GRIM REAPER: personification of death|UPDATE 4

grim reaper: personification of death

Hyukjae arrive home and was welcomed by his daughter sun kyu. He was enveloped in a warm hug and wet kisses from the girl once he entered the big house. Sun kyu was truly a princess, an angel given to hyukjae by God. She was lovely and sweet to everyone and has a very wide way off thinking. She was the treasure the old man gave him and he promised to protect her as long as he can.

“I was worried appa. How are you?” sun kyu ask as she continue hugging hyukjae tight. “shh~ don’t worry my angel, im ok. As long as you’re here im ok.” Hyukjae said in his comforting voice hoping to ease the worry from the little girl. Sun kyu nods at him and beam him a big goofy smile. She looks up to siwon and quirk an eyebrow when she saw siwon spacing out. “what’s wrong with siwon oppa?” she ask hyukjae in a low voice. Hyukjae looks up to check siwon ans saw that the girl must seen siwon spacing out. He fakes a cough trying to get siwon’s attention but he failed. Siwon must be thinking really deep that he didn’t even notice that sun kyu starts to tugged on the lower part of his shirt.

“oppa, what are you thinking?” sun kyu said once siwon was back to the world. Siwon smiled and shook his head. “nothing sun kyu. I was just thinking about my work.” He answered but by his tone hyukjae knows he was lying and siwon never lied unless it was very necessary. He furrowed his eyebrows and eyed siwon intently, siwon notice the serious expression on hyukjae’s face but decided to ignore it and and drag hyukjae ans sun kyu to the kitchen saying that he’s really hungry and tired because of their long day.

Sun kyu and hyukjae just shrugged the thought off and followed siwon to the kitchen, this must be really serious and hyukjae will just let siwon be until he’s ready to talk about the ideas he have earlier. They sat down on the long table and waited for dinner to be served. It was a good bunch of food and the three were full, they went to the living room after eating and sat down to watch movie. It was past ten when the movie they are watching ended, sun kyu was sleeping on hyukjhae’s lap and hyukjae’s head was leaning to siwon’s shoulder.

Siwon saw the serene expression on both faces making his nerve-wracking day a bit at ease. He sighed and move the bangs covering hyukjae’s eyes. “you’re heaven.” He said in a hush tone. And lean to kiss hyukjae but when he was just few inches away he backed out. He clenched his fist and decided to wake hyukjae up. He must not do it, there is a very strong force preventing him to kiss hyukjae and he was happy to know that this force was still in control of his decision.

Hyukjae stir from his seat and blink a few times. He yawned and looks up to siwon questioningly, looking too innocent for a guy of aged 25. Siwon laugh and push hyukjae a bit. “you’re flooding my shirt with your saliva.” Siwon joked and poke hyukjae’s cheek. Hyukjae pouts and slap siwon’s hand. “I hate you!”—“you know you love me.” hyukjae hits siwon’s chest. “arrogant police.”

Siwon just love hyukjae’s happy expression, he feels so secure and contented just seeing how happy hyukjae is. It has been 5 years since they first met and every time it feels like they just met yesterday because everyday with hyukjae is full of different happenings and surprises. But he knows he can’t fall for the guy, there is a very special task, a that is preventing him to fall in love, he was depriving of human love. This has been his second chance and as much as he wants to confess to hyukjae he must keep the gap between two different roles. He must stay as the knight in shining armor but he can never be his prince charming because before he experiences the consequence of forgetting the said thing, he regrets. He lost the very special thing he vows to protect and this time he won’t let that happen again. He committed mistake once and now he won’t let it happen again, never, not to hyukjae—even how much donghae push him.

*Flash back few hours ago when they are still in the hospital.*

“you should take a rest hyukjae.” Donghae said as he taps hyukjae’s shoulder and signal siwon to follow him out of the room. Siwon smiles at hyukjae and follows donghae out of the room.

“so falling again huh?” donghae said as they enter his office. 

“what do you mean?” siwon asked him, confused.

“don’t make me a fool siwon, I know you’ve fallen for him. why can’t you say it? are you afraid to lost your wings again? Is he not worthy of an angel’s wings? Donghae ask, full of sarcasm on his tone. Siwon glared at him but sighed, he won’t let donghae be happy, he will just let the other as long as he wants to. “are you afraid of being rejected for the second time huh?” donghae continued his arrogance. 

“im not in love with him if that makes you happy. It’s my job to protect him. you should know that.” Siwon said in retort as donghae never fails to inject insults in his every question.

“oh yeah, you’re a guardian angel now. Im sorry I thought you’re still an archangel.” Donghae laughs. “you know, it’s really sad, you’re on the top, an archangel… but look at you now, you’re just a guardian angel protecting someone as girly as that lee hyukjae.” Donghae smirks as he saw the growing irritation at the other’s face. “you’re too much siwon, Before you’ve sacrificed your position as an archangel and her love just to be near that human. You’ve become a heart broken fallen angel hen your human love rejected you and if not for the angel that you dumped you wouldn’t be here, you must be like me now or worst burning in the pit of hell. But what did you do to her? You still dumped her as if she was nothing. And where is she now? She’s totally fallen and burning in your supposed to be position and you never tried to save her.” Donghae’s tone becomes sharper. “you’re a selfish angel you know.” Another sarcastic laugh from donghae. “ and now it seems like history is repeating itself… oh well, only to your part because as you can see hyukjae doesn’t love you the way you love him.”

“I told you I don’t love him. and if this is about her well I tell you, I didn’t dumped her and it’s not my fault that she’s lustful and envious of the people on earth. She’s angel she must not feel that way—“

“then why’d you fell in love with a human? You should not feel that too right?” donghae cut siwon’s explanation. 

“I will not talk to a nonsensical angel of death. Good bye donghae, see you whenever.” Siwon turns his back. He can’t contain his feelings every time he would remember his past and donghae will do every thing just to remind him of it.

“well, we’ll be seeing each other very soon because hyukjae would be mine. By the way, have you taste his lips? his lips are soft and sweet, softer than the clouds and sweeter than human candies.” Donghae laughs he knows what would be siwon’s reaction to this and he was never wrong. He was push on the wall, siwon holding his shirt by the collar and the whole body shaking from anger. 

“ you donghae, stop messing hyukjae! This is not about him, if you’re still angry with me don’t get hyukjae in. it’s our problem let’s solve—“

“this won’t be solve, you know that. Im doing my job, it’s not like I want a very pretty and innocent guy be involve in my job. I just really have to be close to him, im an angel of death siwon. I took lives. And watch your words, angels don’t reapers.” donghae said and pry siwon’s hand. He fix his shirt and walks out of the room, leaving a horrified siwon in his office, cluching his fist so tight it loses blood and turned white.

*end of flashback*

“earth to choi siwon, you’re spacing out again.” Siwon was out of his reveire when he saw hyukjae’s waving hand in front of his face. 
Hyukjae giggle as he was now able to get siwon’s attention. “so, how’s mars? Of you’ve been to Neptune this time?” hyukjae jokes and siwon laughs. Seeing siwon with his normal happy self and deep dimples hyukjae felt a bit at ease, he knows how nervous and busy siwon is andnow he adds to the other’s worry because of the continues life threats and accidents, he loves siwon’s happy side, he loves him more than a brother but nothing near being a lover. He never thought of siwon that way. Siwon is just special, very special and he can’t take if anything bad happens to siwon.

Siwon carried the sleeping sunkyu from hyukjae’s lap and carry her to her room hyukjae following close behind. “siwon, you could always tell me your problems im your friend, you know that right?” hyukjae said but siwon pretended he doesn’t hear.

“I know that’s why I won’t tell you.” He answers when he knows that hyukjae won’t hear him.

00000

From not so far from hyukjae’s house.

“hyukjae, your time is near.” A guy seating on a big chair said as he lit his cigarette and smoke. He breathes out and the scent of the cigarette consumes the room. “so near I could see it.” he laughs and continue smoking.


a/n; hello, please read. guys, i don't know anything about angels the random ideas here are from books and novels i've read before. lol love you fighting. this is a haehyuk fic, i assure you.