♡♡♡

insecure

taeyang was nervous. 

he was waiting by the entrance of the cinema, afraid his date wouldn't turn up. 

he trusted hwiyoung. they were best friends. but still, he couldn't help but fear the idea that hwiyoung wouldn't show up. 

he checked the time on his phone. 14:03, three minutes. taeyang told himself not to panic, that hwiyoung was always late. but that was when they were friends. 

this was a date. their first date. taeyang took deep breaths to try and calm his racing heart. "boo." a quiet whisper in his ear that made him jump and forced him to hold back a scream. 

taeyang turned around to see hwiyoungs smiling face. he felt himself immediately lose a bit of self confidence. hwiyoung looked so cute and he felt so below average. he tried to not show his sudden shyness and decided to instead hit hwiyoung for laughing at his fear. 

"ow. bully." hwiyoung laughed loudly despite being hit. taeyang laughed too,  though more quietly in comparison. "im on time right? i tried extra hard not to be late today." hwiyoung spoke with pride so taeyang simply nodded. 

"are you okay?" hwiyoungs question pained taeyang. no, he was not okay. he was so nervous, he felt like his heart might burst out of his chest. he felt so ugly and just wanted a hug but he knew he couldn't asked. he felt so dumb for being shy around his friend just because of their new 'boyfriend' status. "of course. why wouldn't i be?"  he laughed before grabbing hwiyoungs wrist and dragging him into the cinema. 

there was so many people inside, with the queues being longer than usual. "why is it so busy?" taeyang asked. to his surprise, hwiyoung actually had an answer. "the movie we're seeing was released today. everyone wants to see it."

taeyang wanted to cry. he knew that they were seeing a horror movie, a genre he hated, and to know that all these people, these judgmental people, would be there too: taeyang wanted to crawl into a hole and die. everyone would judge if he was scared, and if he clung onto hwiyoung that would be even worse. he kept smiling to not show his fear. 

they joined a queue and hwiyoung started talking about some pizza he had the other day. taeyang couldn't focus. he was trying too hard not to panic and to come across as weird to others. he scanned the crowd. older people, couples, groups of girls, guys, all dressed in the latest fashion trend, all chatting loudly, laughing. taeyang had to convince himself that it wasn't him they were laughing at. 

he unconsciously touched his hair. it probably looked so messy. he internally hit himself for not being more careful when looking in the mirror.  he remembered the two spots that he had on his forehead. he noticed a group of three girls looking at him. probably at his big red spots.

"taeyang. please stop ignoring me." a poke from hwiyoung on his cheek brought him back to reality. he quickly turned and apologised. "sorry, i was just thinking about the movie." lies. he was such a bad person. how could he lie to hwiyoung on their first date. taeyang started to panic. what if he starts to hate me? what if he thinks im ugly? i am ugly, so why wouldn't he think that? what if someone else comes along? what if there's some cute guy next to us that tries to talk to hwiyoung? what if hwiyoung thinks im too childish because i get scared? im the older one, i shouldn't be like this. im so immature. why would anyone want to date with me? what if hwiyoung doesn't want to be friends if we break up? then i'll be all alone. maybe i deserve that. do i? im not that horrible am i? maybe i am? maybe- 

"taeyang." again, hwiyoungs voice brought him back. they were no longer in the queue. instead in the corner of the toilets. hwiyoung was holding up tissues, wiping them along taeyangs cheek. "i don't like it when you cry." taeyang swore to himself. how could he let himself cry in front of all those people, in front of hwiyoung. he lightly pushed hwiyoung away and wiped off his own tears. however, the tears kept coming. he kepts rubbing his cheek, trying to rid himself of the tears but it wasn't working. 

a guy walked in, giving taeyang a look of concern before he went of to pee. taeyang felt so stupid. his eyesight was blurry as he reached forward for hwiyoung. almost instantly, he felt himself wrapped up in hwiyoungs arms. safe. he felt safe. 

"don't cry taeyang, you're too beautiful to cry. "

taeyangs heart raced. it was unfair how good of a boyfriend hwiyoung was compared to taeyang. he's older, he should be better, but hwiyoung seemed to take the lead. 

" im sorry. i shouldn't be like this" taeyang whispered, the tears slowly coming to an end. hwiyoung laughed slightly, "im surprised im not like you to be honest." 

they pulled away from the hug, and looked at each other. "i ruined it didn't i?" taeyang still smiled despite the sadness in his words. hwiyoung shook his head, "at least you turned up. i was worried i would get here and be all alone." 

"i wouldn't have done that."
"neither would i" hwiyoung gave taeyang a knowing look. "how did you even know i thought that?" 
hwiyoung laughed, "you're my boyfriend, i know everything about you." 

taeyang blushed at the term 'boyfriend', watching as the same guy looked at them with no expression before leaving. "i don't really want to watch the movie anymore.  i know you never wanted to watch it." 

"how did you-"

"your face. it paled the moment i showed you the trailer ages ago. not to mention how scared you looked when we joined the line. i seriously thought you were going to faint."

"oh. i didn't mean to-"

"you do know that you're a very beautiful human being right? i know you don't believe me, but everything about you makes me happy. people stare at you because you're good looking, not because you're ugly, trust me. i get so worried they'll come over and snatch you away, they seem so fascinated by your beauty.  i sound like the cringiest boyfriend right now and i hate it so just accept the compliment and let's go eat. "

and with those words, hwiyoung held onto taeyangs hand and dragged him to kfc because he was hungry. 

and the whole time, taeyang couldn't stop blushing. 

。。。。。。

wowow fluff

this is probably a pretty generic story line but i thought it was cute with hwitae so decided to give it a go 

idk how good this is and i wrote it late at night because it just randomly came to mind but it was lowkey fun to write so 

welp, i hope you liked this mini hwitae oneshot