Chapter I

Misconceptions Of Time

It was that day, on the 28th of February year of 2008, where everyone was celebrating the Princes’ 10th birthday and for their coronation. Everything was going so well. All fractions was invited to witness the much awaited day, even the princes themselves were overwhelmed with the number Sanis that came just to see them for the first time. 
~

Prime Minister Seokmin peeked inside the Princes’ small house-like transportation that were being carried by the royal soldiers, Hours. Soonyoung noticed him and immediately crawl to his earshot. 
“Why is there so many people?” Soonyoung asked, his face with a tint of crimson. Seokmin gently laughed and poked the Prince’s cheeks.

“They have been waiting for this day, young  master. For them to see the three of you” He said and nodded. 

“And now let me present to you, Time’s triplets, Prince Wonwoo, Prince Soonyoung and Prince Seungkwan!” The crowd cheered and made a way as the gates of the castle opened. Seokmin went back to his position and guided the Hours to their King Seungcheol who stood up right after he saw his sons’ lagoo. They stopped in front of the stage made especially for this day. Everyone bowed as the Princes made they to their father who welcomed them each with a tight hug.

“That was very unnecessary, Father. You should have at least waited until the ceremony is over” Wonwoo whispered to their father but loud enough for his brothers to hear.

“You should have also thought about Father’s feelings right now. He is just overwhelmed, just like us.” Soonyoung countered. Wonwoo creased his forehead, “He is?”

Soonyoung slightly rolled his eyes to his brother’s lack of grip in whatever’s happening, “Why are you like this” he whispered to himself.

“Kids..” Seuncheol gave them the look and signalled Seokmin to continue the ceremony. 

“We are gathered here today to celebrate the Princes’ 10th birthday and most importantly, to witness their official coronation and the giving of their royal duties.” The crowd cheered once again and some also laughed at Wonwoo’s silliness for he almost jump in shock by the sudden noise and Soonyoung slightly hitting him”

“What’s with Prince Seungkwan?’

“He looks unhappy”

“He haven’t spoken a word yet”

‘Ungrateful Prince”

Soonyoung stopped hitting Wonwoo as he heard those words. He tried to know where it came from but as a young prince, his powers are not harnessed yet. All he can do is to force himself to hear something from a distance or unintentionally hear something, just like what happened. 

That is why he can’t wait for this day, for he and Wonwoo promised their brother that they will make the people who talks bad at him pay as soon as they get their Emishpere, which will give them full control of their powers. He looks at Seungkwan and was not surprised when his brother is already looking at him. 

“I know” Seungkwan said. Everytime. Everytime he was about to tell Seungkwan what he heard his brother will always says those words and it breaks his and Wonwoo’s heart and like what he always do, he just nodded.

They heard the grand bell, it’s time. Sanis held each other’s hands. Different colors emerged from their bodies and soon they were surrounded by fragments of lights, like the rainbow itself came down pouring into tiny bits. The lights stopped mid-air as Seungcheol held up his right hand.

“First of all, I would like to thank everyone for coming here in our home to celebrate with us. I will always remember this day.” He slightly bowed, “And now, it’s time for my sons to claim their crowns. As they have proved that they are worthy for this title. I am very much happy and proud as their King and their father. To my sons, congratulations.” Little green fairies popped out of nowhere carrying three crowns. They giggles as they placed it on Wonwoo for he is, well, surprised. Again. They flew around Seungcheol before disappearing.

“Thank you, Minutes” Seungcheol whispered. “Now, I shall bless you three with your duties along with the Emispheres.” He walked infront of them and give each of his sons an Emipshere. A magical staff for Wonwoo, a ring for Soonyoung and a silver gem for Seungkwan.

“I entrust the three of you  with our world’s peace and safety. Your instructor, Jihoon will guide each of you on your way on mastering your powers.” Seungcheol said and his sons nodded in return.

“Great. I know I can count on-”

“FATHER LOOK OUT!” He was cut-off by Seungkwan’s shout. He looked at him but the Prince has already pushed him from where he was. They all looked at Seungkwan but the boy did nothing but stare at the sky. Like waiting for something to happen.

“Seungkwan, what are you-” Soonyoung wasn’t able to finish his question for he was interrupted by a loud thunder and a dark lightning which struck Seungkwan.

They rushed to the Prince who is now laying on the ground, unconscious. 

“Soonyoung, Wonwoo, bring your brother to his room.” Seungcheol ordered his sons who obliged right away. He looked at from where was the lightning came from and there he saw him. The cause of all misfortunes in their world. Junhui or is better known as Disaster. 

“Junhui!” he called out to the man who almost killed his son, “What are you doing here in my kingdom? I didn’t remember inviting someone like you” 

“Not so cold now, my king. You know what else I can do to your people.” Junhui said and landed on Seungcheol’s throne. 

“Imprudent!” Seokmin shouted and pointed at Junhui which body’s started to drain.

Junhui laughed, flicked his fingers towards the Prime Minister which caused Seokmin to fall down, “Not a lowly Sani like you can kill me.” He said. 

“Enough. What do you want Junhui?” Seungcheol asked, still relaxed for he knows that he is still much stronger than Junhui.

“Warning” Junhui said, his eyes foreshadowing a storm. He stood up from the throne and faced the crowd which is now ready to battle him. He laughed at what he’s seeing, “You guys really hate me. Well, I hate you too. But I am here not to fight but to give you a warning.” Then, a great roar thunder was heard from the sky , the wind blew hard in every directions, dark lightnings attacked the trees.

“Be careful now for I am much stronger than before. And I am not alone.” Junhui looked back at Seungcheol before disappearing in the clouds. 

“Stop” Seungcheol said and the thunders, the wind and the lightning stopped. He looked as Seokmin as was glad that his Prime Minister has already recovered from the attack. “Seokmin, guide the people out of my castle. I need to see my sons.” Seuncgheol said and hurriedly made his way to the Princes.

~

He opened the door, praying that he will see his son awake but not everyday that our prayers are answered. Even to a King like him.

“Father, he is still not awake. I tried manipulating his time when he is still conscious but  it’s not- it’s not working.” Soonyoung’s voice cracked as he report to his father. Seungcheol patted his head and sat beside him. Just then, Wonwoo came in with an Hour, carrying organic medicines and towels. 

“Let me do it” Seungcheol said and took the tray from the Hour. As he aide his son, his thoughts are filled with questions and worries for his sons. Junhui needn’t have to give a warning for he always gives storms and earthquakes all of a sudden so why does he gave a warning now? And even so he’s not alone, they still can’t beat me, Seungcheol thought. 

He stopped as he felt the ground shaking. Minutes appeared around him and dragged him by the room’s window. 

“What is this..” He said, awed at what he witnessing. Wonwoo and Soonyoung followed him and they were also shocked at what they saw. The sky is split into half. The left is as bright as if the sun just rose, while the right is a dark sky glittered with humungous stars. 

“The day.. stopped?” Seungcheol creased his forehead, trying to understand what’s happening. 

They heard hurried footsteps from outside and there came in Seokmin, looking horrified, “King! We lost a day!” He said and made his way beside Seungcheol. He pointed at today’s date, February 28 and the date next to it.

“March 1..” Seungcheol confirmed. He rushed to his son and caressed his head. 

“There will be no future until he wakes up” he said and looked at Wonwoo and Sooyoung, sadness obvious on their faces, “Don’t worry, there might be no tomorrow but he will surely wake up on March 1. Let us wait until then, okay?”

“But how can we regain February 29?” Soonyoung asked.

“I can do it but since your brother is holding the future now, it will be hard for me. I can only do it for every four years… it will take me a really long time.” Seungcheol sighed and ruffled both of his sons’ hair. Something he always do that makes them feel at ease.

“And Seungkwan.. he will be okay, right?” Wonwoo asked.

“Yes he will”

 

••••

 


-bync