Hidden Scars

broken toy

Back in the day i remembered you were the first person to help me up


 

15 years ago: 12 years before crash.



 

“Are you ok? You’re crying and mommy said only people who are sad cry. Why are you sad?” I look up to see a boy with big eyes and a flower in his hand behind his back.

 

“Please don’t cry anymore. I don’t like it when people cry.” He gave me the flower he was holding with a smile. It was a blue lily. How beautiful. I took the flower from the boy’s hand and whipped my remaining tears off my face.

 

“How old are you?” He asked me. I raised my hand and showed him my fingers.


“Oh you’re 5 too?” i nodded.

 

“Do you want to play with me?” i look up to him and he had such a big smile on his face. I thought about why anyone would want to play with me since i'm never one to be playing with the other girls. After a while i nodded my head slowly.

 

“Ok! Wait here for me alright?” i nodded again.

 

He came back with a shield that looks like it belonged to a knight and a lovely blue tiara. I never really liked the colour blue but the tiara was so nice.


The boy came up to me and handed the beautiful tiara to me.

“Here. you can be the pretty princess and i'll be your knight to protect you from evil!” He exclaimed rather loudly. I gave a small smile and we headed to the park.


For that whole day we played in the park. We would run away from dragons down the slide. Go on the swings and pretend to be riding horses. Swing through the monkey bars as we traveled through the forest. Dig into the sand box to find little treasures. We played until the sun set and no one ever interrupted us. Not until the boy had to go home.

“Will my princess be back tomorrow!?” He asked as his mom tried to drag him back home. I smiled and nodded. I see him return a smile and snuck through his mom's grasp. “Keep this ok?” He handed me the tiara. I look up to him confused. Why would he give up something so beautiful to someone like me? “So tomorrow when you come back i can find my princess!” i look up to see him giggling while holding on to his shield.

 

“We have to go home now sweetie” His mom said as she opened her arms for him to climb up in.


“Ok i'm coming mom!” he turned back to me and smiled.

“I have to go now, please come back tomorrow ok princess?” All i could do was nodd.

 

I watched him as he walked out of the park with his mommy hand in hand. He seems so lucky to have such a nice mommy. I wish i had a nice mommy. I wish someone would hold my hand. I wished we could’ve played longer. I want to stay but it’s getting dark. But i don’t want to go home.


 

You never let them get to me


 

8 years ago: 5 years before crash




“What are you going to do for your 12th birthday, princess?” He turned to me and asked. Honestly i’ve totally forgotten all about my birthday. I’m going to be 12 in a week. This is all happening so fast. We kept walking until we reach the library. We set our bags down.

“Are you going to have a princess and knight themed party?” I put my finger to my chin and made a thinking face. I looked over to see him copying my exact movements. I laughed and shoved him away a little. I nodded, i guess i really do like princesses.

 

“I should’ve known. Well, will i be your knight my princess?” i rolled my eyes and of course nodded my head. He started laughing and i couldn’t help but join in.


“Do you want my mom to bake you a cake?” i eagerly nod my head. I loved her cakes. She has been making me cakes since my 7th birthday. Each year she never fails to amaze me. 

“So what time should we have the party at my house? Maybe around 6?” i nodded. 6 seems fine by me. We don’t have many people coming. Just our other 6 friends from school. Well, more of his friends then mine really.

 

His phone dings and he checks who messaged him.

 

“I’m sorry princess but mom said i have to go home. Its an emergency. I’ll text you ok?” He gets up and grabs his things to leave. I guess i should go home too, not like i really want to.

~~~~~~~~~



“YOU MOTHER ER! DON’T LIE I KNOW WHAT I SAW, THERE WERE HICKEYS ON YOUR NECK!”

 

“IM ING TELLING YOU THEY'RE A RASH, A SKIN CONDITION!”

 

“I DIDN’T SEE THEM YESTERDAY YOU LYING BASTARD!”

 

“WELL MAYBE IF YOU PUT DOWN THE ALCOHOL FOR ONCE YOU COULD BE ABLE TO SEE A LOT OF THINGS YOU CRAZY !”

 

“DON’T YO-” I run up to my room hoping i didn’t get noticed. I shut the door and blasted some music. Even that wasn’t enough.


“WHY THE DON’T YOU COME HOME ON TIME?”

 

“HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME I GET OFF WORK WHEN YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW HOW TO PUT A BOTTLE DOWN?”

 

“WHY YOU -”

 

“TRY ME HOE-”

 

I tried blasting my music louder so i can’t hear them. I went to to my bed and hid under the covers. It was warm and comfortable. I felt at ease, something i didn’t feel in a while. I slowly drifted off to sleep.




 

~~~~~~~~

 

“WAKE UP ” i felt the blanket getting ripped off me and thrown to the floor. Next i felt hands grabbing my collar and my face meeting the floor.

 

“ITS BECAUSE OF YOU THAT I'M STUCK WITH HIM!” I felt many hits to my left cheek.


“I’m sorry..”

 

“IF WE NEVER HAD YOU I WOULD’VE BEEN FREE” More kicks to the stomach.

 

“I’m sorry..”

 

“YOU WERE A MISTAKE! WE NEVER WANTED YOU” My right arm is numb.

 

“I’m so sor-UGHHH” Her foot hit me in my gut, hard.


“HOW DARE YOU COME. IN. TO. MY. LIFE.” With each word she kicks me harder. 

“I-i’m s-s-so so-orry” She grabbed her bottle of wine and stormed out of my room but not without calling me names like ‘hoe’, ‘’ and ‘waste of space’. Im left on the ground struggling to get up. I’m never allowed to say anything, to anyone. But the only one phase i know is safe to say is “i’m sorry”

 

“I’m sorry, i’m sorry, i’m sorry, i’m so s-s-so so so s-sorry”



~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Happy birthday to you~ happy birthday to you~ happy birthday to our princess! Happy birthday to you!!” they all sang. I was so happy my smile was so wide. I felt someone touching my head, when i turned around i saw him putting on my blue tiara for me.

 

“Make a wish princess!” he said as he finished putting it on me.

 

“Make a wish!” i look around at everyone before i close my eyes and make my wish.

 

‘I wish to have a family that loves me’


I open my eyes and blow out my candles. Everyone started to clap and a smile found its way to my face. We started to hand out the cake but of course i had the first slice. It was a chocolate cake with buttercream icing and a layer of chocolate ganache on top. I loved it. 

“Y/n, where are your parents? Shouldn’t they be here with you?” I turn to see a boy with brown hair and a boxy smile. I liked that smile. But i didn’t like the question.

 

“U-um- “

 

“My princesses parents aren’t here because they have work so i decided to hold a party for her here at my house” Oh thank lord he saved me.


“Oh i see. I’m sorry i didn’t know” He said with a frown. I look up to him giving a smile to say that it’s ok. He seemed to get the message and smiled along. He went of to the other boys who were getting more cake.

 

“Thank you”

 

“A knight shall always protect his lady” He bowed as i rolled my eyes at him. How over dramatic.

 

We ended up having a really good time. We all had second slices of cake, watched movies, sung and danced, went to the park and and played truth or dare. Even though it was a small party with barely 10 people, it was one of the best memories in my life. Sadly that moment ended and i had to go home.

 

“Good bye princess! I’ll see you at school on Monday!” i smiled and waved good bye.

 

I step into my house and close the door.


I walk up the stairs to my parents room. Mom was in the bed fast asleep from all the drinking and dad was on the floor passed out.

 

I quietly close their door and walk into my room.

 

I closed the door and got ready for bed. I changed into my pj’s and pulled the covers over my shoulders. My eyes slowly start to become droopy and heavier by the minute.

 

“Good night”



 

You always tried for me

 

3 years ago: day of crash


 

“Are you sure you can’t come today princess? It’ll be really fun! We’re going to go to karaoke!” i smiled but shook my head.


“No” 

 

“Fine whatever you say princess” He said as he pouted. For a 17 year old he such does look like an 11 year old sometimes. We headed to our first period classroom. We arrived and i went to my seat near the window. He got stopped by some girls on the way here so i decided to let him enjoy his glory. He arrived into class right before the bell rang and sat next me.

 

~timeskip to after school~

 

“Princess, do you want me to drop you home?” i smiled but shook my head. He has plans tonight and i don’t want to interfere.

 

“I’m ok”

 

“Are you sure?” i nodded my head.


“Ok but if anything happens call me ok?” i simply nod again.

 

We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. I was walking and walking until i finally made it home. I opened the door and all i heard was a loud crash.

 

“I KNEW YOU WERE WITH ANOTHER !”

 

“CAN YOU BLAME ME? HAVING TO COME HOME TO A DRUNK WIFE WHO DOESN’T LOVE ME, A DUMB CHILD WHO IS TO SCARED TO SPEAK, A HOUSE THAT LOOKS LIKE AND NO FOOD ON THE TABLE?”

 

“GET OUT!”


“GLADLY” He picked up his coat and stormed off while pushing me in the process. My mother saw me and quickly ran up to me with a bottle in her hand.

 

“YOU WORTHLESS PEICE OF . YOU DID ALL THIS TO ME” She slapped me across the face.

 

“I’m sorry..”

 

“YOU SCUM. HOW CAN SUCH DIRT BE RELATED TO ME?” Another slap on my face.

 

“I-i’m so sorry..”

 

“YOU BETTER BE SORRY YOU NO GOOD PIECE OF TRASH!” She swung her bottle to my head. Again and again and again.

 

“S-s-so so s-so sorry. I’m so-o sorry” She kept hitting my head with bottles until she ran out. All i can see was blood. 

“Ju-jungkook. Jungkook h-help me-e” all i see is black. 

 

~~~~~~~

 

“Tell me everything you know” Who was that?

 

“I came to her house to check if she had arrived safely. I told her i had plans tonight so i think she wanted to give me time to prepare? I didn’t feel good with just leaving her so turned around and started to walk back in her house direction. When i got there the door was already opened so i just walked inside. I saw her on the floor like she was dead and i panicked so i called you guys.”

 

“That was a smart move boy.”

 

“Thank you sir”

 

“Do you perhaps know where her mother or father is at this point?” Mom and dad? Where is my mom and dad?

 

“I don’t know where her father is but i know it was her mother who did this.” My mom hurt me? Is that true?

 

“How do you know boy?”

 

“When i walked in i saw her with a bottle in her hand before she could’ve hid it. She is and an alcoholic and would have more than enough bottles to attack y/n.”


“Hmmmmm i see. Thank you with your cooperation boy. I will see to it.” A mother wouldn’t hurt their child like that. My mom wouldn’t hurt me like that right?

I weakly open my eyes and look around the room. I see a boy with a blue tiara in his hand. Why does he have a tiara?

 

“Oh my thank the lords you’re awake now princess!”

 

“I'm sorry, who is princess?”

 

“Don’t play with me, Princess. You’re my princess, and i’m your knight.” He said as he placed the blue tiara on me. It is pretty but i don’t know who this is.

 

“I’m not your princess nor are you my knight? I think you have the wrong person.”


“Don’t you remember me?” He looked at me with desperation in his eyes. I don’t know him yet i feel so close to him. Did i really know him?

 

“Who are you and what were you to me?”


“Im Jeon Jungkook, i was your knight and you were my princess.”