fell backward whilst Jimin merely stumbled.

Jungkook glanced over at his new friend. He didn't seem to be hurt. So instead, he turned to the girl. "Um, are you alright?" He held out his hand for her to grab but he flinched back instead when suddenly the girl glared up at him.

"Watch where you're going!" She said before getting up by herself. Brushing her disheveled hair from her face so that it was straight, Jungkook blinked in surprise when he saw who it was.

"L-Lee Jieun-ssi?"

The girl merely frowned. "Do I know you?" Her eyes widened in realization (Jungkook had a surge of hope. Perhaps she recognize him from middle school and-) "You're that kid with the coffee this morning! Ah, why do I keep running into you?"

With that said, Jieun stormed away. Blinking after her, Jungkook had a hard time hiding his surprise. Wait wait, was that really Jieun? No way... The last time he saw her she was really nice and... But that person... Huh? A clone?

An alien?

"Whoa, Jungkookie, your sunbae is Lee Jieun?" Jimin made himself known and Jungkook shook off his train of thoughts.

Taehyung scrunched up his nose. "I won't really call her 'really nice', you know. No offense." He rubbed his face, as though remembering a bad memory. 

Jungkook's brow furrowed. "Why? Is she famous?"

"For being the most short-tempered girl student, sure." Jimin whistled. "You have good taste but she's like the ice queen around here."

Taehyung glanced over at him. "She's probably not the right person, right? I mean, I heard Jieun-sunbae sings, but I don't think anyone has actually heard her sing."

So.. Was this her or not?

But she said something about coffee... Oh no. Was she the girl he accidentally poured coffee on this morning? Did he really just pour coffee on his crush? But was this even his Lee Jieun?

"Let's follow her," Jungkook whispered and Jimin and Taehyung stared at him, bewildered.

"You're crazy," Taehyung muttered and Jimin merely grinned. "If she isn't your Lee Jieun then you'll get in big trouble."

Well, he certainly didn't come to Seoul for nothing. 

And Jungkook wasn't one to give up simply due to a hiccup on the road.

He remembered her sharp glare but he was really, really sure that this Lee Jieun was the same Lee Jieun he met back then.


"Can I help you?" The girl glanced up at him in surprise.

Suddenly struck with nervousness, Jungkook fumbled with his words. "Um. I heard your singing. It was really good!"

If anything, she seemed even more surprise. However, it quick softened into a small smile. "Thank you."

And it was in that music room where Jungkook first love began.


Augh so I'm a terrible friend but happy birthday xiao c: I was planning to have it out yesterday but then y'know computer issues. that aside, I hope you had a great birthday today QwQ hope this fanfic is sufficient as a gift until the next time we meet! happy bday cuz!

and on the other note, idk if I'm making this a two-shot or a full multi-chapter fic mm Next chap would be from IU's pov