fin

Come Back To Bed

“What are you doing?”

 

Heechul’s head snapped up when he heard the husky voice coming from his right. His grip faltered on the pen he was holding, previously using it to go through and sign some papers. After spending the night with Kyunghoon he found himself not being able to sleep, paying attention to when the man beside him started breathing evenly, detangling their limbs, getting up and making his way to his study.

 

He had gathered some documents from his desk and brought them over to his living room. He settled them on his coffee table, threw a couch cushion on the floor and sat on it, organizing the piles of paper.

 

He hadn’t bothered to look at the time until then, when he turned to see Kyunghoon standing by the hallway. His eyes snapped to the clock on the wall: 3:27 a.m.

 

“What are you doing? You should be asleep”, Heechul playfully scolded him.

 

Kyunghoon rolled his eyes and yawned. “So should you”, he pouted, frowning and crossing his arms in front of his chest. Heechul often told him he had a real talent of being cute even though he was a thirty three year old man.

 

Now, Heechul was tired, but that didn’t mean he wasn’t able to appreciate the fact Kyunghoon was standing there, wearing only his underwear and what he was sure was the hoodie he had draped over the back of his desktop chair the night before, rubbing his eyes, looking sleepy and soft, making the urge to kiss him grow tenfold.

 

He smiled up at him. “I couldn’t sleep. Figured I should get ahead with these papers.”

 

Kyunghoon’s eyebrows furrowed. “You can do that later, though”, he whined.

 

Heechul kept his laughter in. Sleepy Kyunghoon meant whiny and clingy Kyunghoon, which was always adorable. “What will I do staying in bed without sleeping though?”

 

“Cuddle me!”, Kyunghoon said, as if the answer was obvious and he was insulted by Heechul asking that question.

 

Heechul grinned. “I’ll cuddle you all you want later, okay? Some people will yell at me if I don’t go through these soon enough. You don’t want people yelling at me, do you?”

 

Kyunghoon seemed to be on the verge of saying something before he closed his face and huffed, walking away.

 

A part of Heechul was sad to see him go, the other was relieved he could work without the distraction that was that freaking grown up baby.

 

He sighed as he went back to reading the black letters, that by this point were already getting blurred. He dropped his pen on the table and squeezed his eyes shut, pinching the bridge of his nose.

 

When he opened his eyes again he was surprised to see Kyunghoon walking back from down the hall, dragging a blanket behind himself. Heechul raised his eyebrow in question when the other man flopped down beside him.

 

Kyunghoon stucked his tongue out in a childish manner and then proceeded to lean against Heechul’s shoulder, cuddling his left arm, the blanket covering his figure, keeping him warm and numb.

 

“What are you doing?”, Heechul asked, his voice coming out lower as if not wanting to disturb the man clinging onto him.

 

Kyunghoon’s answer came out muffled as he buried his face on the other’s shirt. “If you’re not cuddling me in our bed, I will cuddle you here.”

 

The way he called the bed they usually slept in when he came over as their bed made Heechul’s eyebrows go up, a smile forming on his lips as he bent down and pressed a kiss to the top of Kyunghoon’s head.

 

“That position can’t be comfortable, though.”

 

Kyunghoon opened his eyes and stared at him, their faces close. “You’re right”, he stated, pulling away only to position his body so he was laying on his lap, Heechul’s arms around his frame, Kyunghoon’s head tucked underneath Heechul’s chin, resting against his collarbones.

 

“Much better.”

 

Heechul laughed at him and his bold behavior. “You’re unbelievable.”

 

“Yeah, well, you’re the worst boyfriend ever”, he retorted with bitterness in his voice.

 

Heechul chuckled, moving to kiss Kyunghoon’s forehead. “No, I’m not.”

 

Kyunghoon smiled and looked up at him, a hopeful expression on his face. “You won’t be if you kiss me and go back to bed so we can cuddle.”

 

Heechul smirked. “Oh, really? That’s all I got to do?”

 

Kyunghoon smiled mischievously. “Yeah. That and, you know... doing the dishes, taking out the trash, not leaving your clothes everywhere-“

 

“I don’t see you complaining”, Heechul said, pulling at the material of his hoodie.

 

“Taking me on dates, feeding me, keeping me properly satisfied-“

 

“We sure don’t have a problem with that

 

Kyunghoon slapped his chest, smiling, still continuing. “And other ordinary stuff, like taking me on a trip around the world, buying me lots of things made out of gold-“

 

“I swear, if I didn’t know you, I’d think you were being serious.”

 

Kyunghoon smirked at him, moving so he was straddling Heechul. “Who says I’m not?”

 

Heechul was about to retort when Kyunghoon kissed him, not too desperate or heated, still being half asleep and tired from the busy schedule he had had on the past few days.

 

They broke apart and Kyunghoon yawned again, yelping at the end as Heechul bent down to playfully nip at his earlobe.

 

“Okay, you won. I’ll go back to bed.”

 

Kyunghoon smiled, victorious. “Can you carry me?”

 

Heechul rolled his eyes. “You and me both know I’m not nearly strong enough for this, Ssamja”

 

Kyunghoon laughed. “I know, I just find it amusing to hear you say it.”

 

He stood up abruptly as did Heechul, who went running after him, Kyunghoon laughing all the way into their bedroom.