final

ice cream and elevators

 

 

Kyungsoo panicked, the ice cream that he had been so thoughtful to buy for his emotional boyfriend Baekhyun, was beginning to melt, and rather quickly. What was he supposed to do? He was reluctant to try and the excess because for some reason he had a feeling that would make his boyfriend even madder than he already was. The ice cream was supposed to be an apology, since Kyungsoo always seemed to struggle with these things, opting for actions over words.

 

If only the stupid elevator would go faster, then Kyungsoo could’ve already apologized and been sitting worry free on Baekhyun’s carpet, maybe even resting his back against his boyfriend's legs as he dozed off to the sound of Baekhyun typing away at his laptop. He had spent so many Sundays like that, and hopefully, he could spend today like that too.

 

The ding of the elevator brought him back, that and the ice cream as the top scoop fell onto his hand in a melted clump. Kyungsoo cringed and used a second hand to catch any of the drippings as he ran down the hall to Baekhyun’s door, slamming his hip into the door. Not a moment later, the door opened with a red-faced Baekhyun and Kyungsoo stumbling inside, dropping the ice cream onto a bunny-eared slipper that was currently being worn by his boyfriend.

 

Oops.

 

“DO KYUNGSOO I SWEAR TO EVERY ING GOD!!!” The sudden scream had both him and Baekhyun jumping, Kyungsoo jumping back and Baekhyun jumping into action as he grabbed his slipper- the clean one-  and began to repeatedly whack Kyungsoo. He grunted and tried to shove Baekhyun off but only succeeded in making his boyfriend stumble back, causing him to trip on the step behind him. Kyungsoo watched as Baekhyun fell and knew, this was the end.

 

Before Kyungsoo had time to react there was the cold vanilla ice cream splattered onto his face, followed by the slap of the now sticky slipper.

 

“I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU!” Baekhyun continued to screech nonsense at him as Kyungsoo remained still, letting Baekhyun take his anger out on him.

 

When the room became silent, Kyungsoo finally opened his eyes. Ice cream clung to his eyelashes as he gave Baekhyun the most furious glare he could muster.

 

“Pfft, I can’t believe you.” Kyungsoo began in an even tone. “All I ever tried to do was to get you out of this dingy apartment because all you ever do is sulk in here because you’re always ing procrastinating. I only wanted to take you out on a date Baekhyun, I didn’t know that you were getting over the loss of your pet rock or that your lost one of your favorite socks in the wash again or that you ran out of batteries for your mouse or that you would have too much bed head to even meet me at the cafe that is literally right across the ing street.” Kyungsoo had lost it and was now breathing heavily as he tried to blink the ice cream off his eyelashes. “I was even nice enough to cancel the date because you couldn’t come out. You don’t realize how much I do for you, like this ing ice cream.” He pointed at his face and let out a dry laugh. “I hate ice cream yet I bought it for you because I care about you Baekhyun.”

 

Kyungsoo leaned into the hand that was now cupping his cheek, even though it was sticky with dried ice cream.

 

“I love you,” Baekhyun said softly, using his thumb to rub off the sticky substance under his eye.

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but sigh and give out his iconic smile. “I love you too.” He ended with a kiss sweeter than the ice cream he was covered in.


i barely edit these btw 

Image result for baeksoo

<3