1/?

you're as fickle as the autumn sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the moment she walked into his life (through the door actually, that sounds too dramatic), he knew he fell in love. not all people would call her gorgeous, maybe pretty or cute would suffice, but not usually that. but for him, she was perfection itself. she has this certain charisma that immediately lured him in. there’s more to her than just a pretty face. well, it’s pretty obvious that he’s not the only one who can see that; taehyung felt like there was something caught in his throat and he’s getting the feeling that he’ll choke soon when he noticed the way his classmates-slash-friends openly gawked at her.

 

dread settled in the pit of his stomach because he knew he didn’t stand a chance. at all.

 

especially when there’s park jimin, the responsible class president (one of his best friends) who can charm girls and boys into obeying him; the ever charming prince, kim seokjin— someone who knows how to make girls (and some guys) swoon with just a simple flying kiss; then the secret genius, kim namjoon— a natural born leader who thinks it would be better to stay on the sidelines and let other people believe a fake facade; and there’s the bright and lovely, jung hoseok, someone who can make you feel better without trying too hard; and of course, the most popular guy in school, the handsome ace, jeon jungkook.

 

while he—kim taehyung, well, he’s what most students in their school would refer to as the nerd, geek, or weeb. even if he’s friends with five amazing guys (taehyung’s really thankful to have them by his side, they always assure him that he’s pretty cool himself), he knows that nobody will like him just for himself. 

 

plain, stiff, and kinda weird, kim taehyung.

 

he sighed. he’ll just have to deal with his own feelings then.

 

min yoonji. what a pretty name for such a pretty girl. 

 

as it turns out though, min yoonji’s not someone whom you should mess with. she’s definitely not easy-to-get, because as taehyung had observed, you would need enough guts and actual balls to try and woo her. you’d really need to put your life on the line because taehyung swore that she just said that she has a gun in her bag

 

“a gun?!”

 

furthermore, the amazing min yoonji said those words too casually to the class president, park jimin! taehyung’s pretty sure that’s against the school policy. it’s also written in the student handbook (not that taehyung would admit that he read the student handbook just because he was bored— nobody reads the student handbook anyways), and of course, that’s totally illegal! so taehyung’s not surprised when jimin did run for his life. taehyung felt a bit relieved, not exactly for jimin (wow, what a terrible friend) but for yoonji and himself– that means one less competition for yoonji’s affection.

 

okay, as much as taehyung enjoys the show that his friends are putting up (and woah, she just splashed a water on hoseok-hyung’s face), he cannot help but fall in love even more. call him a lovestruck fool but he knows she’s the one (that’s what you get for reading too much shoujo manga, tae). he knows it’s a really bad idea to like someone— to fall in love with someone at first sight, and more so for falling in love with someone like min yoonji. 

 

he’s doomed.





 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“she’s so freaking badass! I think I just fell in love” jungkook, his best friend, exclaimed

 

“yeah, I think you got her good for being a tsundere, kookie” taehyung encouraged, albeit a bit reluctantly because of his own jumbled feelings for said female

 

“do you think she likes me too?” jungkook excitedly asked, putting an arm around him. taehyung thought he honestly looked like a bunny with those adorable huge eyes and cute front teeth

 

she would definitely like someone like you. 

 

“she said she likes your shirt better, so I don’t know… maybe?” taehyung played it safe, knowing that his voice might waver which could give away what he’s feeling

 

jungkook jumped in happiness, oblivious of the older’s inner turmoil (taehyung’s glad though)

 

“I’ll make her like me back, hyung!” jungkook said in determination. taehyung felt his chest constrict in pain, he knows that once the younger set his mind into something, he’s bound to achieve it.

 

“give it up, tae, you got nothing against jungkook” 

 

“yeah, good luck, kookie.” taehyung wishes that it sounded sincere enough to the younger’s ears, but since the latter’s too focused imagining ways to get yoonji, he knew it’s no longer important


















 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

when taehyung was on his way home one afternoon, he saw yoonji crossing the road with an elderly woman. taehyung stopped on his tracks and watched the scene unfold before him. it seems that it wasn’t someone who’s related to yoonji, she’s just simply helping the elderly woman to cross the street. he was right, there's more to yoonji than her rough nature and cold expression.

 

his heart skip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter