Prologue

Goodbye, my love.

Goodbye, my love; prologue.

 

‘’ Daddy, can we stop by the bakery for my birthday cake? ‘’  He turned his face, a smile  on his face. ‘’ Of course, we have to celebrate your 9th birthday with a really pretty cake ‘’ 

I looked outside and saw my favorite bakery, a bakery that I used to go a lot with my mom. They have my mom's and I’s favorite cake, which was strawberry cheesecake. 

The car stopped across the street  ’’ We’re here, go inside first and buy the cake with auntie. Be careful ‘’ 

Auntie stepped out of the car,  opened my door and took my hand and flashed a smile to me.  Auntie came into my life at the age of 7 as the new wife of my dad and my new stepmother. I didn’t want to accept her first, cause I didn’t like the fact that my dad loved another woman. But I saw my dad smiling again, after so long, so I eventually accepted her. 

‘’ Ailee, which cake would you like? ‘’ My auntie asked me while looking at the options.

‘’ Strawberry Cheesecake ‘’ At that moment I heard a loud crash sound from outside. 

‘’ That’s strange ‘’ I thought while looking outside. I realized that it was our car that got hit by a truck. I ran outside with auntie and saw daddy laying in front of me, bleeding. ‘’ DADDY!’’ I screamed at the motionless body.

Everyone was standing in a circle around my dad, some were whispering, some were calling the ambulance. But the only thing I could do is stare at my dad who was covered in blood.

‘’ Don’t leave me, please. ‘’

 

Preview next episode:

 

'' Excuse me sir but you're blocking the road for everyone. Could you please be so polite to move your card to the side? '' 

'' Do it yourself ''