Annoyingly Inconvenient

Lips to Lips
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Jung Yoonoh, more commonly known as Jaehyun, sat awkwardly across from his blind date. She looked like a zealous woman who was in desperate need of some sort of man in her life. He watched as she continuously eyed him up and down, as if he was a painting up for sale, "so, what's your ability?" This wasn't the first time he was asked that exact question. It's usually the first thing girls ask whenever they meet a boy; finding themselves wanting to find out who their soulmates were as well. He found that lying about his ability was much easier. He was fond of the idea of people constantly trying to touch him or asking if he could hear their thoughts/heartbeat rather than having people always trying to kiss him just to find out if they were destined for eachother.

    "I could see a faint glow emit from them," he lied, making up an ability.

    "Do you see it?" She questioned.

    "Frankly, no. No, I can't," a sad and embarassed look glazed over the woman's face. Maybe she shouldn't have asked, "I'm sorry."

    "No, it's ok. I guess my love is still somewhere out there."

    Jaehyun had always found it unfair. Why is it that only guys have this ability? Because of it, they constanly break hearts and reject others. A guilty feeling would be a sort of departing present from the girls that got their hearts broken, and it always left a bitter taste in Jaehyun's mouth. The guilty feeling was even heavier for him since, half the time, he doesn't even know if they aren't his soulmate or not. He cursed his damned ability for being so annoyingly inconvenient. He discovered his ability when he was 13 when his middle school girlfriend wanted to 'take it a step further' and gave him a small peck on the lips. The kiss made him want to throw up and the taste of his own lips were bitter. Instead of getting butterflies, he got a pounding headache that made him grumpy for most of the day. He discoverd the only way to get rid of the side effects was to smell roses. The discovery was all by accident. His headache didn't disappear until he walked past a bush full of roses, the faint scent filled his nose and he found that the aroma helped. After that day, a question he constantly asked girls he started getting intrested in was if their favorite flower was a rose, using the flower as a sign to maybe finding his soulmate.

                                  °•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

    "Excuse me, but I think we might be soulmates," the girl turned around to see the man who claimed to be the one.

    "What's your ability?" She asked, not completely believing the man in front of her.

    "I dream of my true love. The dreams are from their perspective-"

    "What do I do in your dreams?"

    "Normal everyday stuff. The dream is in black and white and all that I can see is the color of your hair." People eavesdropping believed his words and thought that they were witnessing the making of another destined couple.

    The girl smirked, "how long have I had this haircolor? What exactly is 'everyday normal stuff'? If you were actually my soulmate, you'd try and come find me. You'd know the places I frequent. So, if you'll excuse me, I'll be taking my leave."

    The man scoffed,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter