1/1

Big Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Don’t give me that face.”

“I just don’t get it,” Seungri mumbles around his food. ”I don’t need supervision, babysitting or whatever you want to call it. It’s not like I’m going to set our house on fire. I can handle being alone at home just fine!”

Seungri loudly stabs at his vegetables with his fork, his pout intact. This was absolutely unfair. He was seventeen year old, turning eighteen next week. He can absolutely take care of himself and their home just fine thank you very much.

He doesn’t need a babysitter.

He’s a big boy now.

Plus, Seungri was a relatively nice person if he does say so himself. He’s never done anything to upset his parents or teachers or classmates, heck, even his neighbors. He has never caused absolutely any mischief in his life – okay so maybe once or twice but whatever, that didn’t matter, it wasn’t like he harmed anyone, just an innocent prank or two, nothing much to worry about.

Anyway, he can totally handle a little alone time at home. He promptly voices this out to his mother again, but the woman just turns to him with an eyebrow lifted up teasingly, stifling a laugh at his statement.

“As long as you’re staying under my roof, you’re still a baby in my eyes, Seungri.” His mother replies, getting up from the dinner table and fixes her pencil skirt, pointily ignoring her son’s glare.

“Listen honey, I have to go soon, so be a good boy and finish your vegetables.” Seungri grumbles a reply that his mother takes as a rough fine. “The babysitter is coming in a few minutes so better finish up quick.”

Seungri stands up to clear the plates on the table and put them in the sink. “I still think this is ridiculous, I can absolutely take care of the house by myself.”

“I know you can.”

“What?!” Is she serious right now? “So why are you still insisting on a babysitter to come over in the first place?”

“You’ll get lonely.” His mother smiles at him with that smile, a smile that Seungri was well acquainted with, and Seungri instantly knew she was up to no good.

“What are you plotting?” Seungri asks carefully. “Who... is actually coming?”

Just then her cellphone rings and Mrs. Lee goes to answer it a little too excitedly for Seungri’s liking.

“Who–”

“Jiyong! How are you, sweetie?”

Seungri pales instantly at the name.

His mother had to hide her amused smile with the back of her hand. Seungri is giving her the meanest glare he can muster, reaching out to snatch the phone from her hands, which makes him accidentally hit the loudspeaker button instead.

“You are not having him over,” Seungri practically hisses at his laughing mother.

“Aw, why not? You do remember your Jiyong-hyung right? Don’t tell me you still have that adorable little crus–”

“I DON’T–”

“It that Seungri?! How’s my baby doing?”

Mrs. Lee watches her son’s ears turn into a bright red at the pet name. Seungri walks briskly past her to escape to the safe quarters of his room with his hands cupping his ears. She’s positive she heard him mutter I’m not a baby over and over again as he walked by her.

“Hello? Seungri?”

Mrs. Lee lets out a sigh before pressing the phone back to her ear. “Hey Jiyong. He went to his room. Don’t worry, he’s fine.”

“Aw, I wanted to talk to him,” She could practically hear the pout in his voice. “But I’m just around the block anyway, so,”

“Perfect! I’ll be going in a moment. And don’t worry about Seungri, okay? He’s just a little moody today.”

Jiyong laughs, “Alright, I can’t wait to see him! I miss him terribly. Do you think he misses me?”

“Oh, I’m sure.” Mrs. Lee replies a little too mischievously.


 

--


 

Seungri hears his mother shout out, “I’m going, sweetie! Have fun with Jiyong today!” despite the pillow on top of his face that he’s trying to smother himself with.

That traitor.

That was supposed to be a secret between the two of them. And between the two of them only.

He promptly reminds himself to never tell his mom about any more potential future crushes. (Which will probably not happen any time soon. Or any time ever, actually.)

Of course Seungri remembers Jiyong.

God, who could possibly forget that pretty face? (Also that gummy smile, seriously, don’t get him started on that.) Not Seungri, okay. Granted, it’s been a few years since they last saw each other (which to be honest if it was up to Seungri, would never have happened in the first place), but he’s absolutely positive he still looks as beautiful as he was at fifteen, cuddling with seven year old Seungri.

The brown haired teen groans into his pillow.

Okay, so maybe his mother was right. Not that he was still a baby (he still was in this household apparently) or anything. Maybe he still has a little crush on Jiyong. Maybe. He hears about him sometimes through his cousins who are apparently friends with him at work. So maybe he’s keeping tabs on him through them, but at least he’s not a Facebook stalker. (Okay, maybe sometimes.)

The sound of the doorbell ringing downstairs makes Seungri’s heart beat a little faster than normal, which is not good, not good at all.

“ my life,” Seungri pulls his blanket up to cover his red face. “Maybe if I don’t make a sound he’ll go away eventually.”

The silence was deafening as Seungri holds his breath, his ears sensitive to every little movement, every little sound around him. Seungri knows he’s being so overdramatic about the whole situation but he can’t help it, he wasn’t (and still isn’t) prepared to meet the person he was and (still is) infatuated with for, well, about the past ten years of his life.

Really, he was content seeing just mere pictures of him on social media. As long as he knows he’s doing well with life, it was enough.

But, ugh.

He could practically hear his annoying mother’s loud cackling in his mind. She had caught him a few times researching (read: stalking) Jiyong on his Facebook account and had offered to take the boy to where Jiyong works at. His mother apparently knew where it was and said that it was just a few blocks from her office. If Seungri ever wanted to come say hi, she’d gladly take him. The offer was obviously very tempting, and Seungri had considered it many times, believe him, but in the end he always declines, always saying he wasn’t quite ready yet to face his old babysitter of three years anytime soon. His mother had hummed in acknowledgement and had respected his wishes.

Until now, apparently.

Looks like she has taken upon herself to do her son a favor by making them meet so suddenly like this.

Again, that traitor.

Anyway, Seungri was just going to stay in his bed until he loses his breath. Yep, he would rather suffocate to death that even be breathing in the same air as Jiyong. Sue his dramatic .

But still, the boy couldn’t help but be a little curious...

It really has been a long time since he’s seen his hyung. Since the moment they met ten years ago, Seungri knew that Jiyong would be an important part of his life. The older was not only his babysitter for three years, he was his best friend (and at that tender age his actual only geniune friend, the thought made Jiyong so sad that he literally cried for him because he was kind like that, and little Seungri had kissed his tears away), his confidant, and partner in crime. So it goes without saying that Jiyong definitely had a special place in his heart.

The last time they physically met was when he was ten and Jiyong was eighteen and they would always frequent the park just a few walks from Seungri’s elementary school because the boy was an energetic little fluff.

It has been over about, well, seven years since then and yeah, maybe he really misses his hyung too. Sue him again for being weak-willed.

Seungri eventually drags himself to the front door and sneaks a peek at the peep hole. The teen ducks down in panic when Jiyong looks up and ends up hitting his head.

Damn. He looks good.

Which is definitely bad, really bad (for Seungri’s heart, at least).

Godammit.

This is going to be more difficult that he initially thought it would be. He had a decently vague plan in his head which consisted of mainly trying his hardest to ignore his hyung for the duration of the day, but seeing as once glimpse of him already got his heart pounding and his head hurting (quite literally), this was not going to end well.

“Seungri?” Jiyong calls out, hearing the loud thunk from Seungri’s hit.

“Did he see me?” Seungri whispers to himself. It takes him an embarrassingly long time to realize Jiyong can’t actually see him from the other side of the door.

“Baby?” Jiyong tries again. “Are you there? Open the door, please?”

Seungri’s eyebrow ticks at the pet name before he stands up and pulls open the door in anger.

“I’m not a baby, hyung!” He hisses, baring his teeth out at a wide-eyed Jiyong, his ears practically emitting hot steam. “Just for that, I’m locking you out. Have fun outside.”

Right before Seungri slams the front door shut, Jiyong quickly slides his boot between the door and the door frame preventing it from closing. “Aw, don’t do that,” Jiyong gives Seungri his best puppy dog eyes. “I’ll be good, I promise. Yongie promises.”

Seungri cringes at the old nickname. He use to call his hyung Yongie all the goddamn time back then. He had trouble pronouncing Jiyong for some odd reason and kept calling him Yong-hyung ‘til it evolved to Yongie.

“Pinky promise.” Jiyong held up his pinkies with the cutest (in Seungri’s opinion) grin on his face. “You know how serious I am with my pinky promises.”

“No thanks,” Seungri mutters with a sneer, kicking at Jiyong bigass boot that was blocking the doorway. “You pinky promised once that you won’t leave me. But you did. So I don’t believe you.”

Okay, yeah.

So maybe Seungri’s a little bit of a grudge holder as well. Jiyong just finished highschool at that time and was focusing the whole of his summer break on taking various part time jobs to earn money for university. But of course ten year old Seungri didn’t understand that. Jiyong had been spending less and less time with Seungri that summer that the little boy became whiny and bratty to a point where his fedup mother took him to the small cafe that Jiyong was waiting tables at just to calm him down and reassure him that his Yongie-hyung hadn’t vanished from thin air.

Jiyong’s brows furrow as he takes in Seungri’s words.

“I’m sorry,” He says in a soft voice. Jiyong looks up at him with the most sincere gleam in his eyes. He looked so sad that Seungri almost wanted to revert time and take his words back.

Almost. He’s still a little miffed about the incident from seven years ago. Again, sue him.

“Seungri-ah, I’m sorry. I didn’t know.” Jiyong starts solemnly, and Seungri is really hating himself now for making Jiyong feel unnecessarily guilty on their first meeting after seven years. The boy’s frustrated front crumbles a little and Jiyong takes a deep breath, seeing it as a sign to continue. “I had to leave to go to university. You know that I couldn’t take you with me, Seungri. But, I’m here now aren’t I?” Jiyong mumbles his last sentence, giving Seungri another of his soft smiles that makes the boy weak. “Please let me in?”

Sighing, Seungri finally relents and opens the door slightly, enough for his head to poke through. Like he said, he’s a relatively nice boy. It doesn’t help the fact that he has a dumb soft spot (read: crush) on the man on the other side of the door. The teen reluctantly looks up and sees Jiyong’s blinding white blond hair and hopefully brown eyes.

“You can come in.” Seungri mumbles, pulling the door wider before stepping back inside. When he doesn’t hear the telltale sound of Jiyong’s boots following him, he looks back only to find his hyung still at the door, pouting at him.

“What are you doing still standing there?” Seungri says, exasperated. Jiyong can be a stubborn bastard sometimes when he wants something. And from the look in his hyung’s eyes, the older was on a mission.

And just as Seungri predicted, Jiyong opens his arms wide and says, “Can I get a hug?”

“No.” The younger quickly answers sternly, but the thought of wrapping his arms around his favorite hyung is making him waver a bit. Aside from the occasional twitch from his brow Seungri doesn’t let his poker face fall.

“Aw, why not?” Jiyong actually whines and Seungri really trying very hard to fight the blush creeping up his neck because Jiyong is adorable like this and adorable and Jiyong are two words that shouldn’t ever put together, Christ.

“I’m a big boy now, hyung. I don’t do hugs.” That’s a lie. A big fat lie. The boy loved hugs, especially from Jiyong, in fact when he was little the first thing he would do when Jiyong would come through their door was to run to him and spread his arms up demanding a hug, and Jiyong would smile so brightly and scoop him up for a warm embrace. But he’s not going to let Jiyong have the satisfaction of knowing that tiny tidbit. Nope. Seungri ends up huffing but Jiyong caught the waver in his voice and his pout is slowly morphing into a teasing smile.

“Give me a hug then, big boy.” Jiyong chuckles, wiggling his eyebrows in a suggestive manner as he slowly inches closer to a sputtering Seungri, his poker face gone and cracked. He stops just in front of the frozen boy and says, “Just this once, please? I won’t ask for another one.”

Seungri let’s out a nervous, shaky sigh and motions for the older to come closer. He’s weak, okay? and the Jiyong in front of him with his pretty smile and handsome face isn’t helping the situation one bit. And from the way he reacts and responds to everything the younger was saying to him, he is still the same old familiar Jiyong he grew up loving.

Sigh, okay he wins.

“F-fine. Just this once, oka–”

The younger never got to finish his sentence as Jiyong lungs towards him, wrapping his arms around his boy’s neck.

“You’re so big now, baby.” Jiyong mumbles against Seungri’s floppy brown hair, nuzzling his pointy chin against the crown of his head. Seungri let’s the pet name slide for once because he’s too tired to fight. Also, Jiyong feels incredibly nice and warm.

Seungri definitely doesn’t think about how his height makes his head rest perfectly onto Jiyong’s chest, nor about the slender arms that are now snugly wrapped around his waist. Nope. Not even the really pleasant scent of apples that is totally all Jiyong.

It takes Seungri a while to register the kiss on the top of his head. “I’ve missed you.”

And yes, Seungri swears he didn’t snuggle closer.



--


 

“Hyung,” Seungri says, exasperated.

“Hm?”

“I can’t do my homework with you suffocating me to death.” Seungri hisses, trying to wiggle around Jiyong’s tight embrace from behind.

They were in Seungri’s room because he insisted on spending the day doing all his homework before the holidays end. Just as he was about to close the door to his room, Jiyong had slipped right through and followed him to his bed. Ignoring the pesky babysitter, he went and sat cross legged on his bed, opening his laptop to get started. But Jiyong payed no heed to the younger’s dismissive behavior towards him and joined him on the mattress, wrapping his arms around the boy’s waist from behind. He rested his pointy chin comfortable on Seungri shoulder, watching the boy work.

“Hmmm, it having homework on the holidays isn’t it? Glad I’m done with that crap.” Jiyong mumbles, nuzzling his nose onto Seungri’s sensitive neck. Seungri stiffens, saving his document before closing his laptop shut and he puts it aside before he accidentally flings it in the air. Jiyong is making him very jumpy and he can’t trust himself to be handling expensive things without destroying them in his skittish predicament.

Jiyong goes in for a kiss on his neck and in panic, Seungri falls to his side bringing the older down with him. Pouting, Jiyong fl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter