GRIM REAPER: personification of death|UPDATE 7

grim reaper: personification of death

Hyukjae was awakened by the bright sun rays escaping from his wide window. He blinks for several moments and roamed the room with his eyes. He smiled as he saw a bunch of colorful flowers on his vase and a note on his bedside table. He picks it up and reads appa, good morning I hope you won’t be mad at me for picking your flowers in the garden. I just want you to see how beautiful they grow with your care. 

He smiled wider as he read the last part. Appa, I promise to be as beautiful as they are when I get older, love sun kyu. He folded the letter back to its form and put it inside the drawer below his table. What a sweet morning greeting from a very nice little girl. He stood up and get ready for the day, today is Monday and it’s the first day he would go back to his office after all the unplanned incident that he encountered in the past few weeks.

He got dress and glance at the mirror for the last time checking his current appearance before he walks out of his room and down to the dining area. From the area he hear familiar voices giggling and seems like having so much fun, he peek from the side of his door and saw siwon laughing madly with sun kyu, he felt warm at the scene and decided not to distract the two, he just observe the two on how they laugh and throw their arms in the air because of excessive happiness, they look like angels having fun. With the grumbling stomach and a look on his wrist watch he decided to get inside and join the two at the table.

They both look up to hyukjae and welcomed him with their smiles. Sun kyu, jump off her chair and went to hyukjae’s side taking his hand and guiding him to his chair.

“thank you sun kyu, thanks for the flower as well. I’ll look up to your promise ok?” hyukjae said once settled on his seat. They started eating and exchanged loving glances at each other, hyukjae then thought of this, seeing this happy scene everyday, his own family dining in. a family, him, his son and a partner, suddenly the image of donghae come to his mind. He imagined donghae sitting on siwon’s place; he shook his head to erase the thought. siwon saw the sudden change of reaction in hyukjae’s face. He silently put his hand on top of hyukjae and eyed him caringly. Hyukjae faked a smile and continue eating, he knows siwon is his best friend, his protector and he knows him for a very long time but imagining him as his partner forever, he can’t and why did just donghae appear on his thoughts? did he love the other already? He shrugged the thought again and continues eating; he needs energy for the whole day.

After eating, he sat for a while and then moves his car; he was shock when siwon sat on the driver’s seat “im your driver again hyukkie.” Siwon half joke. Hyukjae smiled and sat silently beside the guy. Their ride was silent, as much as siwon would like to discuss things to hyukjae such as being safe, and looking out for danger he can’t, he knows that hyukjae is oblivious to the fact that the bad guy is till after him. And he doesn’t want hyukjae to worry too much especially nowadays that hyukjae’s health seems to drop because of too much work. 

Siwon is deep in his thoughts when hyukjae taps his shoulder which makes him step on the break. “what?”
“you already passed my building.” Hyukjae chuckled as siwon’s eyes almost bugged out of its socket at the realization. “you seemed spacing out.” hyukjae said. “yeah, I’ve been thinking lots of things. The department is quite busy.”

“is this about my case?” hyukjae’s expression turns blue. Siwon saw the worry and he doesn’t want to lie, and he can’t lie, hyukjae is very smart he will surely know it in no time. “yah, a bit. But it’s ok. Im the head right? I assigned myself to guard you. You must be very lucky neh hyukkie?” siwon said to at least ease the tension forming in hyukjae’s thoughts. it was proven effective when hyukjae replied “arrogant mr. police man are we?” they both laugh and siwon starts the engine again and heads back to hyukjae’s building.

00000

He was welcomed by his loving employees, hyukjae is truly love in his office, he’s a very kind boss and a very caring guy to each and everyone of them, they couldn’t even ask more from hyukjae because first, their salary is high and given on time, second hyukjae never hesitates to help them and their families if they need help. Hyukjae was much more of a miracle to them, hyukjae is god’s gift to everyone he knew.

Hyukjae replied with the same happy smile to each people who greets him, he is very happy knowing how his people misses him, he miss them too. the smell of the paper, the large files set on his table everyday, the sometimes loud laughing of his employees when it’s break time. He smiled and walk to his office followed by siwon close behind.

He started his job and studies the large files resting on his table for weeks, siwon yawns as he observes hyukjae do his work. “if you’re tired you could take a nap at the couch.” Hyukjae said to siwon not looking to the guy, he continues to scan the folder and siwon yawns again. “go to the couch and sleep siwon, I can’t work if someone is yawning beside me. You’re making me feel sleepy too.” hyukjae said half irritated, siwon laugh but went to the couch and lied there. Hyukjae went back to scanning the files; he looks at siwon’s direction and smiled caringly. Siwon must be so tired; it’s been so much hassle for his to guard hyukjae 24/7, hyukjae feels so guilty at siwon’s tired look as much as he wants to tell siwon to stop guarding him he knows that the other won’t agree so he just let him be.

After a very long day of scanning siwon and hyukjae drive back home, as they entered the house they found sun kyu sitting on the floor with donghae. They’re having fun solving puzzles, hyukjae fakes a cough and got the two’s attention, he walks faster as sun kyu runs to welcome him. “welcome home appa. How’s your day?” she said as she pecks on hyukjae’s cheek. Donghae stood up from the floor and waited for hyukjae to get closer, “why are you still here?” hyukjae ask donghae as he puts sun kyu down. “I accompanied sun kyu til you get back home. And I need to have a word with you eunhyuk.” Hyukjae blush at as he hears the nickname. 

“sorry for waiting too long, I hae to finish lots of papers. You should have call me earlier so I could finish it fast.” Hyukjae said still blushing, it’s now siwon’s turn to fake cough, “donghae, it’s a bit late, why don’t you just tell it to him tomorrow.”

“no! siwon. That would be bad. And besides it’s just 7, we could eat dinner together.” hyukjae shouted, he doesn’t even know why he doesn’t like the thought of donghae leaving.

“yeah! Doctor hae and siwon oppa!” sun kyu grab both hands of the two and run to the dining area. “appa! Come on im hungry.” He shouted at hyukjae who childishly run as well.

To siwon and donghae, the two exchange deadly glances towards each other, reading each other’s expression. Then they talk using their powers.

“why are you here?” siwon started angrily. 

“you know why. It’s because of her.” Donghae replied with the same amount of irritation.

“then why do you have to wait for hyukjae?” 

“why are you jealous, eunhyuk and I are friends I want to see him?” 
siwon’s expression turns more sour at the mention of the new name 

“what are you up to? It’s not his time yet.” siwon ask. 

“well how did you know? You’re not a reaper. You can’t see his life span.” 

“I know it because I won’t let him die anytime soon.” 

“being confident , neh siwonnie?”


The silent fight was broken when they hear a loud shout, it was hyukjae. They both look at the direction of the noise and saw hyukjae lying on his on the floor. He sits up and rubs his to ease the pain. Both guys run to his direction, they took hyukjae’s arms and help him to stand up. Siwon and donghae lead him to the chair and sits him down. “what happen?” donghae ask. “I trip my self on the carpet. It has crease and …” hyukjae blush. “are you hurt?” siwon said worriedly. Hyukjae nod. “I hurt my .” “let me see.” Siwon said and his hands are on its ways to hyukjae’s but stop half way when donghae took a hold of his arm. “im the doctor, let me look at it.” hyukjae blush at the thought that the two guys are fighting to touch his , the two started to argue and exchanges stabbing stares at each other. Hyukjae keeps on blushing, when he saw the little girl’s head peeking on them. He signaled the girl to come over, “appa, I’ll massage your sore for you.” Hyukjae smiled and lie on the couch on his stomach. The girl starts to press her little hands on hyukjae’s . “thank you honey.” Hyukjae smiled at her and she smiles back. 

Hyukjae felt his muscles relaxing at the soothing touch of the little girl. Her hands feel like feathers, like wings gracing his body with ease and relaxation. A soothed moan escape his lips only to attract the two boy’s attention making them stop their fight and look at the lovely scene in front of them. Hyukjae released another moan and the two felt something below their stomach, they both look at hyukjae’s face, he looks so cute with his eyes closed and lips parted moans escaping from his plump lips. siwon immediately shook his head to erase the thought that angels like him shouldn’t have. While donghae keeps on staring at he vulnerable sight of hyukjae. He looks so angelic and daring at the same time. He looks lower and saw the oh-so-y curves of hyukjae’s body down to his .

After the massage hyukjae stood up and give his daughter a loving and thankful hug. “thank you sun kyu. I feel better now, even my back muscles are not sore anymore.” sun kyu smiled. “come on, let’s eat.” Hyukjae and sun kyu head to the dining room, hyukjae notice that siwon keeps on shaking his head and closing his eyes tightly as if avoiding something, then his vision shifts to donghae and saw the other with lips partly hanging open and standing frozen but eyes following hyukjae’s every move. Hyukjae snapped his fingers at the two to get their attention back. “aren’t you two hungry?” he ask once the two were back to normal. Donghae closes his mouth immediately and nod. Siwon on the other hand give himself a final slap and follows hyukjae and sunkyu to the dining area.

They sat silently at the table as the food were served, donghae and siwon can’t help but stole glances at hyukjae, the earlier scene almost give them a very unpleasant idea towards hyukjae, siwon felt really embarrassed and donghae despite being the bad guy can’t help but be shy as well at his sudden flaw. They both let out a sigh of relief when the food arrives meaning they would be distracted from thinking of hyukjae, but they’re both wrong. They’re now staring madly at hyukjae, siwon never felt this attracted to hyukjae when they’re eating but today hyukjae looks so cute and charming and too pretty for his own good. Donghae, was again staring blankly at hyukjae as he finds the other alluring and vulnerable, he looks appetizing and smoking hot though all was hyukjae’s doing is just eating his food normally. Hyukjae notice the hot glances and stares he receive from the two but he ignore it for the sake of the food and sun kyu, it was bothering but hyukjae just sigh it off. 

After eating donghae decided to stay longer until sun kyu was asleep, he walks the girl to her room and wait until the girl is resting, siwon on the other hand was left on the living room watching news, he’s the head police after all. He must know everything, after watching the news he turn his laptop on and starts his human job, he type in the police’ security code and looks for the files sent to him by his subordinates. “any new case?” siwon almost jump out when he hears hyukjae’s voice from behind. “no, just checking out some possible suspect for your case.” Hyukjae makes an ‘o’ with his mouth. “so? Any lead?” siwon type in words and series of boxes appear on the screen of his laptop. 

Then hyukjae was shock as siwon showed him a picture of a very familiar guy. “that’s impossible siwon. He’s my uncle, my very close one.” hyukjae shook his head in disbelief. “but all the tracks leads to him. don’t worry, I’ll continue investigating.” Hyukjae’s eyes starts to water at the thought that a very special person is the one who want to kill him. siwon guides his hand and lets him sit beside him. He hugs him tight and whispered. “I’ll protect you.” Hyukjae’s eyes starts to shed tears. He nodded and hopes that siwon just mistaken one of his relatives.

“ehem.” A fake cough gets their attention and saw donghae standing, “I need to go. Sun kyu is sleeping now.” Hyukjae dried his tears with the back of his hand and immediately run to donghae’s direction. “thank you very much hae. Let me walk you out.” Donghae nods and eyed siwon who stood up and wants to tagged along. Hyukjae shook his head and siwon sat down on the couch and continue typing.

“why are you crying?” donghae asked when they’re out. Hyukjae was silent. Personal problem? Ok I won’t intrigue you. It’s private right?” Donghae said and face hyukjae. “but eunhyuk, im always here when you need help.” Hyukjae looks at donghae and there was a stinging pain in his chest as he saw how worried donghae’s expression is. He sighed. “siwon thought that my uncle is the one behind all my death threats.” He suddenly said. “I just can’t believe it.” he bows his head but was shock when donghae grabs his waist and crushes him next to him. “don’t worry, it’ll be fine.” he feels the bothering pain in his chest again and started to wail; he cried in donghae’s chest and soaks the others with his tears. “if it’s true I can‘t take the pain of betrayal hae. I just can’t.” hyukjae tightened the hold on donghae’s shirt. “I don’t want anyone lying to me. I don’t want the feeling of being betrayed. I don’t want it.” donghae replied with a tighter hug. He put his head in between hyukjae’s neck and shoulder. “I won’t let you feel it. I’ll protect you.” Donghae doesn’t know what he is saying, he just keeps blabbering comforting words to hyukjae, he can’t take the crying and broken state of the other, he doesn’t know what he is feeling but he can’t take to look at the horrible sad face of the other and all he wants to do is see the gummy smile again, so he promise, he promise though he know he was lying as well. Donghae then took hyukjae’s face to look at him, to dry his tears but when he saw how sad hyukjae’s eyes were he can’t help but to caressed the smooth skin and leans forward, his lips touches against hyukjae and like the first time he did it, it was still soft. So soft he feels like he was in heaven again with angels around them singing songs of love.

Hyukjae was sad, so much sadness forming in his chest, he was confused as well, but when donghae leans forward and capture his lips all he can think of his is day dreams, the donghae kissing him dream. The kiss was soft and gentle. It was heavenly sweet and angelic, he feels like he did feel the same sensation before. He kissed back and put his hands in donghae’s cheeks.

Donghae was losing control of the moment but he keeps the information at the back of his mind so it won’t escape and hyukjae won’t get it back. He kissed him, with his own will he kissed hyukjae with gentleness and he likes how it felt against his skin. He moves his arms and tightens the hug. Once air becomes an issue they both pull away panting hardly, air to supply their lungs. Donghae saw hyukjae bow his head, he took the guy’s chin in his fingers and raise his head, and he was blushing beet red. He pecks on the lips and pulls the other for another hug. “let me protect you.” And hyukjae nods.