Final

A Delivery Boy's Valentines Day
Please log in to read the full chapter

A Delivery Boy's Valentines Day

 

 

Taking two steps at once, Jimin rushed up the stairs. The staircase was a quite depressing mix of different shades of gray and smelled of cleaning agents. He hoped for the inhabitants that the apartments were a lot nicer.

When he reached the right floor, he had to take a rest and catch his breath, wondering why it had to be the fourth floor. He took almost as long to recover as the time he had saved while hurrying, which made him wonder why he even made the effort. You definitely spend too much time with Yoongi, he scolded himself and took the mental note that he should go to the gym more often. The last few weeks he had been slacking. He couldn't help but smile over the image of Yoongi in the gym. His coworker lived by the motto of not doing anything if he didn't gain something in return. Would you have asked him, what he did for a job, he would have answered: “As little as possible.” No joke. Jimin had seen it happen.

He knew, though, that Yoongi loved his job, especially the part where Seokjin had forbidden him to ever take care of customers again, and did it with passion.

Whatever it was that had made that ban happen, it had occurred prior to Jimin's employment and no one at Forever Spring talked about it. Ever. Not even Hoseok, who always liked to gossip, could be bribed into telling the story.

Feeling fully relaxed, he rang the bell above the nameplate that read Jeon. He used the time it took for the door to be opened to make himself look presentable. A studied smile took over his face and the bouquet of flowers was positioned in front of his chest.

Approaching steps could be heard behind the closed door and it opened to reveal a beautiful middle-aged woman, who was just a bit smaller than him. She seemed startled.

“I have a delivery for Jeon Jungkook,” Jimin smiled at her while explaining his presence. “Does he live here?”

Without a word, she motioned for him to wait and disappeared into the apartment. He could hear her call sternly: “Jungkook darling, there is someone at the door for you!”

For a short moment, Jimin panicked. Please don't let that Jungkook guy be her husband and the customer his affair. Please, Jimin pleaded silently. It had been weird that the customer with the charming rectangular smile had wanted Seokjin, who was the one writing the cards, if you didn't deem your own handwriting beautiful enough, to sign the card he wanted with the flowers with just V. That just screamed a secret affair. He really didn't need this today. After all Valentines Day was about celebrating love and Jimin planned to do just that, even if he himself didn't have a loved one he could spend the evening with. Well, he could have a loved one, that is if Yoongi returned his feelings. But Jimin would probably never know about it because he would never have the guts to tell his coworker about his crush.

All tension left his body, however, when a man his age appeared in the door. That meant the woman was probably his mother and he didn't have to deal with an affair. Jungkook was taller than him, Jimin noted. His hair was dyed a hazelnut brown and he looked good, even in a plain white t-shirt and sweatpants. His already large eyes widened even more at the sight of the flowers in Jimin's hand and after a moment a fond smile stole its way onto his lips. It reminded Jimin about why he liked delivering flowers the most about his job. Not because of the hours he sometimes spent sitting behind a steering wheel, but because of the reactions, the flowers teased out of their receivers. He had always thought those were magic moments.

“You are Jeon Jungkook?” Jimin asked and the man in front of him nodded. “I have a delivery for you.”

He handed Jungkook the bouquet, who immediately buried his nose into it, smelling the flowers. Jimin thought it was cute.

“You have to sign this,” he got a piece of paper with the delivery printed on it and the pen out of the pocket of his jacket. Jungkook did and the smile he threw at Jimin seemed so sincere, the shorter on wondered what exactly the story behind those flowers was. “Thank you,” the brown haired man said. “Really, thank you so much.”

Jimin just shrugged his shoulders. He hoped this seemed cool. “It's just my job. Good evening.” He bowed respectfully and turned around. This encounter had been able to make his mood skyrocket and all the way to his car he hummed the melody of the Beatles's All You Need Is Love.

His concert of cheesy love songs continued in the privacy of his vehicle with him singing enthusiastically along to the songs on the radio. His next and last stop of the day was the office Seokjin's boyfriend Namjoon worked at. It was the first time Jimin had seen his boss make a bouquet of flowers and even with his untrained eyes, he could understand why it was normally Yoongi handling those. But it was the thought that counted.

Jimin didn't like delivering to office buildings as much. He normally would just hand the flowers to the receptionist and wouldn't get to see the reaction the receiver had when getting them. But this was Namjoon. They knew each other, so he just texted his friend that he was on his way and when he stepped out of the elevator on the floor Namjoon's office was at, the other was already waiting for him.

“Hey Hyung,” he greeted his tall friend and handed him the bouquet. “These are from your hubby.”

“Thanks, Jimin. Diligent as always,” Namjoon smiled at him.

“You know me,” Jimin joked. “Ah right, and I have a message from Jin-hyung. He said you're not expected home before six.”

“Good to know. I had just wanted to call it a day and go home early but it seems like I'm up to an extra hour.”

“Well then, I should be going now. Bye Hyung.”

“Bye Jimin.”

Back in his car, he thought about their relationship. It had always seemed so perfect to him, Namjoon's willingness to work overtime just so Seokjin had some extra time to prepare something, that was probably extremely romantic, for him was just another example o

Please log in to read the full chapter