story

Sugar Sweet

.

You rub your eyes and sigh groggily, waking up unwillingly to too bright sunlight streaming through the window. You never wake up this early on Saturday mornings, but you realize too late now that you’d left the blinds open before going to bed last night. It’s only after you close the blinds and crawl back into bed that you realize he’s gone. At this time in the morning he’d usually be curled up into a  ball under the blankets, boyish hair messy and mouth open as he sleeps like a baby. Though some days he’d be sprawled across the bed, legs and arms everywhere- a giant, adorable mess. Nevertheless, as the both of you were extremely late wakers, it was impossible that he’d wake up this early too. 

“Sanha?” You call out. There’s no answer, but not a moment later you hear frantic shuffling in the closet, the sound of boxes falling to the ground, and a pained groan that follows.

Jumping out of bed you rush across the room and swing open the closet door. “Are you okay???” 

He’s unmoving on the floor under a huge pile of clothes and boxes, covering his face with his hands. “Sanha, are you okay? Are you hurt?” You ask frantically, clearing the mess and helping him sit up in fear that he may have hit his head. 

“Imfime” He mumbles, still covering his face. 

“What? I can’t hear what you’re saying!” You scold him as you brush him off, looking thoroughly for any visible cuts and scrapes. “What are you doing in the closet? It’s seven in the morning!”

“I shed that I’m fime, you can go back to shleep,” He mumbles again. Is he chewing something? His eyes are opened now but his hands continue to cover up his mouth. 

Confused at his strange behavior and obvious inability to speak properly, you even begin to wonder if he’s had a concussion. “Sanha you need to tell me if you’re okay, because you’re making me worried..” You start to say, until your eyes land on something silver and shiny hidden underneath a fallen sweater. Your attention is diverted for a moment as you recognize it’s familiar sheen and shape.

“What’s this?” You reach over to try and grab it to confirm your suspicions when Sanha suddenly tackles you to the ground.

“You can’t!” He says, brown eyes wide as he stares down at you, (surprisingly) strong (but warm) hands pinning your wrists to the ground. Immediately turning a shade of crimson red as you realize what position you’re in, your heart starts beating a million times faster almost instantaneously. Your eyes meet his gaze before traveling down to the perfect slope of his nose, the familiar curve of his lips.. and then you see it. An obvious brown smear across his mouth and cheek. 

“Sanha..” You threaten him slowly, shooting him an angry and suspicious glare. 

“I… I woke up because I was hungry, but then I didn’t want to cook anything since it would wake you up and so I found this but I didn’t mean to—“

“YOU…. YOU ATE MY CHOCOLATE?”

You’re absolutely furious. You always keep a secret stash of sweets in the closet for those days when you’re feeling down, and you’d been saving that last bar of chocolate for a special occasion. You’d been wanting to eat that chocolate bar for days. 

“I didn’t mean to~ I only ate half of the bar! Look, there’s still half left!” He pouts as he motions towards the silver wrapper you saw before, busting out the adorable aegyo you’d usually melt for. But not today. 

“I’m never talking to you again.” You pout back, staring up at him as angrily as you can. 

“Babe~~~~ Honey~” He whines cutely. “Let’s go buy more chocolate when the mart opens! We’ll get the same one~” The puppy dog look on his face almost makes you break out into a smile. Avoiding eye contact is the most you can do to stop yourself from giving in.

“No.” You continue to refuse stubbornly. ‘Don’t you dare smile,’ you force yourself to think. But it’s hard to keep your composure as he leans closer to you, looking at you with those eyes, the corner of his lips turned up in a playful smile. It’s almost impossible.

“As I said, I can.. I can never speak to you again. I will never forgive you for this… betrayal….” You struggle to say sternly, as he’s now mere centimeters away from you. But he makes an obvious glance down at your lips before he quickly closes the distance with a kiss, a kiss feathery light— softer than cotton candy. You melt into him instantly. 

There’s the unmistakable taste of chocolate lingering on his lips, dark and sweet. Maybe even sweeter than candy.

But your eyes jolt wide open when he suddenly pulls away, a mischievous grin plastered across his face. 

“Heh.” He sits up and holds his arm up high in triumph. You look up faster than lightning to see that familiar flash of silver in his hand, the last bit of chocolate peeking out from underneath the wrapper. 

Anguish bubbles up into your chest as he slowly brings the chocolate to his mouth. He’s teasing you.

“You……. NO!!!!” You cry out in defeat as he victoriously shoves the remaining chocolate into his mouth. 

Sanha shoots up and runs out of the closet, laughing uncontrollably in glee as he flees down the hallway to escape your wrath. 

“I hate you!!!!” You shout as you run after him, tackling him onto the couch in revenge. But you can’t stay angry for long as you meet those chocolatey brown eyes once again, see that mischievously sweet smile on his lips. You’d never admit it out loud, but you’d prefer this dork over candy any day. 

What a morning.

 


end--

this lil devil, stealing hearts left and right :,)

thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed the story^^

-min