Our Oyester

Last Days

 

Angst Angst Angst ahead. 

 

It always hit the back of your mind how a person could have two different sides ; differences like two sides of the coin.

Sometimes you thought you know the person who slept beside you, your husband. His eyes eased in deep dreams, an long arm protectively holding onto your waist. His choppy black hair looked almost surreal, a compliment to his all Adonis like features.

Though you could always reassure yourself by touching his jaw line or his soft smooth hair when he slept. Even his random and pecky kisses before leaving for work anchored your second thoughts about his existence in your life.

But it was etched in your mind too well. Your marriage happened as a result of quick turn of events. Typically, you were not Sehun's ideal type when you first felt your feelings beginning to grow for this man. A few dates, family meets and BAM! He proposed to you and duh, you said yes for the heck of it. You always feared you would wake up and see it all has been a dream.

You had expectations from him- a proper recognition, a honeymoon and a small family to nurture. However, you learnt quickly as quick as you married him. Your dreams broke one by one. He loved you, in bed while he hurt you too, in daylights. He went on to his concerts, performed with girls, got into scandals. And he was the same person who returned home by midnight, asked about your health, dined with you, sipped boba tea and made love to you till the morning.

He didn't talk about the outside world. At home, he was only yours, disconnected from the outside world and it ate you up. You never went out almost. Except when Sehun urged you to ride his bike for late night groccery errands or your doctor's appointment.

Yes, doctors. You had developed cancer or you wonder, it was always there. It was a chronic disease slowly spreading throughout your body. You had lost your child, Sehun's child, your body grew weak and your mind weaker.

Then things changed for the better. Your smile faded but you still quirked your lips up for Sehun. It erased his frown and replaced the beautiful smiles he reserved for you.

How you were living the last days of your life? You were still happy. The man you loved had started to love you back. He stayed home more often. He sang for you, broken English phrases from Justin Bieber songs, korean lines from what he gets from EXO. But his dance moves awed you. He performed for you and you only.

Eventually his fames, it reached you too. He posted pictures of you on SNS and tagged them as My Queen or My Angel. You never thought you would see this side of him. The hapless romantic cheesy side.

He began to bring home friends, Kai, Baekhyun and Donghae. Sometimes there would be a lot of them. You didn't need to worry cause he always ordered takeouts or let his Kyungsoo hyung cook in you precious kitchen. They . Told him his wife couldn't cook like him. But he smiled only, slowly kissing your hands.

Oft-times, his sassyness would come out. He would boast, about you, tease his hyungs about the blessing he had that no one in the world had. But no one still knew.

You were his Queen and he was your King of Neverland.

 

 

 

 

This was inspired by Sehun's insta update. His aesthetic dance moves and perfection moved me like always. 

~emicomei