하나: Who am I?

N E P E N T H E

Light woke up sweating profusely and with tears gathering in his brown orbs, threatening to fall down anytime soon. He searched for his phone in a hurry, needing any source of lighting for he only sense comfort under the blinding lights. The nightmare Light experienced is still fresh- every detail stuck in his mind. Why would it not? Ever since the day the doctor told him his name, the nightmare keeps on reoccuring. Like a movie on repeat, he memorized evey scenes and can even recite the lines in a hearbeat. It was a part of him that he couldn't let go no matter how hard he tries to. It wasn't fear that always engulfed him whenever this happens- it was the agony that keeps striking a nerve or something inside of him. The agony of losing someone without knowing why, without knowing who he is. One thing Light remembers the most from those nightmares are the belligerent eyes that stared deep down into his soul. Those eyes that keeps on analyzing him, wanting to open up his mind and look for secrets he, himself, doesn't recall. Almond shaped eyes that seems vaguely familiar, and the familiarity is what scaring him the most. Light figured out a long time ago that he knows this person- but he couldn't remember who. Or maybe he doesn't want to.

 

Light heaved a sigh of relief, before getting up from his bed fully aware that sleeping is not an option now that he is awake. He needs to do something that will take his mind away from that nightmare. "Maybe work can help me... All those papers that need to be signed, and presentations I need to prepare for." He mumbles to himself. The friend of his that assisted him in the hospital that introduced himself as Jongdae, a childhood friend he have no memories of, told him that his priority is work since his family is.. Gone. Not dead, just gone. Light wanted to pressed furthermore, curiosity building up, but Jongdae's words stopped him from doing so. "You told me countless times that if you proceeded with this 'operation' I will not give you any information about your past life. And since I am your best friend, the one you trust the most, my lips are sealed tight!". If his past self wouldn't want to mingle onto the past, why would he?

 

He did the operation without regrets and it will stay like that.. or did he?

 

~*~

"Byun Baekhyun?! Is that you?!" A tall man with tousled brown hair, attracted the attention of everyone with his boisterous voice. "I didn't pressumed in a thousand years to see you here, wearing a business suit and wow you're holding a laptop! It's different from the past you-" The word past pulled him away from the trance he was slowly falling into. The tall man's actions startled him, but the words coming from him made his curious side appear. The tall man gawked at his silver hair- "Did Baekhyun dyed his black hair?". 

 

"M-My apologies Sir, but you mistaken me for someone else. I'm Light Song, CEO of Luminious Corporations." The tall man in front of him furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, he was sure that the shorter man in front of him is none other than Byun Baekhyun. And when the man named Light smiled to him- with eyes shining in delight- he was positive that this is the Baekhyun he knew.

 

"I know this sounds weird, and you're probably thinking that I'm a weirdo or a creepy stalker.. But would you like to have a coffee with me right now? I-I'm Park Chanyeol! J-just for you to know I'm a good guy." Chanyeol said in a hurry, making the shorter man laugh. "There's a coffee shop down the streets. I just want to talk about something.. Urgent! This is urgent!" He was hoping Light would agree to his invation, wanting to find answers for the questions looming in his mind.

 

"I'm not a coffee guy.." Chanyeol's shoulder slumped upon hearing those words, losing his last string of hope because the Baekhyun he knew will do anything for a cup of coffee. "But I do love their Jasmine tea, so I will be glad to accompany you." He gave him the same smile he's been sporting ever since they stumbled upon each other, making it hard for Chanyeol not to show his toothy grin too.

 

~*~

The two men made their way to the coffee shop, both nervous but very eager to have a conversation with each other. Chanyeol offered to pay for their drinks, pointing out that he was the one who invited Light and if the latter wants to repay him they can arrange another friendly meeting. He ordered his usual drink, but contemplating whether to proceed with Light's order or change it to espresso- Baekhyun's favorite drink. He decided to order Jasmine tea, because maybe Light is just a long lost twin brother of Baekhyun. "You're crazy Park Chanyeol.. Remember what HE said? Byun Baekhyun is irreplaceable, an angel from heaven". He chuckles at himself when he recalled the exacts words of his best friend- an angel that shines in the darkness.

 

"Uhm, I'm sorry for what happened earlier.." is the first thing Chanyeol said to Light one he had settled down on his seat. "You just resemble him so much.. b-but when it comes to your dislikes and likes, well you're different. Yet your smile, that smile that screams 'Baekhyun, baekhyun, baekhyun!' is what gets me you know?" Chanyeol fixated his gaze outside the window, watching the people pass by. The memories keeps on coming, and like a speeding truck it continues to hit him.

 

"I'm sorry to disappoint you.. but I'm not him." Light smiled sadly wanting to comfort the man in front of him, and the latter whispered a faint "I know". "I'm just curious, forgive me for intruding in your privacy.. But this Baekhyun.. is he your boyfriend, an ex maybe? Someone special.. You just talk about him like you really know him, like you care so much." Chanyeol started to laugh, confusing Light.. "Why is he laughing.. it seems sad to mistook someone for someone else.. It means you miss him so much. "

 

"No! No, you got it wrong! He was my friend. I would probaby talk in present tense, if he didn't left so suddenly.. We woke up one day, without any trace of Baekhyun anywhere. H-He disappeared." Talking about it still hurts, even though five years had pass already. They look everywhere for him, but it seems like he's hiding from them. "And I'm a best friend of his ex-boyfriend, Sehun. He took the news harder than all of us even though they ended in a not so good way.. According to Sehun, he was his smiling angel.." Sehun.. sehun.. sehun- everything went blank. And a flash of light. Laughters. White. Those eyes. Pain.

 

Light stood up abruptly, the chair falling down as he did so. Chanyeol looks at him with a worried expression but before he could ask what's going on, he fell down onto his knees with his hands finding its place on his head. "I-it hurts! M-my head hurts!". Chanyeol upon hearing those words, started panicking, trying to help the shorter man get up from the floor. The other customers are now looking at them, worry etched on their faces. Before he could force Light to stand up, someone had pushed him making him fall to the ground.

 

"LIGHT?! LIGHT! LIGHT! What happened?!" The man in front of him is shorter, and the way he handles Light's sudden outburst made him realized that they know each other and he should let the man take care of the situation. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?!" The man directed his anger to Chanyeol, making the latter flinched. He was just talking about Baekhyun and Sehun's relationship, he didn't expect this kind of reaction from Light.

 

The man lifted up Light, helping him walk towards the exit not sparing a second glance to Chanyeol. The latter was distraught because of what happened.

 

~*~

 

Jongdae was in their kitchen cooking porridge for Light, his motherly instinct kicking in once he saw his best friend kneeling on the ground with fear visible in his brown orbs. Taeyeon, Light's assistant, heard his boss' conversation with the tall man named Park Chanyeol and felt very obliged to tell Jongdae about it. He will surely thank her later, because he doesn't know what will happen if he hadn't showed up in time. Jongdae knows the guy, and his old best friend will never dare talk to him again after five years of hiding. Light had sacrificed a lot in the past, and now that he finally achieved his dreams, Jongdae will make sure nothing or no one will ruin it. Maybe these dreams are not Byun Baekhyun's, but they're Light's. And if there's a new Baekhyun, there's a new Jongdae too.

 

"Dae, who is Sehun?" Jongdae dropped the ladle he is holding. "Someone you don't want to remember.". "Who.. Who am I?" Light asked, uncertainty can be heard in his voice.

 

    If you'll ask Light Song what is the only thing that he's afraid of, he will answer you with "my old self". 

Because a part of him knows that he did everything, to not remember.

   But it keeps on haunting him, and he's tired of running.

He wants to know.

~*~

 

Author's Note: I'm very excited to start this fanfic, so my apologies if this is short. The next chapters will be longers. And this is sort of a sneak peek. I hope you like it!