Think

Lips to Lips
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehyun's POV

 

    Two hours. That's all it took. It only took two hours for me to mess this up. Honestly, I'm not sure how it happened. All of a sudden, after hanging out and talking (and a little bit of flirting and admiring) I ask, "can I kiss you?"

    Of course, it wasn't intentional (I think), but she's been staring at me blankly for about a minute and now my throats dry and ugh. I stared into her eyes, swimming in their depths, trying to find some sort of answer, "um, why?" (wasn't the answer I was expecting, but ok), I blanked and opened my mouth to say something, but closed it immediately seeing that there wasn't a purpose to it. Against my own will, my mouth kept opening and closing, trying to force my brain to come up with words to tell the girl in front of me, "I, um, like... you..." It wasn't a complete lie, but it was still partially lying.

    "Is it your ability?" She asked, sitting up straight. My face at the moment probably screamed, 'How'd you know?' because she kept talking after clearing , "well, you said you, um, liked me so the only reason you'd kiss me is to figure out if I'm your soulmate."

     I scratched the back of my neck, "well, I guess. You're one of the few people I've asked, though. There's some nasty side effects to my ability if I kiss someone who isn't family or my soulmate."

    "Why do you think it's me?"

    "I don't know, I keep wanting to see you and when I first saw you, I thought my heart was gonna burst out of my chest it was beating so hard." Rosé only nodded.

    "I believe you." she smiled a confident smile, "we could try it." I gulped down my nerves.

    "oh, um, ok," I moved closer, placing a palm on her cheek. I moved closer until our noses touched and I could feel her breathe on my lips, "are you sure?" I swam in her eyes. She nodded and I closed the small space that separated us, exp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter