Life Among the dark.

War of The gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

this is all from one persons point of view.

It has been three centuries and I can honestly say, we have gotten use to an eternal night. I heard that our forefathers had asked the gods to make a new sun but they were denied. Why? No one knows. This is just how life is and it seems like it will be forever.

Many rebel gods have tried to cleanse us as they called it but the gods who guards us are never failing. Many have come and many have fallen. So many in fact it made me wonder just how many gods are there in this unending night, this vast universe.

Life continued, flowing like a river. Each of us live like this is how it has always been and maybe it is how it had been, just we didn’t have the eyes to see it. How the gods sat and talk to us like they were one of us, how they lived like us. Why did they hid themselves for so long until the war broke out? Answer: humans. We are the cause of it all and to be honest… I wish it would all end.

Why am I thinking or wishing this? Because I, Moon Byul Yi, I am the last of my family. I heard I got my name from my great great great grandmother who apparently loved a god. A god who died for us.

But it doesn’t matter because like everyone else, that god is gone and I am alone. Sure I got friends but even they can’t stop this. This pain I feel as I stand and watch as they lower my parent’s coffin along with my sister. Their lives were taken when a rebel god broke through the wall and saw them.

Where was I? I was too busy living my social life like a normal twenty-five year old should. I was too hangover to go on a family holiday, I price I paid for drinking too much the night before and a party.

Why them? Why her? Just why? Why? Why? Why?

Too many whys and not enough answers. There will never any. That much I know.

After the funeral I did what any normal person would do, shut myself from the world and leave without a word. I drove to our holiday house without letting any of my friends know. The whole drive my phone kept ringing and all I did was turn up the music.

When I entered the house, I did nothing for the past seven days but hollow myself into a corner of my room and cry until there were no more tears but pain. Just pain. My friends still continued to try to call and text me. Saying they were here waiting for me and to call them anytime.

Today or night, you can never tell with this endless night, I thought it was going to be the same, I just lay on the floor and cry myself to sleep but instead I heard a knock on the door.

Getting up and making sure I was presentable, I opened the door to see the old lady who lived just down the road from me, she smiled warmly at me. A smile that hurt me. It reminded me too much of my mother’s smile.

“Byul. Why didn’t you tell me you were here? How long have you been here by yourself? Have you even been eating right?” her sweet voice that somehow calmed me asked,

“I’m sorry Miss Myoui but I needed to be alone.”

“I understand. But come and eat with me this night. It’s a beautiful moon and I do have someone I want you to meet dearly.”

I couldn’t refuse her. I tried but under those soft brown eyes and warm smile it was impossible. Her home was as it was all those years ago. Warm and cute. There were endless photos of her youth and family, not to mention a photo of her with a very beautiful girl.

I notice this when I visited Miss Myoui when I was younger that she had a shelf of photos of this girl who was un-ageing. I should have known that girl was a god and it was true when I heard Miss Myoui say, “That’s who I want you to meet. This is Lee, god of wisdom. We met when I was still a teenager.”

Lee smiled made all the pain I felt leave my body, I felt the weight being lifted off my shoulder. I don’t remember how or when but somehow I ended up in her arms and her voice was warm and soft, so soft that I melted and allowed myself to show how much I was hurting.

It’s not everyday that you meet a god and end up crying this their arms. And not everyday you actually see a god up close and personally. Also not everyday you find out that the old lady living down the street is actuall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter