Chapter 1

Girl next door

I gulped at the thought of moving into a new surrounding, realizing how much things had changed for the past few years- I've completed my high school year and is now heading to start my first year as a college freshman. I shifted my gaze to the airplane ticket on my grip and tucked my phone out to check my respective boarding time.

"Attention please, passengers of AB1876! Please take note that your departure flight to Melbourne, Australia will be delayed to 6p.m. due to the weather problem. Thank you." blared the loudspeaker and I groaned, unsatisfied of the announcement made.

Maybe I should get a drink at Starbucks, I thought that could be the best way of killing time instead of doing nothing in the middle of the waiting room. I fixed my glasses which was sliding down my flat nose and paced to the coffee shop.

Bump.

"Watch where you're going, klutz," sneered a teenage boy who at first glance resembles a Calvin Klein supermodel. He had tan olive skin and a sharp jawline that would literally pierce a balloon. His fluffy bangs hang gently at his forehead, revealing half of his dense eyebrows that arch perfectly above his long-lashed eyes. 

I mentally slapped myself to stare at the beautiful creature before my response takes place.

"What the hell, dude? It's YOU that bumped into ME. Not the other way round!" I scowled and mentally cursed the stupid guy for not helping me up. 

"Whatever," he smirks, leaving me dumbfounded, "I know I'm hot and stuff, but can you stop oogling at me?"

Stupid guy and his stupid ego. His angelic face doesn't match the devil personality of him at all.

Why is life so unfair?

"Ugh. I DIDN'T OOGLE AT YOU. It's just.. there's mosquito on your face" I put up a lame excuse for checking him out and looked away from his suspicious glare.

"Even mosquitoes can't handle my hotness," he winked flirtatiously and my face flushed red at his egoistic comment. His ego is sure damn bigger than his head!

"You know what, I don't have time to deal with your jokes so bye," I turned away without giving him a last look.

What a way to start my new journey. I sighed and ordered my usual favourite Mocha Frappe. I scanned through the available seats and decided to land my at the very edge of the shop. 

I d my pocket to find my phone, only to meet with sheer disappointment. The absence of a particular communication tool made me anxious.

Lady luck surely wasn't with me today! I was rummaging through my bagpack frantically when somebody taps at my shoulder.    

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?" I scowled when the same guy I bumped earlier appears in front of me. He smirks half-heartedly and showed me the pink phone I had lost.

"Damn it ,I'm being nice here! I guess you are looking for this," he judges and hands me the thing I'm looking for.

"How'd you find it?" I gave him a suspicious look before snatching away my belonging.       

"You left your phone at the site you'd bumped into me and disappeared," He shrugged and gave me a wink before leaving me.

I checked the contact list in case the names went missing. Thank god, everything's still here! 

An unfamiliar name is printed on my phone screen-" Jaehyun the cute guy" and I was surprised. 

Way to go, me for not locking my phone.

The speaker blared, announced my flight is ready to depart. I went to the counter and did all the necessary procedures before boarding the airplane.

 So his name is Jaehyun, huh? I thought and another side of me hushed the thought of the pretty boy.